What's new

Review Smok M80 Plus

Mine arrived yesterday, bought it to explore this temp control thing. I've not really had a problem with the 510, though at first the atties did not sit flush, they do now. Guess it just took some bedding in. RE temp control ramp up, it does take a while, but not as long as 5secs, for me anyway. Smok have recognised it as a problem and will issue a firmware update within two weeks. I can live with it until then.

Update to previous post: thought I would test the temp control properly. Dry burned a cotton wick. The coil burned the wick out completely, the coil glowed brightly whilst the temp read 174f!:banghead: It will be going into a drawer until the firmware upgrade, and I'll be sticking to mechs.:12:

Update to previous post: thought I would test the temp control properly. Dry burned a cotton wick. The coil burned the wick out completely, the coil glowed brightly whilst the temp read 174f!:banghead: It will be going into a drawer until the firmware upgrade, and I'll be sticking to mechs.:12:
You don't seriously think a firmware update will change the chip characteristics do you? The supposedly upcoming update is only going to remove the ramp up time this means it will get up to temp quicker, this device has no TC ability it is just has a temp display function and limiter, it does not regulate the temp in away shape or form nor does it recognise the difference between Kanthal and NI200 and if this device is mistakenly left in wattage mode when using NI200, well there is a H&S issue there, seriously this mod should imo never left the factory. Mine is also now broke after only a couple of days, just showing check atomizer when trying to fire, tried differing atties but to no avail, mine is being returned to Ash @ myepack

my subtank is now throwing up a check atomizer message on the m80 , the centre pin of the 510 seems to wander about a lot from the centre i have pmd ash to see about an exchange
Mine has tonight just died, doing the same thing as yours but mine is not firing anything

seriously this mod should imo never left the factory.

Agreed, IMO as it is now it is dangerous. I only bought it for the temp control, so not using it. Tempted to start using it now to see if it holds up to normal use. re the firmware upgrade, I don't know enough to say, so will give them a chance. If the upgrade does not give proper temp control it will be returned as not as described.

update on mine.. recieved replacement from Ash at myepack . very quick turnaround, no hassles.. very much appreciated.
also in the process i picked up from him the brand new smok GCT tank with 0.2 ohm ni200 coil ( gulp! )

turns out the wire had snapped off from the 510 connection inside..

SO ADVICE/ WARNING

though the instructions and images state this is an ADJUSTABLE PIN i recommend DO NOT ADJUST. as this can cause the internal wire to get snagged/ break.
the pin is SPRING Loaded so there should be no real need to adjust clockwise or counter closkwise. if you need to make any adjustments i suggest just a fee pushes with a screddriver up and down or at a last reosrt no more than a QUARTER turn.

the GCT tank is a thing of beauty. all pyrex and stainless steel with gold accents. 4 airhole settings, a big 4ml tank and of course that mad 0.2 ohm ni200 coil. and bonus in that it will also take your VCT coils ( so 1.2 ohms if you wish for regular mods ) .

heres hoping the firmware will sort out the ramp times but so far so good.. huge clouds and no harshness. just a flat solid vape all the way through from beginning to end with no rise in heat.

glad you got it sorted m8..mines has been fine(touch wood) since i sorted the 510 everything sits flush now).i have the vct and love it
Freestyler71 did you get sorted?

glad you got it sorted m8..mines has been fine(touch wood) since i sorted the 510 everything sits flush now).i have the vct and love it
@Freestyler71 did you get sorted?
was tempted to get the VCT but for extra fiver and the larger 4ml tank pus the look of it and of course the 0.2 ohm coil had to go for the GCT instead.
i finally managed to get my aeotank apart after the airflow ring got stuck on full closed.. batter and scratched but now working so thats on the istick 20 . the kayun is on the hana modz dna 30 , the mvp2 has the iclear16b , theres a protank mini on the vv3 and ive got my igow4 dripper and orchid v3 and spare protank mini sitting in the tray ( not a round mech or mod in sight anymore lol )
now to make some kick ass juice to go in it as i think it deserves something with some punch.. now where did i put my anise and lemongrass concentrates!

yeah i may end up getting the gct..trying to save my pennies for a sx mini tho lol

Back
Top Bottom