What's new

Review Ijoy Avenger p270 Kit

Enoch

Achiever
This review will be my biggest yet! I will be reviewing the new Ijoy Avenger Tank AND the Avenger 270 Mod. This review as usual is completely unbias and from your average vaper, paid for out of my own pocket. So lets begin eh?

images

Let’s start with the Avenger tank. It is the new tank from Ijoy and seems to be the rival to many of the new sub ohm tanks on the market today. It comes with normal and mesh coils. With the coils adopting a similar build to the Horizon tech falcon tech with wood pulp with the cotton. Visually the tank as usual does not stand out from other thanks, looks wise it is actually similar to the falcon as well. Capacity is around 4.7 mils and comes with a screw top for top filling method. The air control is at the bottom and overall the tank visually looks nice. The colour matches the mod which is a bonus, compared to say the sky star and Revvo combination so the whole package is streamlined. But the question is, how does it Vape?

IJOY_Avenger_3.2ml_Sub_Ohm_Tank_8_.jpg

Vaping on the coils, the vapour is a little muted to me. The mesh coil does give a nice smooth Vape and initially the flavour is there as well as some of the market leading tanks. However compared to tanks such as the falcon or prince, it feels like the lack of oomph in the Vape is missing. I did find also with the coils that if you were to get a dry hit of sorts, it is difficult to then remove the taste from the tank making the coil unusable. This can be countered by not letting the tank get too low obviously but to prevent this it would need to be at least half full at all times. This is a massive con for me because other coils can perform solid when the liquid level is much lower. As the capacity is not the biggest, plus the thirsty cotton, makes it less practical for an all-day tank. However as part of the kit, it isn’t a bad little tank. It isn’t one I would necessarily use on a daily basis but it isn’t a ‘bad’ tank by any means. It just doesn’t bring anything new to the table compared to others already out.

Now onto the mod itself. The mod is a dual 2070/ 18650 mod with 234W maximum output. Visually it is lovely looking, with the solid paint (mine is purple) and a big clear screen. The mod feels solid and well built, although a little on the heavy side. Personally not a positive for me but I have got used to it and it does still fit in your hand, just a little bigger than other smaller mods. The fire button is on the left hand side, making the device a right handed one for natural holding. This is a negative for me being left handed, but you don’t really need to look at the screen anyway when Vaping and firing with my palm has been fine to do, just weird. The battery compartment is a bottom hinge door and the spring loaded connector sits in the middle of the mod, allowing for bigger tanks to sit on without overhang which is always a positive for people. The screen has a heartbeat graphic going across and a car, which its wheels are battery indicators, when they are gone it is time to change batteries. Power goes up in 5w increments and it comes with lights underneath the screen.

The menu system can be accessed with 3 clicks of the fire button and comes with the normal options for a mod these days. The pre heat setting is separate which is a huge bonus for me as I prefer it separate rather than tagged onto a menu power control which just hangs the menu itself ala Smok. There are options to change the light colours and all the other bells and whistles, and the mod has an option for firmware upgrades which is again good and potential for the mod to improve further. So underneath the hood as it were it delivers all the options you want from it, separate modes and adjustments. The strange for me, is the lock screen. Using the Voice control, the device will lock, but 5 clicks will shut the device off. Still the same non firing result, but I find it odd still that there isn’t a lock option manually. There is also a hidden feature which I have found accidentally. If you click both buttons together, you can register the coil current resistance, so nice feature although not advertised.

ijoy_avenger_270_kit_04.jpg

Now what about the voice control? The big selling point of this mod, the main attraction, the market changer etc etc. Honestly, the voice control isn’t great. The VC comes with normal opinions such as power high/power low/lock device /power off etc. It also comes with music lights, romantic lights, change colour which are frivolous at best and an auto watt which adjusts to the coil resistance. Overall the voice control does work, and it does save a little bit of time messing about if you want to up the power a bit without going into the menu or using the buttons. I think overall the feature doesn’t bring anything special to the device though, it doesn’t need to be there and you won’t be talking to it much anyway. A negative which I don’t think anyone has mentioned is background noise, unless you are in a room by yourself, the voice seems harder to pick up so that will always be a barrier. Whether it is public, outside noises or even your wife and 8 year old shouting hello ijoy constantly! Unfortunalty my 3 year Old’s request of hello Ijoy Rainbows did not produce anything magical either.

So, overall opinion of the kit itself. I think it depends on the price point in all honestly. The tank is good when bought with the mod but not an essential purchase to save a few pounds if not picked up. The mod is a really well made device, solid and sturdy with screen protection and the middle connection so away from the hype, it is a really good mod to buy. The voice control selling point to be honest is excessive, the mod would have been great without the voice activation and I feel the 20700 batteries are focused to power the extra workings to make the VC work. So Honest opinion time, I really like the mod, not just for the Avengers tie in which speaks to my geek side, but because it feels quality. It isn’t my favourite mod ever, but then not every mod will be. It is a very good quality mod, has the bonus of the voice control but with lights off and VC off it still performs great as a mod.

The future isn’t talking to your mod unfortunately, but if you want a decent mod at a decent price (£41 in places, ask me as I’m not promoting) it is well worth it and will be my every day mod in cycle with my Sky star even without my romantic lighting switched on.

Nice one, I'm glad you can turn off the daft voice control as I love the look of this mod (only voice control I would want to use on it is 'shut the f**k up).

Thanks for posting.

I imagine that the voice control would really struggle with accents. It is a pretty stupid feature.
Walking around talking to your mod will make you look like a real tool. It would be funny if they integrated an android chip and had the Google Assistant.
Imaging your vape giving directions.

I imagine that the voice control would really struggle with accents. It is a pretty stupid feature.
Walking around talking to your mod will make you look like a real tool. It would be funny if they integrated an android chip and had the Google Assistant.
Imaging your vape giving directions.

It really doesn't like Scottish accents. I can't get it to work with my normal voice but if I put on a thick Northern Irish accent it works fine.

The voice control and pretty lights aside it's actually a really good mod. I use mine everyday.

Another great user-review @sacred. I have the ijoy Pd270 mod and it's great, I use it in a daily rotation with maybe another four or five set ups. Essentially the same mod without all the whistles and bells. Lots of power, quick to react and if you go up to say.4 or. 5 ohms, the battery life is incredible. I much prefer the look of the Avenger you just reviewed but just don't like flashing lights and voice control, on anything.

Back
Top Bottom