What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Sigelei Sobra Kit - Python Grey

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Snake bite…

Sigelei have been around for years and are one of the companies who have shown innovation in all their work. Having different types of hardware has been a key focus in anything they have been submitting to the vapers of today. Here lies the Sobra kit something which stands out as a fashion accessory with a twist. Let’s get a look at this little one and see if it has the bite…

resize_DSC_1565.JPG
resize_DSC_1566.JPG

Out the Box

The kit comes in 10 different colour options which are Rainbow, Gold, and various snake print options. The kit retails at $89 USD and £60 GBP. So, a reasonably well-priced bit of kit.

It takes two 18650 batteries which are not provided with a slide hinged bottom closing door.

The mod can reach up to 5-230w which works on VW, V, TC and bypass mode. Once upgraded.

The tank included again is the Sigelei Moonshot 120 a very nice tank which is matched up with the mod design. It comes with the standard 2ml TPD compliant glass and the 55ml bubble glass, which I used for this review, A standard MS Coil 0.2 coil, which is rated 90-120 in the best performance. A spare coil which is 0.25 recommended 40-80w along with a set of spare O-rings.

The kit includes a USB charger which is standard throughout the vaping world.

Along with all the warranty cards and certificates of authenticity.

resize_DSC_1567.JPG

The Build

What a great mod and a decent design it stands out in the crowd but is slightly gimmicky to some people. The design is based on a Cobra and it fits perfectly in the hand so a nice touch here. The mod isn’t overly heavy and is well balanced in terms of overall weight. The mod is measuring in at 89x55x40mm. A great size and the perfect fit in my hand.

The screen is clear and very easy to functions. On the display is the battery icons and the wattage along with variable puff counter. Very similar to the Mfeng. It is a colour display but only basic colours, however, this can be changed to one of the two different interface options. The power ranges from 5-230w if updated to the new firmware, recommend if an old batch, however, if this is a new batch not to worry it should be up and ready to use. I vaped at 60-90w and it was perfect for me, nice cloud production and flavour was always there once primed.

The batteries lasted a full day vaping on 70w which is decent, it should be lasting a while. The performance was right down until it said low wattage. Which is great, and it just goes to show you that it really does have a good chip in the mod. Very different from the new upcoming contenders but it’s in the game. I love the fire button and the up and down buttons very clicky and work well. There are no rattles, the fact I can’t hear them rattle is a start.

The Moonshot tank is a decent sub ohm stock tank. I like it a lot, I’m not in love yet because there is better out there but that’s RTA/RDA range so not fair to compare. The coils could have been better, but they perform well, however, going to the higher range it uses juice like somewhat. Not a problem but chain vaping would cause I’m almost certain to burn the coil easily.

Some other features which are included are as follows;

Preheat Function

Temperature Control Suite along with other modes

Ni200 Nickel, Titanium & SS316L Support

Low resistance protection

resize_DSC_1568.JPG
resize_DSC_1571.JPG
resize_DSC_1572.JPG
resize_DSC_1573.JPG
resize_DSC_1575.JPG
resize_DSC_1576.JPG
resize_DSC_1578.JPG
resize_DSC_1569.JPG

Pros

· A good build

· Easy to use

· Nice simple screen display

· Light and compact

· Progressive cloud and flavour

· Good fit in the hand

· Battery life

· Clicky buttons

Cons

· Gimmick looking devices on the snake print, but fits the name well

· Coils don’t last long

· Slight leaking until fully primed

· Plastic feel design

resize_DSC_1579.JPG

Conclude

So the Sobra Kit, and what a nice bit of kit it is. I am fond of it and think it works a treat in overall performance. Once you get past the gimmick of the prints you sure feel col owning one. I was at first slightly brave taking it out and about, but it got the attention and people asked what it was and when they tried it out they said it was a nice vape and they liked how it performed.

The tank leaked at first, but this was down to the coil bedding in once id vaped it a couple of hours it worked a treat and I must say I do like this tank for a subohm stock I think its great. I didn’t find I was filling up the coil all the time even vaping at 80w throughout the day

I always say it would I buy this mod? I think I would have to think about it long and hard. It’s a great bit of kit and it does work a treat. But it’s the braveness of taking it out and about. Like its anything to do with anyone else but still, it stands out of the crowd big time. Getting past all this I think I would on performance, but I would result in a rainbow or gold one, the black as it’s not too much. Again, I cannot fault any part of how its performed for me but I do think the coils need to last a bit longer I got just over a week on the stock coil before I had to change it.

Well done Sigelei it made a mark on some of my vaping friends and its seen widely across different platforms.

resize_DSC_1580.JPG
resize_DSC_1581.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Sigelei Sobra – Python Grey
Tank – Sigelei Moonshot120 – Python Grey
E-liquid – LUMO Liquids– Bakers Fog – Blueberry Ripple - 70/30 - 3mg Nic
Coils – Sigelei MS - Single Core - 0.2ohm
Batteries – Sony VTC5 2600mAh & Samsung 25r 2500mAh

"Slightly gimmicky to some people" IT'S A MOD COVERED IN SNAKESKIN !

Not my cup of tea.

Thanks for the review though.

As said above looks a bit gimmicky for me but my wife would love it .
Great review on it though and iam sure others will love but its just not for me sorry.

Back
Top Bottom