What's new

Review Double Barrel V2.1 by Squid Industries

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Alright guys. I'm back again and this time we have a hardware review.

I bought this device with my own money from a great ape on here. All opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So today we are going to take a look at the double barrel mod by Squid industries. This is one mod that has been on my wish list when I first layed my eyes on it. There was something that just appealed to me. And upon using it, it has grown on me more and more. One of the main things I like about it is just the simplicity. There is no fancy settings or huge screen. Just one multifunctional button/dial. I know the smok mag got slated for being the shape this is. I know this is the shape of a double barrel but it's been don't tastefully and elegantly in my opinion.

So as I said there is a multifunctional button/dial.

3 clicks changes the screen rotation.
4 clicks locks the wattage.
5 clicks is on/off
And you turn the button clockwise or anticlockwise to adjust the wattage.

It's got a small screen on the top of the mod which displays wattage, ohms,voltage and battery level. What more do you need to know. Yes you can get fancy touch screen mods but to me thats just a waste of battery power.

The battery management in this mod is quite good for a dual 18650 mod. I've been vaping mid range around 60w and can get most of the day out of it. It's wattage range is 5w-150w that is more than enough for me.

I have copied the story on how Squid Industries came about and the mod specs below

• DESCRIPTION
About Squid Industries:

Squid Industries was formed by a United States Navy Veteran who served in theater of combat during Operation Iraqi Freedom. After overcoming personal struggles with homelessness and substance abuse, he found the best way to live healthy was to give back by helping other struggling Veterans. He attained his BA in psychology, worked as a counselor to Vets for 5 years, and founded a nonprofit that was successful in changing a number of veterans’ lives. During his work with vets, he fell in love with another community…the Vape community. He taught himself to hand craft beautiful box mods, around which he built a community that believes in living healthy, supporting our returning veterans, and treating each other with kindness and respect. With the support of like-minded people, he invested in businesses that have a positive impact on veterans and vapers alike.

Product Features:

• 5 to 150W Power Output
    • 0.1 to 3.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
    • Voltage Output
    • Dial For Wattage Adjustment
      • Clockwise To Increase
      • Counterclockwise to Decrease
    • Lock In Wattage Capability
  • 0.47 Inch OLED Screen
    • Wattage Display
    • Atomizer Resistance
    • Battery Life Indicator
    • Reversible Screen Display
  • Slide Away Battery Door
  • One Button Control Face
    • Firing Button
    • Dial For Wattage Adjustment
  • Atomizer Spacer
  • Spring Loaded 510 Connection
  • Reverse Polarity Protection/Short Circuit Protection.
So let's look at some pros and cons.

Pros.
For me it's just a simple well build mod. No leds or pointless puff counters.
Dare I say it's even quite stylish.
And his ethos towards veterans earns a massive amount of respect from me.

Cons.
The only one I have found is the battery door is a bit tricky to put on if there is no batteries in it. But there is always batteries in mine so it's no biggy.

So to conclude. If you want a simple easy to use mod. That seems to be built like a tank. Then this maybe the mod for you.

These are available from both UK and Chinese vendors.

15326933271821831406467.jpg

Please note that mine has a zap wrap on it so that isn't the actual finish of the mod. And it has been paired with the engine v2.

Cheers mate.
I'm trying to resist, but it just looks as if it will sit perfectly in my hand.
Ergonomixs or whatever they call it. :D

Hi @Sam's Saucy Juice Reviews I also bought mine on here and like you i also love the simplicity and style of it. Great review , nothing else you can say really "does exactly what it says on the tin"

There may be a name change soon. When I can actually think of a decent one. Thanks bud. There should be more hardware reviews coming in the future. Just need to pull my finger out and get on with them. Hope your well Mark

There may be a name change soon. When I can actually think of a decent one. Thanks bud. There should be more hardware reviews coming in the future. Just need to pull my finger out and get on with them. Hope your well Mark
Hey im feckin great [emoji16]
Yep i got a few reviews myself to do.

Another post reminded me that I meant to add my 2p to this..

There is a lot of space between the main shell and the top plate for juice to get into the works. If that happens then the controller board can fry. Mine lasted two months of daily use.

Return policy requires original packaging so keep it because I didn't.

Back
Top Bottom