What's new

Review Hcigar VT inbox

Miss Pepper

Super Moderator
Staff member
This review is based on my own thoughts, opinions, not connected to the forum.

The mod was paid for by myself.

I ordered this as I wanted a 'posh squonker' however 'wants' 'needs' and 'budget' do not always work together.

The VT was spotted as a pre-order, I wanted a stabwood squonker and this was the closest I could get with my budget. Also knowing it was created by Hcigar and bearing the heartbeat name (previously purchased a heartbeat).

Counting down the days til 'pre-order' changed to 'shipped' and it was then with me in no time, only held up by the fact the postie came while I was at work :(

Anyhow, getting through the outer wrapping I was presented with a lovely Hcigar gift bag which contained the goodies (it is the small touches that I like), the packaged box has a sleeve which then allows the main packaged box to slide out; tiz a tease to get to the mod!

The packaged box has the usual padding to keep everything secure, the mod and maze bf rda have their own place and a box containing the charging lead, spare bottle, o rings, alan key and a different cap for the rda (plastic with built in drip tip). Also instructions and warranty card.

The actual VT is described as 'rainbow' (I have read that they are all random designs so in theory one offs) however there are a few different panels (wood, carbon fibre etc) that can be purchased if you fancy a change. I have slight movement on the panel where the squonk bottle and battery sit. When I say slight movement that is only if I get my thumb on it and move it up / down (only commenting as I know some of the panels are a bugger for rattle).

The actual VT is lightweight, compact and sits in my lady hands very well, the fire button wiggles a little but my thumb rests nicely on it ready to fire and toot. The up/down buttons sit in the case very well (no wiggle room) and all three buttons sit just above the case making it easy to fire / adjust in the dark.

Having used a few squonkers I have got to grips with what I like in a unit.

Filling the bottle is easy, it also is a good squeezy bottle with access to squeeze via a cut out in the panel when in use. Simply take the panel off, slide out the bottle (I keep the mod flat on the otherside when refilling the bottle to save wasting any juice from the squonk tube) fill the bottle, slide it back into place with the tube inside the bottle a quick push into place and the bung at the top keeps everything nice, tight, secure and leak proof. I also ordered spare bottles as I wasnt sure how these would hold up (ie split, not cope with long nails but it is doing well so far).

The battery sits next to the bottle and has the battery direction marked on the holder. Again this is a quick replacement job.

Both the bottle and battery sections have a little cut out to make removal of them easy.

There is a mini usb port just under the up/down buttons, slightly set funny but as I do not build mods I do not know the difficulties in lining everything up.

The base has the vents and also VT inbox stamped into it on a plate.

The mod is a DNA 75 TC chip and probably wasted on me. I cannot comment on the TC side of it as I have no interest in it ;) however the instructions provide some useful info if you are so inclined to read them (always read the instructions!)

Battery life could be better, saying that I am going through batteries and learning which ones suit this mod and give me 4+ hours of chain vaping or ones that just drain within 30 mins. New batteries are on order :D

I have been vaping it at 38w on a kanth built bf sapor, with a lovely bottle of lost fog streak running through it, smiling and feeling a tad smug.

I briefly tried the supplied maze bf rda, dual coil, two adjustable air holes each side and whilst it was in silver it looked top heavy on the mod, I didnt enjoy the vape (not much flavour / cloud) and do not like metal drip tips so consequently abandoned it on the vape table. However, typing this review and going through the spares I noticed the plastic topcap and have tried the maze again with the replacement top cap which comfortably sits a standard drip tip on it (need a new dt now!) much prefer this little squat cap and so chugging away on it, smiling like a good un!

I have waffled, jumped around, listed a few 'niggles' which I had to hunt for, but trying to give as much info as possible to allow you to make a decision as to buy one or not.

Price is about £120 in the uk or about £50 from china.

Would I buy another? Not at UK prices.

Do I like it? Yes, it is a lovely little quonker, convenient, bit fancy and due to the panels slightly custom / unique.

Would I recommend it? Yes, Hcigar have been quite ahead of the game with the market for a few years, the quality and progression of their mods has been outstanding (from the old nemesis mechs to them bringing out the heartbeat a few years back couldnt really fault them). It is good to see an offshore company progressing and bringing kit that we as vapers want and expect.

1483360529212-917937792.jpg

Spot on review Miss P. I agree that the Maze v2 is shit with the metal top cap, I'm trying to find the v1 with a squonk pin. Works well with the Hadalay, but I have a few others to try when this flu subsides. Out of the 3 sets of panels I have, the colourmix ones have a bit of wobble cos they aren't 100% flat, which surprisingly I can live with. Definitely not worth £100 imho,
But worth the £62 I paid, and no real hardship carrying a spare battery (with my keys and coins) :)

It was this or the COV Wraith, I went for the wraith in the end but a good review of a good mod.

It's amazeing little box only down side I've found is the battery life... And the squonk hole keep popping the door of but affter a bottle or 2 you get used to it and it's not a issue.

Good review @Miss Pepper. All DNA75's last the same with an 18650 by the way, which is why i do prefer the 26650 DNA75. The panels my criticism is Look at the magnets they are starngely positioned imo. some panels wobble some dont. the Resin panels are beautiful things, the downside for me is the stuff thats on the outer. Plastic or what ever it maybe, on 1 of my panels and also 1 of my panels on my Hotcig R150 the smoothness has got scuffy. This is either through eliquid, maybe nicotine or from a bit of warmth from the fan on my laptop. I love my VTInbox infact i just cancelled a fasttech order for a Elitar pipe and put the refund towards another inbox. May as well grab them while the 15% off code is working on fasttech as the cost is £55-56
My Favourite mod of 2016 was indeed the inbox

Back
Top Bottom