What's new

hCigar VTInbox quick review

TC Vapours

Initiate
[This review is not endorsed or sponsored by anyone. I purchased the mod with my own money and am basing this review solely on my own experience]

Squonkers are definitely hitting the mainstream now. After the SteamCrave squonk mod, and then the Kanger Dripbox series, ill be honest, i passed on squonking as a concept. It wasnt until fairly later (november last year, to be exact) that i gave squonking another go. Enter the VTInbox, a DNA75 squonk mod by hCigar.

In the box, we've got the mod, the micro USB cable, and an extra hCigar squonk bottle.
The bottles ain't spectacular, when you compare them to the supersoft silicone stuff, but they do the job well. Ive only used one, pretty much solid since November, and there's no creasing or any indication that a bottle split is coming any time soon. One thing i really do like is the press fit lid that comes on the spare bottle, meaning you can take a spare, prefilled bottle out with you for a quick switch.

One major difference is the squonk tube. While its a wider gauge tube than you usually see in squonkers, its also integral to the mod. It can be removed, but only if you unscrew and remove the battery sled. I thought this would be a big issue for me, but to be honest, im managing to blow all the excess liquid back into the bottle via the 510 when i want to switch flavours out. Not sure how this will pan out over time though, and it will put many people off, so itll go down as a con.

Construction is pretty damn good. The box itself is very nice and sturdy, buttons have a fairly solid click to them, 510 is sturdy and nicely sprung, Paintwork is especially impressive. I havent babied this thing at all and the black paint is still immaculate, so +1 on that.
Some reviewers complained about loose panels. Now, the ones that came on the mod did have a little bit of play in them - nowhere near as bad as the reviews led me to expect, but they did still have play when i tried moving them about. However, the extra set of panels i ordered fit perfectly with no play at all.

The board is a DNA75. I think virtually everyone on here is more or less familiar with DNA boards, so i wont go into that, but its worth mentioning that temp controlled squonking is amazing. Forget to squeeze that bottle? No worries. With the right wire in your atty, you wont get a dry hit.

Ive been using mine with a few atties - the wasp nano, the pulse 22 and most regularly the Psyclone Entheon and all have performed well on TC with no issues.

All in all i can highly recommend the VTInbox to anyone who wants a regulated squonk that's a little more special than the Wraith and similar "budget" devices. Since ive had mine i havent used anything else for longer than ten minutes.

PROS: DNA Board
Quality construction
Compact size
Decent range of interchangeable panels (actually available too)
Higher grade squonk at an affordable price

CONS: Integral tube may annoy some
Stock panels arent a perfect fit

I have an inbox too, and can echo @TCVapours views.
The Mod is pretty sturdy and the chip seems very reliable. I got mine second hand and have used it pretty constantly since September. I'm a clumsy chuff at the best of times, so have not looked after this device at all and it still works well.
The non-replaceable/difficult to clean squonk tube is a bit of a negative, but a quick wipe with a Vaper towel, and run some water through, via the spare Squonk bottle, and it's good enough for me.
The Squonk door isn't held on terribly well, but it's manageable.
I'm not too worried about looks, as reliability as a Vape device is my primary concern with my Mods, but I've ordered some spare panels from China in the hope they may be a little better fit.
Overall I'd get another one for MTL as they are only a single 18650 battery, so better suited to low wattage, higher oHm Vaping in my opinion.

I have an inbox too, and can echo @TCVapours views.
The Mod is pretty sturdy and the chip seems very reliable. I got mine second hand and have used it pretty constantly since September. I'm a clumsy chuff at the best of times, so have not looked after this device at all and it still works well.
The non-replaceable/difficult to clean squonk tube is a bit of a negative, but a quick wipe with a Vaper towel, and run some water through, via the spare Squonk bottle, and it's good enough for me.
The Squonk door isn't held on terribly well, but it's manageable.
I'm not too worried about looks, as reliability as a Vape device is my primary concern with my Mods, but I've ordered some spare panels from China in the hope they may be a little better fit.
Overall I'd get another one for MTL as they are only a single 18650 battery, so better suited to low wattage, higher oHm Vaping in my opinion.

Been working very well with the entheon running a single .7 build. That restricted, just about DTL draw matches perfectly with that single battery.

I tried to do the Vaping Postman's bottle upgrade, gave up before i smashed the thing to bits ahahahah
i dont know how he got that bottle on, but it aint happening for me!

Ordered an Entheon clone from China just recently, can't wait to try it!
GP Dripper is a quality Squonker, MTL, as is VSC IAI. I also run a Wasp Nano, but that can't, in my opinion anyway, be described as MTL, but is still a decent Vape'
Yep I watched VP's video on changing the inbox squonk tube, but looked more likely to destroy it than modify it!.
My view on Mods is: find one I like, a while after they first come out so as to flag up any issues. Then buy one second hand, and batter it every day.
If it's still good, then buy a few as they become cheap, clearance, items and stock up.
I now own 5 Sigelli 100w+ Mods working on this theory.
I think the VTinbox is probably going to join the "Zombie apocalypse" list of Mods for me and I'll start stocking up soon

Back
Top Bottom