What's new

Review Sigelie 30w mini

I ordered a sigelei mini, I think it was tuesday from myepack for £34.99, it arrived next day. I had bought it for the wife, I got a wotofo zna clone on tuesday, but I've given her the zna! I love the sigelei, it is amazing value for money!

No battery rattle, taifun fits perfectly flush, pretty much instant fire from sleep (that's why I gave the zna to the wife, it went to sleep just before I went to take a second puff so had to wait the 3 seconds for it to wake up lol), everything feels well made and the silicon cover is great for work.

I've removed the silicon cover for now though, as I swap batteries rather than usb charging, and it's started to stretch and get looser with repeated removal. I will save it just for when I'm doing outside work.

I have noticed that it gave a burnt hit a couple of times on my taifun and I had to lower the wattage, I'm guessing that's down to PWM, I have switched to DC-DC now, hopefully that will stop that :)

Also, I keep seeing people saying it has a mech mode (bypass), including the OP, I see no sign of that in the manual, can anyone fill me in?

Russ

I use it in PWM Mode and found I have had to up the voltage to 8 Watts rather than my usual 7.5 on my ZMAX and MVP. In DC-DC mode it is fine at 7.5 Watts. There's a bit in the manual about the modes but it's not very clear.

The only difference I can see on the screen is at 8 Watts in PWM the voltage is 3.6 and in DC-DC it changes it to 3.7.

I use it in PWM Mode and found I have had to up the voltage to 8 Watts rather than my usual 7.5 on my ZMAX and MVP. In DC-DC mode it is fine at 7.5 Watts. There's a bit in the manual about the modes but it's not very clear.

The only difference I can see on the screen is at 8 Watts in PWM the voltage is 3.6 and in DC-DC it changes it to 3.7.

The reason for the difference in your reported voltage is that the sigelei can't go lower than your battery voltage as it doesn't have 'buck'.

In DC-DC, If you try to go lower than what your battery is outputting, you just get the battery (Maybe that's what people mean by mech/bypass). If you go higher it will boost it.

With PWM, it uses short pulses, instead of continuous voltage, to simulate lower volts.

HTH

Not doing all sides but this thing is NOT mini! It feels cheap and nasty compared to the Cloupor mini. It's almost the same size as a MVP2 but without the solid feel. The PWM setting is at best dubious. IF the Cloupor hadn't had the recent bad press this thing would, very quickly, cease to exist in the vaping world.

It is mini compared to the other Sigeleis, which is the point.

Does it really feel cheaper? That's interesting, feel is very important to me. But from everything I've read lately, Sigelei seems to be ahead of cloupor in quality.

Ps, OP - it's £35 on lots of websites. Stay off ebay for vape stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

The reason for the difference in your reported voltage is that the sigelei can't go lower than your battery voltage as it doesn't have 'buck'.

In DC-DC, If you try to go lower than what your battery is outputting, you just get the battery (Maybe that's what people mean by mech/bypass). If you go higher it will boost it.

With PWM, it uses short pulses, instead of continuous voltage, to simulate lower volts.

HTH
Thanks, I definitely get a warmer fuller vape in DC-DC mode. I may try it out for a while and see if it suits me. I just thought PWM was the standard regulated mode like in the ZMAX, just find it odd I have had to up the wattage in the mini by .5 to match my other mods.

Quick update. Scrub con point 4 from my review. Tank now sits dead flush now my paranoia has subsided!

The cloupor has a few issues that would deter me from purchase. In sleep mode there is a 0.8 second delay until the atty fires. Also, the magnetic door does not sit flush in the frame and you can wiggle it around. Again this may not bother some people but it would me. Not liking the reports of burnouts. Surely companies are experienced enough and run enough pre production tests to avoid this by now!? .....or are they just rushing products out to cash in on present demand? Hmm. ..

You haven't got one jimi. I have two. Delay - yes. Door - perfect. Burnout -no. £20 a piece. Bargain of the decade.

It is mini compared to the other Sigeleis, which is the point.

Does it really feel cheaper? That's interesting, feel is very important to me. But from everything I've read lately, Sigelei seems to be ahead of cloupor in quality.

Ps, OP - it's £35 on lots of websites. Stay off ebay for vape stuff.

In comparison to the cloupor mini it does feel cheaper, maybe its a weight thing, although with battery fitted the cloupor is only 10g heavier.
Possibly the sharper edges or the horrible tinny feel to the battery door. I don't know, it's all subjective. If I had to keep only 1 it would be the cloupor.

I don't think it feels cheap but I have not tried the Cloupor. I don't particularly like the feel of the battery door side when holding it so am using the cover which makes it feel great. Slides off easy to change the battery too.

I'm using Efest reds IMR 2000Mah which have the nipple. They are pretty tight but go in at the right angle. I may get the purples next but had the reds anyway. I'm not sub ohming so they should be fine, they don't get hot in there.

You haven't got one jimi. I have two. Delay - yes. Door - perfect. Burnout -no. £20 a piece. Bargain of the decade.

No I haven't got one but plenty have when you read up on the cloupor and they have obviously not been as fortunate as you. I don't know whether there have been a few releases in quick succession whereby the initial faults were rectified...Some being more unlucky than others?

Last edited:
I went for sigelei today from myepack. My mind was made up by that fact that it uses the yihi chip. Its a tried and tested chip. I just feel a lot safer having it in a house with kids.

Back
Top Bottom