What's new

Review Eleaf iStick TC 200W Review

SJvape

Postman
*All my reviews are done on products I have purchased, none are donated or given free for review. All products are owned and used for a minimum of 2 weeks before a review is written*

Today we are going over the Eleaf iStick TC 200w triple 18650 box mod.

In the box you will receive:
The mod
A micro charging and update cable
Battery safety card
Battery warning card
User manual

iG5188R.jpg

I also received 3x Avatar 2000mah 20A CDR 18650s with the mod, Eleaf’s website states that a minimum of 25A continuous discharge batteries should be used, which confuses me.

r3VFdXr.jpg

The mods dimensions are 57mm wide, 37mm thick and 84mm tall, loaded with batteries, it weighs 282g.
TC control supports Ti, Ni, and SS (Temp range 100-315c, 200-600F)
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5 ohm in TC mode, 0.1-3.5 ohm in VW mode.
Output wattage: 1-200W
Various Protections including dual circuit protection, reverse polarity protection, over charging and discharging protection and overcurrent protection.
Voltage from 3.3-9v

My very first impressions with this mod was ‘wow, that's a chunky fella’.
Upon holding the device, I found that it is surprisingly comfortable to hold, given its almost diamond-ish shape, although it's not the most pocket friendly mod in the world.
The metal housing feels nice and cold to my hands which tells me build quality shouldn't be an issue here. On top we have a spring mounted gold plated 510 that's slightly off centre, I would've preferred to have seen a centre mounted 510, that being said, it can hold 25mm tanks with no overhang and a couple of mm’s to spare. There is also a juice channel around the 510 which will stop juice seeping into the connection. The 510 plate has air channels too for bottom air fed tanks, combined with the juice channel I thought that liquid might be able seep in, but the 510 is raised slightly to compensate for this. However, tanks do not fit flush with the mod due to this, a 2mm gap can be seen between the mod and the tank.

Wip2fJr.jpg

Around the mod, on the back we have the Eleaf logo and iStick TC 200w printed on the back of the mod, otherwise not much to see here.

iGQgr5c.jpg

On the underside we have the battery door with venting holes for the batteries, with a very fiddly opening mechanism. It did take me a few tries to open her up but I got there eventually. Inside the battery compartment we have very visible orientation signs on the inside, on the lid and on the connections inside the mod. The battery door has not got a spring fitted, which could be a problem for some of you, but I haven't had any issue. The door is connected very firmly, so I can't see it flying off any time soon.

pGl1q6H.jpg

UCDQRfR.jpg

KO9uPUp.jpg

bFsWklY.jpg

On the front we have what appears to be metal buttons, 4 in total. A large power button, with + and - and a 'mod' button which is the menu button. The buttons have some play in them but they don't rattle. There is also a charging and firmware update port which is capable of 1A. *please use an external charger, it's quicker and safer*

rR3U1sO.jpg

Now we hit the problem area, the display. The display is small for a mod this size, but clear enough for you to see what's going on. The main problem is with the button combinations to enter the menu, which take some getting used to.
I will quickly run through them:

5 clicks on the power button turn the mod on, and likewise off.

Stealth mod is activated by pressing and holding the minus button and the power button for 3 seconds.

To change the settings i.e TC control, VW, memory settings and power mode, press and hold the mod button until the screen changes to your desired setting.

You can change what displays on the VW screen by holding the plus button and power for 3 seconds and use the + and - to choose your display, once you're happy hit the power button to confirm.

In the TC mode, you can change the wattage by holding mod and pressing either + or - to change the wattage, you can also lock the ohms by holding power and + for three seconds, same story with unlocking the ohms.

You can change whether the logo appears on standby by tapping the power button twice (why you'd want this, I don't know).

You can lock the buttons by pressing and holding the + and - buttons at the same time, same with unlocking.

With the power off:
Pressing and holding the - and power button will show you the voltage of each battery.

Pressing and holding the + and power will enter the Memory functions and preheat function (with software 1.03)

Pressing the power button 20 times will give you the software version.

Press and hold the + and - button will flip the screen.

Now on normal VW mode, the scroll is VERY fast, super sonic almost, from 1 to 200w takes only 5 seconds and it does not round robin. Which can be annoying, and changing the wattage in TC mode is very fiddly, especially if you have chunky fingers like me. In sunlight, the display virtually cannot be seen which makes adjusting the wattage very arduous so make sure you have found your sweet spot before you venture out with this mod.

oH5Hz2D.jpg

I like this mod, it's powerful (I doubt it hits the full 200w, but it's close!), it's been my DD for over 2 months now and I haven't found the mod to be too bad. A few issues here and there but nothing that makes me think this mod is unusable.

Overall it's a value mod that packs a punch, it's comfortable and good looking.
Does the job and does it well.

Last edited:
I have one but the battery door does not close properly meaning I have to squeeze it to get it to fire. I have tried duck tape but alas it doesn't last long. Any ideas?

I also have one of these,a bit on the heavy side but yes a quality mod.Got a crown 3 tank(blue)sitting flush on top.Its in my favourite football kit colours white and blue(im a spurs fan).Only had it two days what is battery life like?Looking to get uwell latest tank called valerian.Mr tea time has one and raves about it also seen some youtube reviews and some saying best tank sub ohm tank of the year.Great review of the mod.Ive came from smok(jack of all trades but master of none)to eleaf( a respected gentleman of a company).Got mine in there autumn sale £35 including batteries.:)

I have one but the battery door does not close properly meaning I have to squeeze it to get it to fire. I have tried duck tape but alas it doesn't last long. Any ideas?
The battery door can be tricky, especially with the avatar batteries that come with it.

Pop them in, if it dont load up right away or after 5 clicks, slap the door.

Never had issues with this method [emoji23]

I also have one of these,a bit on the heavy side but yes a quality mod.Got a crown 3 tank(blue)sitting flush on top.Its in my favourite football kit colours white and blue(im a spurs fan).Only had it two days what is battery life like?Looking to get uwell latest tank called valerian.Mr tea time has one and raves about it also seen some youtube reviews and some saying best tank sub ohm tank of the year.Great review of the mod.Ive came from smok(jack of all trades but master of none)to eleaf( a respected gentleman of a company).Got mine in there autumn sale £35 including batteries.:)
Depends on what build your rocking, im currently rocking a dual flat clapton 8 wrap 2.5mm 0.17ohm @ 80w.

Battery last around 24hrs vapetime

Back
Top Bottom