What's new

Review Joyetech Ultex Kit - Black

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Behold the Ultex

Joyetech have been chucking a few new dazzling ideas into the vaping world some things which are very different and seem to be the first in the category. Will it hold off, will they become the number once choice. Time can only tell and this time we delve into the new NC film heater…

resize_DSC_0002.JPG
resize_DSC_0003.JPG

Out the Box

This looks and feels like a great bit of kit, the kit comes in of 5 different colour options Black, Blue, Rainbow, Gold and Silver. The kit retails at $90 USD or £64.99 GBP. Top price is so expensive but is it worth it…

The Cubis Max tank which is provided with NC Film Heater along with a spare and 6 cotton pads all cut to size. Spare glass for the tank.

A Micro USB for charging. Always in the box is the user manuals along with a warranty card.

resize_DSC_0004.JPG

The Build

This really is a great bit of kit I received the Black edition. The device is very robust and seems to be built very well. I like the idea of a changeable battery this is a pro to the whole bit of kit and you would be never without this kit on a day-to-day basis.

The kit the Cubis Max tank a new bit of kit sure to be well and truly making a mark in the industry I’m sure of it. The NC Film is very different, and I like how it works I’m glad they have gone from the ceramic heating element to the new Kanthal NC as it seems to be safer in the long run. I would recommend making sure that you do not exceed the 40w it requires as it can start to taste very metallic, I thought I would try it just to see its overall boundaries. The tank is sliding fill action something which is on most new tanks these days and it seems to work well.

I've tried the Ultex with different tanks and it performs very well 25mm tanks are quite small on the mod but are great and the performance that the mod brings to RDAs is perfect. this is really a chosen bit of kit to any RDA in my choice for quickness and compact.

Th NC Film is very fragile but is very well maintained if you remember to give it a clean, I’ve done it once just to see how long it takes to clean. This may only take one clean I’m not sure but be sure they probably won’t be cheap to purchase new coils first time round.

The Ultex is designed as a regulated pen with the following protection features;

· Time out protection

· Over charge protection

· Discharge protection

· Short circuit protection

resize_DSC_0006.JPG
resize_DSC_0007.JPG
resize_DSC_0010.JPG
resize_DSC_0011.JPG
resize_DSC_0012.JPG
resize_DSC_0014.JPG
resize_DSC_0017.JPG

Pros

· Great looking device

· Great build

· Change batteries

· Great battery life

· Nice flavours

· No leakages due to top airflow

· Easy, quick wicking

Cons

· Very expensive

· Bulky

· Only 40w no huge clouds

resize_DSC_0018.JPG

Conclude

My first thought on this bit of kit was really, it looks so harsh there is now flawless finish, but I got used to it and became more and more attached. Using the NC film, I was dubious due to the fact that I wasn’t sure on the overall idea. But it does state that it is kanthal material which is used vastly I the vaping world these days. I did like it but there was no cloud production hardly which kind of puts me off the whole idea, whereas flavour is on point.

This kit is built to last, I’ve had an accident I the first week where it slipped out of my top pocket silly, I know but the damage was next to none hitting a very hard surface. It has a slight mark on the bottom but nothing to worry about at all.

The question is would I buy it? No, it’s too expensive now if it was £25 cheaper, then I would consider it as its performance is great and considering that you can change the battery type to whatever you want that makes me happy. Now don’t be put off if you have the spare cash go and get it but if you decide you don’t want it don’t expect to get anymore back it will depreciate in price, I’m sure of it. I can’t fault it as a mod one bit it works a treat.

resize_DSC_0019.JPG

Equipment/Products Used
Mod – Joyetech Ultex T80 – Black
Tank – Joyetech Cubis Max Tank - Black
E-liquid – Nasty Juice – Cush Man – Banana Mango - 70/30 3mg
Coil – NC Film Heater (max. 40w)
Batteries – Sony VTC5a – 2600mAh

Back
Top Bottom