What's new

Review DNA30 (clone by Cloupor)

If you take a look at this page Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators put 0.9 into the resistance and then select regulated and VW, put it at 10w. You'll see that you're only drawing 3v. This is a bit too low.

Low resistance coils are meant for higher power, it's just the way it works.

If you want to use lower power settings, make your coil a higher resistance. You should find that things will work better that way.

Hi Jet, BAVapes

thanks for that - I do get that, but the question is will running the Cana DNA30 at too low volts be damaging in anyway? Either to the mod chip or the battery?

cheers

manic_asif you'll need someone better versed in electronics to answer that question! but I personally don't think it's the best idea, since the battery you're using is probably rated to go down to 3.7 at the lowest.

Hi Jet, @BAVapes

thanks for that - I do get that, but the question is will running the Cana DNA30 at too low volts be damaging in anyway? Either to the mod chip or the battery?

cheers

I'm not the man you need but it won't be running regulated so sounds pointless to me, the regulated vape is the best thing about these type of mods. I can't see it damaging anything, but yeah better off building higher ohm to give more wiggle room for low watts.

Thanks Guys

Yeah, I get what you're saying and will rebuild when I get a minute - perhaps best for to leave the sub-ohming until I better understand it :-)

I have just rewicked and use a different juice that will take the higher wattage - so now vaping at around 20W (4.1 V)

The issue was, I think two fold

a) My wicking was crap, so at higher wattage I was getting a burnt taste, as the wick just couldn't cope with passing the juice, and

b) I think the juice I am juicing is best on a higher resistance atty

ho hum - learne something every day here

Thanks guys

Just don't forget that DNA 30s have no reverse protection :) other than that the cans is/ the dogs danglies .

Sent from my mind using Planet of the Vapes app .

Back
Top Bottom