What's new

Review Desire Design X-Mini Mod

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
eXtra Ordinary

Desire seems to be nailing the designs, go to mods and most of all innovations. We hear AI becoming a game changer but who needs that? We want performance, quality and most of all be built to last. Gimmicks last a week before we get bored, not in this case we look at the X-Mini Mod, where no stops were made.

resize_DSC_1201.JPG
resize_DSC_1202.JPG

Out the Box

What a very different design we have here, the very futuristic Desire Design X-Mini 108w Mod. A mod which is going to pull out all the stops.

The mod comes in of 5 different colour options all have their own unique button contrast, the colours are as follows Red, Blue, White, Silver, and Black. The mod retails at $45 USD and £45 GBP. Obviously, it's cheaper to buy via outsourcing than in the UK at present.

The battery requirements are a single 21700, which come as standard if purchasing in China or through wholesale distribution Also it will accept high drain 40a 18650, with the supplied adaptor. Its rubber, my least favourite but it is growing on me and I’m sure its cheaper than buying 21700s if you don’t own any. Again, I have been using the 18650s purely because that is what I have more of and they have been lasting about 3-4 hours give and take the actual ohm I’m running at.

The mod can reach up to 5-108w which works on VW, V, TC and PMG. The built-in chip is awesome, and desire has got this right. Its quick and responses in no time, to the fire of the button.

The kit includes a USB charger which is standard throughout the vaping world. Also included is the tank protectors, this is a perfect little addition to the box as it stops any markings when changing the tank. Bonus!

Always at the bottom of the box is the user manuals along with a warranty card.

resize_DSC_1203.JPG

The Build

I love this mod and I think it’s of a great build, there isn’t much that puts me off about it, only the weight. The device is made from high-quality alloy similar to the Rage and Cut, with some exceptionally good finish to it. The magnetic panels are very strong, and I mean strong they will take your fingers off. I’ve noticed that over the different mods Desire is designing they literally don’t have any faults in the way they are finished the paint finish is really one of the best out there and this is with pleasure in saying. The mod is measuring in at 101x53x30mm, weighing in at 246g. So, it is a decent size to be fair. I’m not going to lie to say the size is big it feels nice in the hand and comfortable.

resize_DSC_1211.JPG

The tanks which can fit are the 25mm max it does say it can take 26mm, but I would think it will be a very tight squeeze and may be a hassle if the airflow is blocked from the recess. The 510 connector which is stainless steel surrounding along with a gold-plated hollow pin, so the BF can easily pass through.

resize_DSC_1204.JPG
resize_DSC_1205.JPG

The screen is a compact but easy to read and very bright this again is something they have got right. I don’t need a too big screen as long as it has all the details it needs then I’m happy. I have used this mod in power mode and ill say as I always do I get people asking me to skip the TC mode they don’t use it anymore as the most important thing is they like the V to be on point and it is. However, I sneakily tried it and it works nice and it seems to be reading well you get full wattage power on the M-Tank and that’s good to see. I did run it at 50w on the M-Tank just because the coils are newish and have had a bit of a battering with the Mad Kit. I’m going to try and get onto using the Mesh coil it was provided with as this is what everyone is bringing out at the moment and I’m sure it will be decent. It fires on the button with literally zero lag in between pressing the button and the atomiser firing.

resize_DSC_1206.JPG
resize_DSC_1208.JPG

The battery life is really good for a single battery mod it lasts anything between 4-5hours, which is good if you are not wanting to take a spare out. The performance was still great right down to the last low volts. I don’t expect any more battery life out of this little beauty.

The buttons are always solid on the Desire hardware which is a bonus, there’s not rattle at present and I feel confident saying I don’t think there will be. The fire button may be hard to reach or can become hard to get used to for some people but again everyone has the own preferences when choosing mods.

resize_DSC_1207.JPG
resize_DSC_1209.JPG

Pros

· High Quality

· Great Finish

· Unique design per product

· Easy to use

· Nice bright screen

Cons

· Very Heavy

· Too big for a single battery mod

resize_DSC_1212.JPG

Conclude

When I look for a new mod I always look for design its crucial for when I purchase a new product. The performance is in the name I know where to buy and what to buy. Desire is one of my favourite manufacturers of vapes I would choose these over many.

So, we get down to would I buy thus mod? I would but it wouldn’t be my go choice due to its big build and being a single battery product. This usually scares me away. This mod is brilliant and anyone wanting the cool factor then this sure has it. It does everything you need for dripping or subohming, without any issues. I like it, the build and quality are outstanding again feels and looks built to last.

The mod is nice, and I love how it’s a fashion accessory to some users. I would recommend the mod to anyone who is after a single cell and want to have a flashy but durable mod, go get it!

resize_DSC_1311.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Desire Design X-Mini Mod - Red
Tank – Desire Design M-Tank - Black
E-liquid – Vaporworks - Coil Oil - Recipe No.01 - 64/36 - 3mg Nic
Coils – M Coil - Single Core - 0.15ohm
Batteries – Sony VTC5A 18650 2600mAh

Yeah, it kinda looks cool in that last picture with the tank on it. For some reason I could see Superman using that if he Vaped. But the position of that fire button, hmm!? I'd definitely want to physically hold one to see if it bugged me or not before I purchased one. If I was going to. It looks like it would annoy me.

Yeah, it kinda looks cool in that last picture with the tank on it. For some reason I could see Superman using that if he Vaped. But the position of that fire button, hmm!? I'd definitely want to physically hold one to see if it bugged me or not before I purchased one. If I was going to. It looks like it would annoy me.

Haha yeah, I agree futuristic and looks like it will take the grip of Superman.

In terms of the button, it isn't actually too bad it depends how you hold it really. It really isn't awkward but its how it feels to the person. It is a small button but it doesn't stop the firing at all. It really does need to be held to appreciate the overall wow factor to it. I was very dubious with the fire button so I get your first look impressions

Back
Top Bottom