What's new

Review H cigar VT250 DNA

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi Apes todays review is for the VT250 DNA 250w box mod by H Cigar. This was sent to me for review by Elena @gearbest.com so first of all as usual i would like to thank Elena for sending it to me to review. As ever this review will be a Frank uninfluenced opinion of the device.

Whats in the box.

1x VT 250w device powered by the awesome DNA chipset by Evolv
1x usb cable for charging and or connecting to escribe software to update and tinker with settings etc in a smaller box.
1x Enelope containing a warranty card and an instruction manual.

Specs.

Model: VT250
Material: Zinc Alloy
Mod: Temperature Control Mod,VV/VW Mod
APV Mod Wattage Range: Over 200W
APV Mod Wattage: 250W
Temperature Control Range: 100 - 300 Deg.C / 200 - 600 Deg.F
Battery Quantity: 3pcs ( not included )
Battery Cover Type: Magnetic

Product weight: 0.2130 kg
Package weight: 0.3430 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 9.50 x 5.10 x 4.00 cm / 3.74 x 2.01 x 1.57 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 11.50 x 8.60 x 6.00 cm / 4.53 x 3.39 x 2.36 inches

About the device.

I won't talk about the DNA chipset as this is probably one thing that needs any introduction all i will say is for me the DNA chipsets are in a class of their own and in my opinion the best chipsets available in vaping devices even beating the YIHI chipset by a small margin.
The VT250 is a triple battery (18650 size) mod capable of up to 250 watts so it has a fair amount of weight to it which i don't mind but i know some people may not like. That said it is very comfortable to hold and use. The battery tray is nice with spring loaded Negative contacts and no annoying ribbon as the batteries are easily removed by pressing them down on the negative contact.
The 510 is quite large, around 30mm but has a bevelled edge which makes it a great fit for 24and 25mm atomisers however a 30mm will fit but some may not like the bevel creating a sort of gap a 22mm does look out of place though i do wish the 510 didn't have the bevel for those who like using bigger diameter atomizers. I am using the Geekvape Zeus RTA which fits perfectly allowing you to see the engraved writing on the bevel of the spring loaded 510.
The battery door is held in place by 4 large magnets and has no play or rattle at all the door also has a leather style patch that is flush with the rest of the door and does aid your grip. It also has the VT250 logo and what looks like the front of the mod upside down or maybe a transformer like logo with a stitched like pattern round the edge and there is 2 slits which make it simple to take the door off.
There are 2 lots of vent holes a pair of 7 holes on the bottom of the mod where you also have a serial number. and a pair of 5 large slits running down the mod either side of the fire button and screen.
The fire button is a nice size oblong button with 2 triangular shaped buttons for your up and down buttons.
Using thumb or index finger to fire the mod is great with either hand,
The whole mod seems very well built and solid indeed.
Gearbest have the VT 250 priced at £72.22 but no longer have the blue and siler in stock.

Pro's.

Dna 250 chipset
comfortable to hold
finger or thumb fire are both very comfortable
being a few months old the price is excellent for a DNA device.
easy to remove batteries
big strong magnets on the door but easy to take off and no rattle
plenty of vent holes
a solid device
looks

Cons

Weight
the bevelled 510 could have been better thought out and maybe a beauty ring made for 22mm atomizers
the leather style patch could have been better as it may or may not wear well over time

Conclusion

I liked the look of this device whch is why i chose to review it but i feel it is a marmite mod. You either love it or hate it and i won't be using it out and about due to it's weight but at home it will be in my rotation a lot. It does function very well as you expect from a DNA chipped device.
I will use this device often due to being a triple cell mod as battery life is great for me the most i have used upto now is 110 watts with a Freemax fireluke tank. Apart from the few cons i have had no issues with the device and have had no problems with it either. I feel it will last and pass the test of time due to how solid it seems.

20180226_013716[1].jpg 20180226_013314[1].jpg 20180226_013349[1].jpg

Thanks for reading my review of th Hcigar VT250 more to come soon

Nice review of the old philishave mate. Mine still get used when I go into hooligan mode. Totally agree about the chamfered 510, which does mar my experience slightly when using the 28mm Sherman (didn't realise I was ocd), and I usually put that on the Gboy. One other thing I'm not keen on is the way the mod curves in at the base. This reduces the footprint of the base, in comparison to the middle, and it hasn't taken much to knock mine over.

Still a good mod, and I got mine ages ago, at a billy bargain price.

Nice review. I nearly got this but settled for the VT250S, Rolo shaped, 2/3 batt config. Only cons are having to use Escribe to swap between 2 & 3 batteries & overhang with 26mm + tanks. Although I don't feel like I need to stroke it over my chin :)2

Nice review. I nearly got this but settled for the VT250S, Rolo shaped, 2/3 batt config. Only cons are having to use Escribe to swap between 2 & 3 batteries & overhang with 26mm + tanks. Although I don't feel like I need to stroke it over my chin :)2
I have one of those 250s as well but only use it with duel cells. it's a nice lightweight compact device with 2 cells

That's a detailed review. Thanks for sharing. You know I decided to switch to cigars for a while. I just forget that I had a small collection. Luckily that time I bought one of the best cigar humidifier. The flavour remains the same, it is still fresh. So when I am done here I will back to my e-cigarette.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom