What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review KangerTech Vola 100w Mod

Simon G

Olympian
I've always had a soft spot for Kangertech, my first ever tank was the Kangertech Subtank and it's what got me off the cigarettes, but over 2017 and in to this year I lost interest in the brand as they just didn't seem to be making anything that really stood out to me. This little mod however did catch my attention, the size, the shape, the bold colour and black together... it seemed to tick all the boxes for for me, so when I was given the opportunity to choose something I may like to review I jumped at the chance to try this little fella out and Maggie @Healthcabin was kind enough to oblige.

I love the finish on the frame, it feels and looks like a satin powder coat and it's super bright without being shiny and contrasts really well with the black buttons and sides, I much prefer this look to the shiny metallic colours that a lot of mods seem to have at the moment... I know aesthetics are always a personal taste thing but for me.... this is a really nice looking mod.

4block.jpg

The only writing it has anywhere is on the bottom, with a subtle “VOLA designed and manufactured by Kangertech” in a slightly darker green … for all intent and purposes it's been 'de-badged' and looks all the better for it.

It makes me think of things like this.....

lamborghini.jpg

Another big plus for me is the screen, it's simple, clear and sharp and they have shown a lot of restraint when it comes to the colours used with some nice white and turquoise for the main options and a bit of yellow for warnings. I often think colour screens look a bit messy and overdone, but not here.

4so2.jpg

Ok, so we know that I think it's a looker but how does it perform? Firstly lets address one thing, this is a mod with a 2000mAh internal cell which is perfectly ok for me and will supply a good 9 hours use at the power I vape at, 10-14w. That's a day at work or an evening out.... no problem at all. And due to the 2amp onboard charger it can be charged from dead to fully charged in around 45mins. So for me and the way I use the device this is all absolutely fine. … but lets not forget this is a 100w mod, if you vape at 80w and only vape for 10 mins at work then I guess that might work for you?

The menu system is easy to navigate and doesn't have a lot of frivolous options, Holding 'down' and 'fire' will enable you to select one of the three 'modes' .... 'Beginner' 'Intermediate' and 'Expert' … Beginner is more commonly known as 'power mode' and other than adjusting your power up or down there's nothing else for you do. …. which is nice, it's simple but I would suggest not just for 'beginners' as a lot of people only vape in wattage mode. The 'Intermediate' option means you can also vape in TC with all the usual TC wires and 'Expert' gives you custom TCR memory banks and custom power curves. I tested TC with a SS316L coil and it seemed to perform well, a smooth and steady vape.

Because of the centered 510 pin this mod will take a 25mm tank (24mm shown) which is something most people want these days, with 24mm tanks and RDA's being very common now but still manages to be a nice small size overall. Here it is alongside my Snow Wolf mini plus and the Lost Vape Epetite.

WP_20180515_15_32_16_Pro.jpg

WP_20180515_15_32_58_Pro.jpg

The 510 platform is very slightly raised above the top of the mod, which should help to prevent atty swirl and scratches.

There's a lot to like about this mod, if I could change anything it would be to use a 3,000mAh cell rather than a 2,000mAh cell. I can only presume this was to enable them to use a higher amp rated battery to deliver the 100w but for me it would make more sense to have a lower maximum power of 50w and have more mAh. But as we know when it comes to batteries we can't have our cake and eat it, you have one or the other, Kangertech clearly thought that 100w output power was needed.

colours.JPG

As well as this green, the vola also comes in a range of colours, including black. And there is also a matching Vola Tank available, they can be found at Health Cabin here, on their own or as a kit.

https://www.healthcabin.net/100w-kanger-vala-kit-p/17106.html
https://www.healthcabin.net/kangertech-vola-100w-box-mod-p/17135.html
https://www.healthcabin.net/kangertech-vola-tank-atomizer-2ml4ml-p/17136.html

Would I recommend this? It's simple really, if you like the look as much as I do and vape under 30w, then there's no reason not to. It's well made, functions absolutely fine in power and TC... it has power curves, custom TCR , looks great, charges fast and is comfortable to use. ..... personally, I love it and an orange one is on my radar too. :D

If you vape at higher power then only you know if it's going to work for you in the situations you want to use it in. It doesn't have a large capacity, but it is very quick to charge, very compact and will fire up to 100w. If you can top up charge at your desk at work for example then you'll be fine, if you need to be out all day then maybe not.

Other than that, this mod has made me start to look at Kangertech products again. I felt that they'd lost their way a little lately but this is proof enough to me that they are making some great looking stuff that I would really like.

This device was sent to me by Maggie @Healthcabin for the purpose of review, whom I am very grateful to.

Also a big shout out to @eyeball kid

Thanks for reading....

@Healthcabin also have a natty sale on right now to celebrate their 9th anniversary..... so congrats to them!

https://www.healthcabin.net/9th-anniversary/

I wrenched the nylon curtains back
As far as they would go
And peered through perspex window panes
At the acrylic road

xray.JPG

Nice review simon my first sub home kit was the kangertech topbox a great bit of kit at the time

Nice review simon my first sub home kit was the kangertech topbox a great bit of kit at the time

Thanks mate, yeah they've made some good stuff over the years .... I think the TPD messed them up quite a lot and they just seemed to lose their way a bit .. they spend a long time developing and released all those 2ml tanks with child locks and anti-leak systems that nobody really liked and it seems, judging by what's around now, that they weren't even really required. .... I can hardly remember the last time someone mentioned them, which is a shame I think as they are a good company. Hopefully they'll get back on track because I prefer this mod to almost anything that's come out in the last year from any other Chinese company.

Good review, I think the mod looks good in black, but I would settle for the Lamborghini in green. Is the car coming up in a give away ;-)?

It reminds me of a few years ago, the ex Mrs Myashey and myself were in a restaurant in Rome. She looked at me and said, "In the 10 years we have been together you've never looked at me with so much love in your eyes." I didn't have the heart to tell her there was a Lamborghini dealership over her shoulder and it was the motors I was looking at.

Good review, thanks. It is a pretty good looking mod.

Do all three modes go up to 100W?

Thanks for the review. Will look out for this one.

Good review, mate. I’ve actually never owned any kanger gear, I don’t think.

Back
Top Bottom