What's new

Review Smok G320 Marshal Kit

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi Apes tonights review is for the Smok marshal G320 watt kit including the Big baby beast tank and the Marshal 320w mod. This kit was sent to me by Anny from @gearbest.com . thanks as always to Anny and Gearbest for their kindness .
This will not have any influence on the review though.

Whats in the Box.

1 Smok Marshal 320 watt mod
1 Big Baby Beast tank with 2 coils and a spare glass section
1 USB cable for charging and firmware upgrades.
1 instruction manual for the mod and tank
1 Warranty card
1 battery safety card
1 bag of spare o rings etc for the Big Baby beast
2 Rubber vape bands

Specs for the Marshal.

Material: Zinc Alloy
Mod: Temperature Control Mod,Temperature Control Mod,VV/VW Mod
APV Mod Wattage: 6-320W
Temperature Control Range: 200 - 600 Deg.F / 100 - 315 Deg.C
Battery Form Factor: 18650
Battery Quantity: 2 or 3pcs ( not included )

Dimension and Weight

Product weight: 0.265 kg
Package weight: 0.370 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 8.95 x 6.15 x 3.10 cm / 3.52 x 2.42 x 1.22 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 13.60 x 7.30 x 5.10 cm / 5.35 x 2.87 x 2.01 inches

Specs Big Baby Beast.

Material: Glass,Stainless Steel
Tank Capacity: 5.0ml
Resistance : 0.15 ohm / 0.2 ohm
Thread: 510

Dimension and Weight

Product weight: 0.0600 kg
Package weight: 0.2100 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 2.45 x 2.45 x 5.60 cm / 0.96 x 0.96 x 2.2 inches
The marshal kit info etc.

First thing i need to mention and it's an important thing. Please upgrade the firmware before you use the mod there is a bug in the original firmware which won't allow the mod to balance charge and reads the battery discharge incorrectly.

So on getting the kit i set it up and started to use it, after about half hour i noticed the batteries discharging unevenly . The answer to this was to update the firmware which put the problem right, so on we went. Reading through the manual i found the Marshal can be used with either 3 batteries or 2 (18650's)
3 batteries have always been in the mod and i find great run time this way it will do 100-120 watts for a day. The 2 battery option basically turns the Marshal into an Alien in disguise ie it is the same chip and screen as the Smok Alien just in a different body that can take an extra battery and provide an extra 100 watts.

The mod works really well in wattage mode and in temp mode you can adjust the ss curve setting to which type of ss you use ie 316, 304 etc etc and the same applies to ti and nickel. It has a nice big screen with plenty of info Volt,ohms, amps,mode PCB temp and puff counter. In temp mode it displays wattage instead of pcb temp and temp instead of wattage as well as the type of coil material and in both modes displays all 3 batteries or 2 and how much battery is left. In Temp control you go into the menu to change wattage, this is where you would change the ramp up setting for wattage. This Mod fires instantly on pressing the fire button

5 clicks of the fire button starts the mod then another 5 clicks will lock it. 3 clicks will open up the menu which is standard on Smok mods.
Menu gives you Mode, where you can change between wattage , temp and memory. puff counter, settings where you can change screen brightness, firmware upgrade, screen time, adjust ohms and screen lock and direction. And power this is where you can shutdown your device.
I find this all a bit long winded as you have to get to what you want set it and wait for the next screen to continue with other parts of settings. To do firmware updates but please read through how to do this on Smok's website. It would take me ages to explain.

The mod itself is a bit heavy which is due to it containing 3 batteries but it is comfortable to hold and use. i prefer to have the screen upside down so the tank is nearest and the fire button furthest away, this also means the up is the down button and vice versa. The battery door is on the bottom and this is my main con it needs to be shut correctly making sure its clicked fully in place. in essence the door is not the best for people with hand problems it requires some strength to push down and click into place.

