What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Geekvape Nova

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Alright guys we are back again with a hardware review.

This device was sent out for the purpose of this review. So a big thanks to @gearbest.com for the chance to review this item. All opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So we have a VW box mod.

Geekvape Nova.

20180918_190605.jpg

This is the mod only so no tank to review. I have paired the Nova with the Geekvape Creed ETA.

So in the box you get the Nova mod.
USB cable.
And a multi-language manual.

So first let's take a look at some specs of the mod.

Dimension 88x52.3x25.15mm!
2x18650 (not included)
5-200 wattage range.
100-300°c temp range
0.05-3ohm firing range
6.4-8.4 voltage input.

The Nova is powered by the AS chipset. Which they also used in the ageis legend mod. The Nova I was supplied with is in black with flare resin. The flare resin is a rippled rubberized bit on the sides of the mod. I believe the original run on the nova had flat side panels which I think I would of preferred.

20180918_190421.jpg

I think the Nova has got some of the looks of an older box mod which I think looks great.

20180918_190428.jpg

Removable back panel to insert the batteries. The panel is held on with magnets and I have absolutely no rattle at all.

20180918_190442.jpg

On the face of the mod you have the fire button above the small screen. Then below the screen you have the + and - button and the micro usb port for firmware update.

You have the usual 5 clicks on and off.
3 clicks gets you into the basic menu.
Hold the + and - to lock the wattage.

So 3 clicks in the menu and you have the choice of vaping mods. Wattage, various TC modes, and a bypass. Also while in the selection menu if you press and hold the + and - button you can change the back round colour which makes it easier to read.

This mod has been my daily driver for the last 7 days and it hasn't missed a beat so far.

I have used it for mtl and dtl vaping ranging from 15 watts up to 130 watts. And it performs as I would expect it too.

So let's have a look at the pros and cons.

Pros

Slight old skool look.
Easy of use.
Available in several colours.
Performed faultlessly.

Cons.

It can only hold a 25mm atty without overhang. Most of my tanks are 27mm
(I will update this if anything changes)

So my final thoughts on the Nova.

I absolutely love it. Yes I would like it more without the rubberized side panels and also 2mm bigger so it could accommodate a larger atty. But all round it's a great mod and has relegated some of my other mods to the shelf.

Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself.

Currently has 6% off priced at £44.40.

https://m-uk.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_009928896104.html?wid=1433363

Alright guys we are back again with a hardware review.

This device was sent out for the purpose of this review. So a big thanks to @gearbest.com for the chance to review this item. All opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So we have a VW box mod.

Geekvape Nova.

View attachment 173260

This is the mod only so no tank to review. I have paired the Nova with the Geekvape Creed ETA.

So in the box you get the Nova mod.
USB cable.
And a multi-language manual.

So first let's take a look at some specs of the mod.

Dimension 88x52.3x25.15mm!
2x18650 (not included)
5-200 wattage range.
100-300°c temp range
0.05-3ohm firing range
6.4-8.4 voltage input.

The Nova is powered by the AS chipset. Which they also used in the ageis legend mod. The Nova I was supplied with is in black with flare resin. The flare resin is a rippled rubberized bit on the sides of the mod. I believe the original run on the nova had flat side panels which I think I would of preferred.

View attachment 173263

I think the Nova has got some of the looks of an older box mod which I think looks great.

View attachment 173262

Removable back panel to insert the batteries. The panel is held on with magnets and I have absolutely no rattle at all.

View attachment 173261

On the face of the mod you have the fire button above the small screen. Then below the screen you have the + and - button and the micro usb port for firmware update.

You have the usual 5 clicks on and off.
3 clicks gets you into the basic menu.
Hold the + and - to lock the wattage.

So 3 clicks in the menu and you have the choice of vaping mods. Wattage, various TC modes, and a bypass. Also while in the selection menu if you press and hold the + and - button you can change the back round colour which makes it easier to read.

This mod has been my daily driver for the last 7 days and it hasn't missed a beat so far.

I have used it for mtl and dtl vaping ranging from 15 watts up to 130 watts. And it performs as I would expect it too.

So let's have a look at the pros and cons.

Pros

Slight old skool look.
Easy of use.
Available in several colours.
Performed faultlessly.

Cons.

It can only hold a 25mm atty without overhang. Most of my tanks are 27mm
(I will update this if anything changes)

So my final thoughts on the Nova.

I absolutely love it. Yes I would like it more without the rubberized side panels and also 2mm bigger so it could accommodate a larger atty. But all round it's a great mod and has relegated some of my other mods to the shelf.

Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself.

Currently has 6% off priced at £44.40.

https://m-uk.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_009928896104.html?wid=1433363
Thats a great review there bud [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom