What's new

Review Geekvape Blade

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi everyone, Today's review is for the Geekvape Blade Mod Which was kindly sent to me by Maggie from @Healthcabin , so first i want to thank Maggie for kindly sending it to me for the review, The review is my honest uninfluenced opinion so without further ado lets begin with.

Whats in the box.

1pc Blade MOD
1pc 18650 Battery Adapter
1pc User Manual
1pc USB Cable

Stats.

Size: 93*52*38mm
weight 180g without batteries
Battery Type: 2*18650(with adapter)/20700/21700 Battery (Not included)
Power Range: 5-235W
Material: Aircraft-grade PPS
Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0ohm
Working Modes: Power/TC/TCR/VPC/BYPASS
Thread: 510 thread
0.015s fast firing speed
Friendly user interface
Centred 510 thread
Advanced aircraft grade material
Tri-button design for easy operation

About the device

So The Geekvape Blade arrived about 2 weeks ago and on removal from the box i was surprised with just how light this mod really was. I went for the Starry Night version which is a nice psychedelic look and the nice thing is each Starry night version will have its own look just like stab wood blocks.
I have used it with the 18650 battery adaptor only which fits really well into place. But you can use 20700 or 21700 batteries if you prefer.
It is a really good adaptor compared to many that come with other mods. Infact it is a battery sled type adaptor not 2 rubber sleeve type adaptors so that is a plus.My concern with the battery sled of the mod is the bottom connections are bendy metal parts which may perish over time but they are snug fitting for now, they may also tear your battery wraps.

I have used The mod with a Geekvape Zeus RTA in both tc and wattage modes and i find it to perform excellent . It fires almost instantly and does TC smoothly. The chipset is the same as the Aegis and the Gbox. But i will write about that in a while.
The device has a nice large screen which is great although it isn't the brightest out in sunnier climates. It also has a plastic film over it to protect it from scratches but mine has bubbled slightly.
The large fire button is easy to find and use and the up down buttons are below the screen all are nice clicky buttons.. The 25mm 510 is nice but it isn't quite centred it is slightly towards the front of the mod which means that some of the larger atomisers would have a groove underneath . 30mm atties are still useable but you have a bevel at the top of the mod which prevents the 30mm atty from sitting flat but it will be level with the front of the mod, for me it isn't an issue but for some it maybe. I guess this has to be this way due to the 21700 compatibility .
There is a micro usb which i would only use for updates if and when they become available. The usb cable is a much better usb cable than most that come with mods and has a usb and lightening cable all with a cover which can save the plug from damage.
The battery door fits really tight using four magnets one in each corner. and has a slit either side to help remove it. It doesn't suffer from rattling, moving etc which is another pro. There are 6 slits at the top for ventilation and the door can go on upside down but this would mean the colour scheme probably wouldn't match.
The Mod is also available as a kit and there are 4 colours as far as i know.
The Mod is fairly wide at the rear but still comfortable to hold.

The chip.

5 clicks of the fire button turns the mod on and off
3 clicks gets you into the menu system which is simple all you can change is the mode from wattage to a tc wire, manual tcr, bypass and tvp which is some sort of manual curve for wattage mode.
Hold the fire button and up or down will alter the screen brightness.
switching to tc mode you have temp adjustment in place of wattage but when you enter the temp mode the fire button will scroll down so you can adjust wattage or to reset your puff counter to zero those settings can be accessed again with 3 clicks of the fire button then a further click to scroll . 3 clicks then up down will again scroll through which wire,wattage, manual tvp and bypass.

Pros

an excellent functioning mod with great tc.
Fires instantly
easy to navigate menu
lightweight
great 18650 sled adaptor
3 types of battery capability
no rattling of buttons or battery door
excellent protected Usb cable with lightning cable underneath
I also like the large fore button

Cons

Bottom battery connectors may perish and tear batteries
The 510 could have been more centred allowing 30mm atomizers to sit flush with the front
Dropping the mod may break the case as it is so lightweight especially if the batteries where inside.

Conclusion.

The Geekvape blade is an excellent performing mod easy to use and light in weight to say i have been impressed with it would be no exaggeration. The ability to use 3 battery types is excellent and it is different to have a none alloy mod that has its own style in colour. This however does not apply to the plain black or purple versions just the Starry night and Poppy colour versions. It's a device i like and will use and enjoy doing so as it ticks all the boxes for me even though i would never use the full 235 watts available.
The addition of a Usb cable with a lightening cable is also great imo.
Would i buy this mod yes.

below is a link to the device on Healthcabin but you may find it cheaper elsewhere.

https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-blade-235w-box-mod-p/17399.html

20180323141717_9026_2.jpg

will add more pics tomorrow thanks for reading my review

Nice mod and nice review. I have the other two mods that share the chip and found the review helpful.

I recently bought this mod and I’m impressed but if you opt to use 20700 batteries beware they fit a bit loose and cause a rattle every now and again,I’d go for the 21700’s or the 18650’s in the sled but as for now that’s the only downside I’ve found

I recently bought this mod and I’m impressed but if you opt to use 20700 batteries beware they fit a bit loose and cause a rattle every now and again,I’d go for the 21700’s or the 18650’s in the sled but as for now that’s the only downside I’ve found
I found this out this weekend, after getting 2 20700's for it. A piece of paper folded up and wedged in will sort things but yes it shouldn't need self made adjustments

Back
Top Bottom