As mentioned the chip is exactly the same as the Alien mod the screen however is brighter as there is no tint to it. The screen is also raised a bit which will prevent any leakage from getting in the screen The paintwork i cannot comment on as i have a silicon case on my device.
The 510 is a ss with a gold plated pin the spring has a fair amount of travel and will accomodate upto a 26mm atomizer without any overhang.

Batteries can be charged in the device as it has balance charging, i would still recommend charging externally. I have charged via usb and can confirm it will charge all 3 batteries upto 100% although one may take a little longer than the other 2 which in sense i have noticed when using an external charger. Again i must stress to you to update the firmware before attempting to charge via usb.

The kit, mod and Big baby Beast are available in 3 colours. Silver, Gold or Black.

Pros

1. Large fire button
2. Battery life when using 100 plus watts is excellent so if you used a lower watt setting you would possibley get a couple of days from the device on say 30-40 watts.
3. A choice of 2 or 3 batteries
4. shape feels nice in the hand.
5. Works well
6 displays plenty of info if thats important to you.
7. Fires instantly

Cons

1. Battery door is the biggest con being a bit cumbersome to close
2. the menu system is a bit slow
3. The fact Smok did not send the device out with the firmware upgraded to balance charge correctly.

conclusion will be done as a kit after the Big Baby beast section of the review.

The Smok Big Baby Beast tank.

Stats.

Material: Glass,Stainless Steel
Tank Capacity: 5.0ml
Resistance : 0.15 ohm / 0.2 ohm
Thread: 510

Dimension and Weight

Product weight: 0.0600 kg
Package weight: 0.2100 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 2.45 x 2.45 x 5.60 cm / 0.96 x 0.96 x 2.2 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 13.00 x 7.20 x 7.20 cm / 5.12 x 2.83 x 2.83 inches
What do i think.

Ok i used the Big Baby beast with both coils that came in the kit to be fair the coils lasted a couple of weeks each maybe less. I did however really enjoy using this tank so much i purchased the rba section and 2 glass sections.
With the kit there is no glass for the rba section and the glass that comes with the rba section is for the Smok baby beast so isn't big enough for the Big Baby. The correct glass does however come if you buy the tank by itself rather than part of the G320 kit.

Great tank as mentioned great flavour and enough clouds to keep most vapers happy but this is my main problem with the tank. The 510 pin insulator wears loose and the pin will push down. This in turn will either cause you to get a no atomizer message or even a short message as the coil will touch both the pin and the tank base. It can be sorted by pushing the pin firmly up but it can be a pain in the ass and overscrewing the coil is possible which i have a friend who has had the same issue and cannot get his tank to work as it won't register the thread has worn so that it is deeper than it should be. i have more cons than pro's with this tank but i still love it because it actually does what i want in terms of flavour and vapour production.

pros

1. awesome flavour and cloud production
2. great size tank imo

Cons.

1. The 510 pin wearing loose
2. no spare larger glass for the RBA
3. no RBA
4. Stock coils are a little short on lifespan
5. The fill port is a pain if you are using a large bottle to refill a smaller needle style tip is needed to get into the hole without removing the rubber piece

Conclusion.

The Smok G320 Marshal kit has been a good experience. i didn't think it being a Smok product that it would be as good as it actually is. Battery life is king here as well as its functionality
The mod is a great piece of kit there is a lot going for it and i have to admit Smok have done a really good job here.
The Big baby i really enjoy but the 510 pin is my biggest con this is something Smok really need to sort out. Maybe a better insulator that keeps the pin where it should be or shave a little off the rba contact to prevent it pushing down so much.
I do think the tfv8 would have been more suited as part of the kit due to the device being more powerful than anyone really needs. I certainly don't think i would ever go over 200 watts never mind 320.
Would i recommend this kit?. The mod i would for sure The big baby beast tank i would more so if you can afford the stock coils, but in fairness even they may cause the 510 pin problem. But it's a thumbs up and better than i expected.

Thanks for reading my review as always.

upload_2017-6-27_1-16-52.jpeg
images
upload_2017-6-27_1-16-52.jpeg 20170627_012145[1].jpg 20170627_012251[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom