What's new

eVic Mini Review

alcilan

Postman
Well, it arrived yesterday in fact but I've been too busy playing with it since then to post. My new eVic and I'm in love!

View attachment 4551

View attachment 4552

Software is interesting, to say the least but I don't think I'll be checking each day to see how I'm vaping, life is too short for that. Only problem I've had is that the eVic wasn't being found by the software on plug in. The work around is to run the software as administrator (right click desktop icon instead of double clicking) and all is well. A bit of a faff but not a deal-breaker and hopefully, Joyetech will sort it in the next software upgrade.

The upgrades make it very nice to use. As you can see, all the info can be displayed onscreen and yes, true variable wattage now after the latest firmware upgrade. I've altered the set up since the pic was taken to variable watts and the smaller info on the screen now give me voltage and resistance.

In fact, I did a very short video to show this, complete with gratuitous plug of a certain facebook group in the background :grin2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, a few more photos and comments....

It comes with two manuals, one for the device and one for the My Vapor Record software (MVR). A forest died for this device! They're multilingual and so only about 28 pages to read in total and now the big announcement... you don't need them! A slip of paper with the website address (or even just printed on the box) is all that's really needed. There's an irony in a device that needs connecting to a PC being supplied with so much paper!

View attachment 4555View attachment 4556View attachment 4557 View attachment 4558

The battery is a Samsung 2600 mAh 18650 one. The battery tube and control head cover are an attractive textured finish that doesn't show finger marks or slip in the hand. They are also replaceable, should they become marked or damaged and to be honest, while not feeling cheap, this might not be a bad idea. Joyetech have already produced alternative chrome, white and black versions of the control head and battery tube (apparently available in the UK in 4-6 weeks' time) and I look forward to seeing how these look on the device. The battery tube end cap is 'scratchy' and quite difficult to tighten up. No smooth as silk threads here but at least it won't accidentally unscrew in a hurry. In any case, unless the user wants to charge the battery in their own charger, there's no need to remove it very often as you can charge the device with battery in place, like a mobile phone, using the USB connection to PC or 13A mains plug adaptor. Oh and yes, as just about every reviewer mentions, the USB port cover is very fiddly and those who bite their fingernails are going to need to make other arrangements, like a match or cocktail stick!

The control head is the expensive part and probably the most fragile. Whether it scratches easily, well, time will tell but it is a possible concern. Yes, you can replace it but at a cost not far behind that of a complete eVic kit. In fact, the same price until the end of this month, so take care of it!

Using the device day to day is simplicity itself and anyone who isn't at the same 'geek level' as myself needn't worry on that issue. Like most devices, press the button, it fires. Release the button, it stops. Okay, it also counts (and displays) how long you puffed for, if you're desperate to know and for the really lazy, you can now even set it up so that one press of the button fires the eVic for a user-determined period of time. It's quite fun and is overridden if you keep your finger pressed down on the button.

So, there you have it, my first impressions.

Thanks for the great opening review, keep us posted as I'm keen to know how you get on with it, also note Kir Fancis has a telescopic tube available for the evic which may just tempt me.

Great 1st Impressions alician :D
Siam Mod's also have some SS tubes in 3 styles and caps too - the end cap having Smiley face Vent holes LoL
Loving the eVic in 18350 mode and the SS makes it feel more substantial - slightly (2g) heavier than the SS Vamo but more balanced in the hand - Top Heavy Vamp versus Bottom Heavy eVic ;)

18350 SS Vamo vs eVIc
View attachment 4566

View attachment 4565

Great post @alcinan. That video may be short but it does explain a lot. Top job! :)

Digicig that bottom pic..lol

Thanks for the great opening review, keep us posted as I'm keen to know how you get on with it, also note Kir Fancis has a telescopic tube available for the evic which may just tempt me.

awesome, i was just dabbling with swapping one of my two evics for a vamo so i could use a smaller battery, may be worth me having a look for a telescopic tube instead

as for the evic in general im still loving mine, i may look at that itaste svd when it comes out but until then at least ill be sticking with the evic. i also had the issue with connecting where it just wont see it but even running as admin didnt help me, i had to reinstall the MVR software, but then 1.2 is still technically beta so we can forgive them a bug or two

also if anyone knows of anywhere that has any of them tubes in stock please let me know, everywhere i find theyre all sold out

Last edited:
View attachment 4568

The eVic with my Alba Vapours Big Boaby tank fitted.

Thanks for the responses, everyone :thumbup:

Still early days for me using this device but a few more things I thought I'd mention as they come to me. Watching Phil Busardo's video review, he mentions the button. It doesn't actually rattle when the PV is shaken but the navigation ring does, though not to the point where many would find it annoying. It has to be fairly loose by the very nature of how it works. As a result of the firmware updates, you no longer need to exit each menu to get back to the home screen. From anywhere in the sub menus, press and hold the fire button and it will return you to the home screen. Very useful and less fiddly.

Other nice touches are if you turn the ring to the right and hold it, it will scroll through and allow you to switch between, the various modes: variable voltage, variable wattage and the newly added MVR VV and MVR WW, which allow you to set up customised settings for different resistance attys.

Even nicer, in my view, is that if you turn the ring to the left and hold it, the screen display scrolls through the additional top left data, so, with mine set to variable wattage, I can see the watts set plus either voltage and resistance (as in my video), or puffs taken and remaining, or time and date.

yeah i thought the ring felt a little loose when i first got it, but i cant say ive exactly been careful with mine in any way and as yet it hasnt suffered any sort of damage at all not even any scratches so i cant complain.

also in case you dont know, a double click in either direction on the wheel makes it auto step up through the voltage/wattage so if youre at say 5.2w and you want to get it up to 8w you can just double click and let it go up on its own then a single click to stop it (i say click but its a twist really)

Back
Top Bottom