What's new

Review Desire Design Rage Squonk Mod

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Rage of Desire

On receiving this product, I was like wow... Desire Design x OhmBoyOC have smashed this little squonker. I'm in love. The design is flawless and shows no imperfections whatsoever. The way it is built is of quality and it feels built to last. We are going to be looking at how good this highly anticipated beauty is...

resize_DSC_1011.JPG
resize_DSC_1012.JPG

Out the Box

So we have the wonderful Rage BF Squonk Mod, and wow what a piece of kit it is. the looks are very sleek and the way it sits in the hand is perfect. The size is 82x25x51mm which is not too big, but the bulkiness can be a slight off put for any user.

The Mod comes in of 5 different colour options Black, Red, Purple, Bronze and White. Which gives the buyer chance to show off with RDA BF tanks. The kit retails at $99 USD and £79-89 GBP. Which may seem like a big price but is it worth it?

The battery requirements are 2x 18650s which for me is perfect, however, a lot of people are wanting more from the battery life and advised on 20700 or 21700. I think they have got it with the 18650s personally.

resize_DSC_1014.JPG

The mod can reach up from 5-155w and has many different function control modes: TC, VW and Bypass all work a treat and with no problems yet, of course, this is early days. The output voltage is 0.5-8v which is a good boundary for the usage rates. the resistance rate is averaged from 3-0.08Ohm a good range to use different coil types. The temp range is very good and works well it ranges from 200-600F

The kit includes a USB charger which is standard throughout the vaping world however, it does recommend charging through a battery charger as you get a better performance rating and its safer. Along with a 7ml bottle which is clear and has the desire design logo.

Always at the bottom of the box is the user manuals along with a warranty card.

resize_DSC_1015.JPG
resize_DSC_1016.JPG
resize_DSC_1017.JPG

The Build

So, let’s start out with the shape? What happening well I can tell you it’s different name a bit of kit which is similar in its design without being too over the top? Not much unless you find a bespoke bit of kit. For me the design is great, and it fits well into my hand no problems. Smaller hands may have a problem but I’m sure they will stick with it because it’s beautiful.

I’m going to work from the top down, so, we have a nice etched ‘OHM BOY’ logo at the top which curves around the tank when one is attached. This looks cool and in with today’s scene. A 510pin located offset but central to the mod, which would only carry a 25mm tank nothing is really needed any bigger and I would advise using either the ‘Recoil Rebel’, ‘Dead Rabbit’ or the ‘Recurve’.

Working down the sides we have a very nice size firing, but which is clicky but not too clicky and seems a good build. A 20mm screen which is bright in all weather conditions. Desire seems to have cracked the screens in terms of brightness and sunlight. The up and down button for scrolling through options and increasing or decreasing the power. Below that is a mini USB connector again advised to use a battery charge, so you get better performances.

The squonking bottle which is located just right to the firing button, this is very easy to squeeze and seems to work a treat every time using, the bottle is of a good design with an aluminium base and top cap which unscrews to fil, another good leakage preventer. The bottle has a pull ring to remove from the location which helps when removing and is easily done. The batteries are housed with a magnetic cover which is very strong with no rattles at all. And the base of the mod has the venting holes, each set under a battery.

While checking the atomizer readings from different tanks they worked a treat, changed instantaneity. I always check the TC mode on mods because it is usually a good favourite for many vapours out there. It works and works very work smooth and always a good hit. Again, this is only dependant on the premium quality of the e-liquid you are using, using poor liquids may differ.

Desire know how to protect their users and the list is as follows;

• Short Circuit Protection

• Low Voltage Protection

• Auto Lock Protection

• Over Vaping Protection

• Over Charging Protection

• Over Temperature Protection

• Over Time Protection

• Low Power Protection

On using the Recurve, I did set it up initially to be powered at 60w… too powerful on this mod I’ve decreased it to 45w and oh my, the clouds and flavour are on point and cannot falter anything about them. I must say it’s down to both the equipment and device in making this a perfect vaping choice.

resize_DSC_1018.JPG

2-week review

I’ve been using this mod no for 2 weeks and I’m still blown away by it. It really is my go to mod and I can’t fault it one bit. I’ve not had no leakages from the squonk bottle as such, only where I’ve changed it over and its seeped through.

I’ve tried this on the TC just to say I’ve had a go and it still performs great and true…

People if you want a good squonk, an epic bit of chip and an all-round excellent mod this is for you. I did pair it up with the Wotofo Recurve, and occasionally I did get some dry hits I’ve changed the wick many times I remembered to squonk the tank and even tried dripping which never really is at fault. The e-liquids I have used have all been amazing flavour and worked well.

I’m going to say I personally give this mod 5 out of 5 stars it really is great…go out and buy one they are worth it!

resize_DSC_1020.JPG

Pros

· Quality workmanship and finish

· Heavyweight

· High-grade zinc alloy

· Great feel to the mod

· Easy squeeze

· 7ml capacity

· Consistent power output

· Stylish

· Battery life is amazing (24hrs+)

· Head turner

Cons

· Pull ring on the bottle can be very tight, this has been resolved

· Bulky for some users

resize_DSC_1025.JPG

Conclude

The question is would I buy this BF? Why not, put it this way it really is the best thing on the market I have tried a few different squonk devices and this is hands down the best performing but of kit. I’m so in love with everything about it. As you can see there is hardly any flaws, no cons and most of all I haven’t put it down…

The mod performs at its best through the whole life of the batteries even right down to the last bit of juice which is left I cannot falter Desire Design and OhmBoy for making such a beautiful device. The TC mod and Bypass mode work well and the rage chip is somewhat going to blow the squonks out the park.

Overall, Desire Design well done this kit is one to buy, if I broke it would I buy another? I’d buy two purposely just, so I am not without one it makes vaping enjoyable. Many people have asked during my time of reviewing what’s that? I’ve said its mine but have a go… they love it!

resize_DSC_1026.JPG

resize_DSC_1019.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Desire Design Rage by OhmBoy BF Squonk - Bronze
Tank - Wotofo Recurve RDA BF by Mike Vapes - Gunmetal
E-liquid – ZAP! - Cherry Cola - 70/30 - 3mg NicSalts
Coils – Single Coil - O.44ohm
Batteries – Efest 3500mAH 18650s

Back
Top Bottom