What's new

PoTV VV Box Mod

AndyC1971

Veteran
This is a personal review of a product I either bought or received free of charge. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of this website, planetofthevapes.co.uk

Ok, going back to when I started frequenting this forum and vaping, I came across several posts talking about the quality and craftmanship of box mods from a member called Ethelking. Now I was always inquisitive about these, but never really plucked up the courage to ask how much or what they were like. Fast forward 10 months and after Dexter - formally known as Ethelking, has sent me some awful juices to test, I jokingly asked if he could make me a box mod, just a standard 18650 normal box mod.

After a couple of PM between us, imagine my surprise when this turned up on my doorstep on Thursday this week :)

IMG_0012.jpg

Front of the tin, complete with 510 connector

IMG_0013.jpg

Beautiful button on the back complete with battery vent

IMG_0014.jpg

The inside, complete with a little screwdriver to adjust the voltage :)

IMG_0015.jpg

The internals, and what I really cant believe is the workmanship and quality of the build. Its not a 18650, its a dual 14500 and Variable Voltage!

IMG_0016.jpg

This is it working! - It has never ever missed a beat, and been my goto device at home since receiving it :)

IMG_0017.jpg

Now, I am under the impression that Dexter is going to start mod making again, and I would thoroughly recommend anyone getting one of these. Now I have been lucky enough to of owned lots of high end mods, but this (along with a mod made by Noisysprings) are my favourites, because they are completely one offs. Made with love and passion, and that to me is what vaping is all about. Couple that with this amazing community and forum, and its made me realise, without PoTV, I would never of owned anything like this :)

Whilst talking of generosity, I must point out that Dexter would not take any payment for this mod, but that has in no way reflected on my review of this product.

Words never usually failed me, but when I received this I did get a bit emotional, and was completely speechless upon opening.

The only thing left for me to say, is thank you Dexter, you are a top fella, and complete legend :yourock:

P.S. I was going to do a video review, and will at some point, but as I feel meh, I CBA! :P

The butterfly mod that Dexter made me is my most loved mod, I dont use it as much as I used to, but it is my fail safe for everything!

That looks the dogs danglys! Very smart, green with envy!

AndyC1971 - so glad you like it mate! Thank you for the review too. They are nice and simple, and seem to go on for a long while too. My one has out lived two Vmax(es) and a Zmax mod.

I'm in the process of sorting out my site again, and plan to do purely tin mods, like before. Who knows, I might even break forth as Ethelking once again! :D

@AndyC1971 - so glad you like it mate! Thank you for the review too. They are nice and simple, and seem to go on for a long while too. My one has out lived two Vmax(es) and a Zmax mod.

I'm in the process of sorting out my site again, and plan to do purely tin mods, like before. Who knows, I might even break forth as Ethelking once again! :D
The vaping world is a better place for you being in it :)

@AndyC1971 - so glad you like it mate! Thank you for the review too. They are nice and simple, and seem to go on for a long while too. My one has out lived two Vmax(es) and a Zmax mod.

still got my wee box mod i won here donkies ago, and its still going strong :), top job mate

Back
Top Bottom