What's new

Review Hcigar VT40 from Vape Geek

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
It's a review of something I paid for and these are the thoughts I have so if you don't like it you can go suck goats in Hell. They represent my individual thoughts, not plagiarised from someone else and definitely unrelated to the ones I have about Kate from The Archers.

vt40_7.jpg

Mod: VT40
PCB: DNA40 from Evolv, large screen
Manufacturer: Hcigar
Vendor: @vapegeek
Price: £104.99
Discount: Yes, 5% with POTV5 (I think)
Product Link: Here

Let's be open and up front at the outset - I paid for this in full. Seriously in full, no discount no nothing. This leads to two key facts:
1. I am a clueless fuckwit who's opinions can be discounted before you begin reading any of this.
2. The awesomeness of Vape Geek is measured by how they PMd on here to say I'd forgotten my discount and that it would be credited to my Paypal.

So this is my disclosure to anybody newish to the forum, I've got a hard on for the service Vape Geek offer. I don't believe I've ever heard anything but nice things about them and if you're in the market for something like they sell then bloody buy it from them. We have enough dickwads in the vaping world lately, support the good ones. But that's your choice, I'm not going to force you. Unless you are Raguri.

But the VT40...

vt40_1.jpg

Some would say: "Dave, you ought to spend time with kit before coming to any conclusions."

To those people I reply: "Mind your own fucking business." Life is for experiencing not sitting back in case you make a mistake. Embrace the drama of living as it unfolds like tsunami on the shore.

It's a DNA40 for flip sake, we know about them already. The production errors of yesterday are but dim memories and this is (for my money) the best chip on the market. You can stick your tilt sticks as far as I'm concerned.

Hcigar have been wanting to go legit for a while and move away from clones - and this mod is a real statement of intent. If I think about the original regulateds I've owned (or own) in this price bracket then the build quality of the VT40 takes two pints of water, waits for a while then urinates all over them like a baby with no self control.

The Hana V3 sitting to my left isn't in the same ballpark. It's a hideous green lump that only Shrek could love. Shrek and, until yesterday, me. Ruined by the blue and stainless VT40. Ruined like a Raguri after a night with me at Vapefest.

vt40_2.jpg

I was staggered at the diminutive stature; smaller than the Hana, shorter than the Kbox. Kinda like Kylie but not quite as sexy.

The buttons feel like proper buttons. They aren't the little erect nipples found on some mods, nor are they the loose and vague nonsense found on cheaper mods. They are high class hookers demanding to have you pressing into them and expressing their love of every second of contact. You paid for the little button sluts, give them abuse - they can take it...is something you won't find in the impeccably well-written manual but ought to have been.

It's pathetic to find joy in pressing a switch but there you go, I live in a shallow world.

vt40_3.jpg

I'm not sure if there's a good reason for the design of the battery cap. Given the overall quality dripping from the rest of the device you'd hazard a guess that there is. I'm sure Hcigar didn't wake up hungover in a bed and scream "Fuck! We forgot about the battery cap!"

I'm sure they didn't. But it feels as though they did.

It does a job...and if this is the biggest disappointment then it's not that bad. I don't even know what I'd have prefered - because it comes with the coin to open and close it. The coin is like the one supplied with the original wooden K Box (the mod that copied the design of The Shield) only it's embossed with the mod's serial number and proudly shouts its Evolv-driven authenticity.

I'm being harsh. I'm being like my daughter who kicked off because when she was given an iPad she didn't get a case to go with it. The cap really isn't a big deal because it's hidden and it does the job...and so I've no idea what my problem is.

vt40_6.jpg

Threading on the 510 is absolutely perfect and the pin works as it should. Atty after atty today just screwed down in a way that is almost sexual compared to the Coolfire IV. It's these things that ram home Hcigar are serious at playing with the big boys. Serious about playing with them and (with designs like this) serious about kicking their arse, their Dads' arses and goosing their mothers.

I love the bevel for the display, something popularised by the omnipresent Zero mods. I love the weight and feel, the location of the USB port I'll never use but most of all I love the blue. Who knows how durable it is? With the vaping market dictated by fashion trends it's irrelevant because so many will have moved onto the next latest thing if it shows signs of flagging - but, again, it doesn't feel or look as though it will.

I don't need to spend a month with this mod to know it is a seriously outstanding bit of kit. I've gone through the best part of three hundred devices since I've been vaping and this ranks up as one of the very best I've owned. Seriously.

It's got more quality about it than the cheap mods and it doesn't cost the stupid money things like the Picolibri demand. Maybe it just appeals to me like anchovies on pizza, punk and having my nipples pinched in supermarkets? But if this thing is your kind of bag you'll not be disappointed, I just wish I had an SX Mini to compare it to because it's already sixty quid better.

vt40_4.jpg

Last edited:
This may well be the greatest review I've ever seen...EVER [emoji23]

Edit: Apart from the Asian bloke talking about Jurassic world!

Was considering one of these but put off by the fact you need hands to operate it. Those are real hands, right?

So what's the rub young David? Is the blue box any good.? Your review seems a big vague

Fuck me, that was quick! Five minutes ago I was a tight bastard without shinyitis. I'm cured.

Agree with everything you said. I have the blue one too.

All except the DNA being the best chip on the market.
The SX mini is still my go to device at home. But the vt40 gets to venture outdoors....its size and weight is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom