What's new

Review DNA30 (clone by Cloupor)

My additional review

Hi Folks,

rather than start a new review thread, I thought I just add to wuz_uk excellent review

I pretty muchy concur with everything that wuz_uk has said in his review - this really is top notch and the build quality is excellent!

I opted for a blue frosted version from BAVapes and finish is first class with not a single blemish. I have already knocked it few times and even dropped it on occasion. My atomizer broke, but not a scratch on the mod itself.

Inside it is equally well put together and all just seems to fit together well

I am currently using it with a Fogger v4, setup with twin coils at 0.8ohms and cotton wick and powered by a flat top efest purple 2500mAh battery - this has been my daily setup for a good few days now

In terms of functions and features - all seem to work as per the original, stealth mode, etc - so no dramas there!

a couple of things I have noticed

a) The 5 -click on/off is a little erratic - on occasions it will unlock with what seems to be fewer clicks - but I think what is happening is that it 'remembers' - so, if you do 3 clicks and a good few seconds later do 2 more - it will unlock/lock. So, it doesn't seem to conform to the usual 5-clicks in x seconds - this is not a huge issue, just tad irritating at times

b) my ohm readings seem to flash when firing at lowish watts - I don't know what that means, as it still fires and work. If I increase the wattage so that the firing volts exceed 4v, then it wont flash. I recall reading or ona yourtube vid, that it is intended to fire above 4v - but I really don't what that means and whether I am damaging the unit or battery

I hope someone can enlighten me! - as with some juices, I get a better flavor at 0.8ohms firing at 9ohms (if I go higher, I get a burnt taste or too a harsh thought hit

that said, I am really happy with this purchase and will be trying a few more atties

Hi Folks,

rather than start a new review thread, I thought I just add to @wuz_uk excellent review

I pretty muchy concur with everything that @wuz_uk has said in his review - this really is top notch and the build quality is excellent!

I opted for a blue frosted version from @BAVapes and finish is first class with not a single blemish. I have already knocked it few times and even dropped it on occasion. My atomizer broke, but not a scratch on the mod itself.

Inside it is equally well put together and all just seems to fit together well

I am currently using it with a Fogger v4, setup with twin coils at 0.8ohms and cotton wick and powered by a flat top efest purple 2500mAh battery - this has been my daily setup for a good few days now

In terms of functions and features - all seem to work as per the original, stealth mode, etc - so no dramas there!

a couple of things I have noticed

a) The 5 -click on/off is a little erratic - on occasions it will unlock with what seems to be fewer clicks - but I think what is happening is that it 'remembers' - so, if you do 3 clicks and a good few seconds later do 2 more - it will unlock/lock. So, it doesn't seem to conform to the usual 5-clicks in x seconds - this is not a huge issue, just tad irritating at times

b) my ohm readings seem to flash when firing at lowish watts - I don't know what that means, as it still fires and work. If I increase the wattage so that the firing volts exceed 4v, then it wont flash. I recall reading or ona yourtube vid, that it is intended to fire above 4v - but I really don't what that means and whether I am damaging the unit or battery

I hope someone can enlighten me! - as with some juices, I get a better flavor at 0.8ohms firing at 9ohms (if I go higher, I get a burnt taste or too a harsh thought hit

that said, I am really happy with this purchase and will be trying a few more atties

Hi Asif ;)

I'll post my finding also plus I will try to correspond with yours.

a) I have noticed the same behaviour as you, but this is due to what you say. You take a vape, click 4x a few seconds after it will lock, so when you took a vape it counts that as 1 of the clicks needed to lock the device.

b) The flashing below 4v is due to anything below is unregulated. 4v upwards is regulated. The Evolv DNA I believe is regulated down to 3.7v. Whereas the Cana is 4v upwards. It don't bother me though, as I always vape at around 4.1v and depending on build thats anywhere between 11w and 23w.

Addition Findings by myself:

I have 2 of these Mods and they are great, I have noticed a few quirks though, they are evident on both devices so not a 1 off.

c) The screen will illuminate all by itself for no reason, without me even touching the device. This happens randomly with no set pattern.

d) Every once in a while I will go to vape and the wattage will drop 0.1w without my touching the + or - buttons. This can happen when the wattage is locked or unlocked. It happens maybe once or twice and then stops happening for a while.

Overall I am very happy with both my Cana Modz. The battery life is great and the vaping experience is consistent right up until the battery is about 3/4 drained and then some voltage drop can be noticed. But to be honest I put them on charge when there at about 1/2 so its not an issue.
For the money a great little device :D

I just want to add that I do remove my batteries occasionally and charge them in my Nitecore charger, not sure why, but I'm not sure what the built in charge functionality will do to the health of my batteries over extended charge cycles. Probably just me, but hey :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the reviews manic_asif and Lockett85! I haven't noticed my watts dropping down to 0.1w before, how is this possible? I thought the lowest this device will go is 7w. I have however noticed the screen coming on by itself now and again, kind of annoying and I have no idea why it does this, this also happened with the v1 and v2 of the device, but it's def not a deal breaker for me, minor annoyance if anything.

Thanks so much for the reviews @manic_asif and @Lockett85! I haven't noticed my watts dropping down to 0.1w before, how is this possible? I thought the lowest this device will go is 7w. I have however noticed the screen coming on by itself now and again, kind of annoying and I have no idea why it does this, this also happened with the v1 and v2 of the device, but it's def not a deal breaker for me, minor annoyance if anything.

I've never been down as low as 7w lol. I don't know if it will drop 0.1w below 7w. For example my Origen I am vaping at 23w at the moment. Occasionally it will drop to 22.9w. Not sure how this happens but 1 click of the + button is no real issue, well neither is loosing 0.1w for a split second until you notice ;)

I've never been down as low as 7w lol. I don't know if it will drop 0.1w below 7w. For example my Origen I am vaping at 23w at the moment. Occasionally it will drop to 22.9w. Not sure how this happens but 1 click of the + button is no real issue, well neither is loosing 0.1w for a split second until you notice ;)
OHHHHHHHHH!!!! now I see what you're saying. I thought you meant that the wattage output on the screen displayed 0.1w, I was thinking to myself how is that possible? but you meant it going down from 23w to 22.9w. Had a bit of a blonde moment there! but in response to that.. I haven't noticed my wattage moving at all without me accidentally pressing up or down.

OHHHHHHHHH!!!! now I see what you're saying. I thought you meant that the wattage output on the screen displayed 0.1w, I was thinking to myself how is that possible? but you meant it going down from 23w to 22.9w. Had a bit of a blonde moment there! but in response to that.. I haven't noticed my wattage moving at all without me accidentally pressing up or down.

Haha. :P

Yeah it happens on both of mine and the OHs also. But like I say, it does it a few times, I think usually after you've adjusted the wattage and then it won't do it again for ages. Not sure what causes it but its no real issue :)

Hey Darren,

Yes, I forgot about the occasional time the screen lights up itself - I always, I must have touched it or knocked it in someway. Doesn't appear to be an issue though.

I don't get the 0.1w drop (well not that I have noticed) - will keep an eye for that

So, what's worrying me now is your comment re: unregulated below 4.1w!! - right now, even with 0.9Ohms, I having to vape a less than 10w - so, around 2.7w or so - otherwise I get a burnt taste. Probably down to my poor cotton wicking, as I have noticed that I coild in particular just bursn the cotton wick in half! I think, its probably down to a bad loop in the coil that cuts in to the wick

..but, anyway - is the unregulated mode an issue for safety or battery condition - guess this also directed at Jet BAVapes

if, so will just rebuild

BTW Darren, for the fogger full of that lovely Red Lady you kindly sent me and yesterday it was the Dodgy Strawberry - this are both just lovely! haven't got around to tasting the others yet! - thanks once again - these will definitely be on my list of juices to buy!

Asif

Hey Darren,

Yes, I forgot about the occasional time the screen lights up itself - I always, I must have touched it or knocked it in someway. Doesn't appear to be an issue though.

I don't get the 0.1w drop (well not that I have noticed) - will keep an eye for that

So, what's worrying me now is your comment re: unregulated below 4.1w!! - right now, even with 0.9Ohms, I having to vape a less than 10w - so, around 2.7w or so - otherwise I get a burnt taste. Probably down to my poor cotton wicking, as I have noticed that I coild in particular just bursn the cotton wick in half! I think, its probably down to a bad loop in the coil that cuts in to the wick

..but, anyway - is the unregulated mode an issue for safety or battery condition - guess this also directed at Jet @BAVapes

if, so will just rebuild

BTW Darren, for the fogger full of that lovely Red Lady you kindly sent me and yesterday it was the Dodgy Strawberry - this are both just lovely! haven't got around to tasting the others yet! - thanks once again - these will definitely be on my list of juices to buy!

Asif
If you take a look at this page Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators put 0.9 into the resistance and then select regulated and VW, put it at 10w. You'll see that you're only drawing 3v. This is a bit too low.

Low resistance coils are meant for higher power, it's just the way it works.

If you want to use lower power settings, make your coil a higher resistance. You should find that things will work better that way.

Back
Top Bottom