What's new

Review Dani box by Dicodes

Purplefowler

Administrator
Staff member
Usual gubbins, this was bought with my own money for personal use. This review is purely my own opinion and does not represent Potv.

I've been craving a new mod for a while, but nothing seemed to tick all the boxes for me. It needs to be tough for use in all weathers, needs to have great battery run time, needs to look sexy and needs to have features that actually work! I have lipo powered mods but numbers they claim don't seem to relate to actual use, I have dna 200 mods but you need a PC (I'm a Mac user) to get them running for various wires and they are a pain to set up. Then I came across the most recent mods from dicodes, the no. 6 and the Dani box. Both looked great but the Dani box has the added bonus of being compact which was the other big requirement as I have tiny hands! So when I spotted on the SV classies, I just had to have it!

First impressions were great. It comes in a lovely metal presentation box, which instantly screams out quality. Opening it up, I found a sample of their own temp control wire and the most detailed instruction book that I've come across. Mind you, it needs it, but more on that later! The mod itself sits in a foam insert, very well protected.

The quality doesn't stop at the presentation. The device is rock solid, and has a good weight to it. The top and bottom are stainless steel and the mid section is anodised aluminium, beautifully finished. It comes in 4 colours, mine being titan grey, and the finish is deep and lustrous. It has 3 buttons, all really nicely made, no rattles and just the right amount of clicks goodness. The screen is small but very clear and easy to read. The battery cap is a work of art in itself, some of the nicest threading I've come across. Whilst it sits flush, it is easy to undo without any tools needed. The 510 connection has a floating pin and again the threading is perfection.

Now this is where things get more complicated. This mod can do an unbelievable amount of different stuff, it is overwhelming! But once you work your way around the very comprehensive menu system, it can be as complicated or easy as you want it to be. Set it in standard, set your watts and off you go. But this thing shines in temp control mode. It has inbuilt settings for just about every wire you can get and also has the option to key in any requirements for wire that hasn't been found yet! It has more power boosts than the space shuttle and even has settings to sort of control the temperature in kanthal mode by pulsing the power going through it with 10 different levels to choose from! It is super easy to calibrate the base temperature to temperature control, and once set it is absolutely rock solid. I've never used a temp control device as consistent and reliable as this, it makes it completely no faff (once you've learnt how to set it up and found your way through the menu system!). Compared to the relatively easy to navigate Dna boards, this does require some reading and it is not for the faint hearted, but the rewards are huge. This dicodes board is without doubt the best board on the market today and I can totally see why mod makers are beginning to move away from evolve and yihi and adopting this amazing bit of tech. The only negative (which isn't really a negative but that depends on your vaping style!) is that it is "only" 60 watts.

Once you've worked it out and have set everything up, the quality carries one coming through. The thing I hate about Dna 200 devices is the slower power delivery but this blasts off as soon as you hit the button, no ramp up time. It also has several power boost settings so again is fully customisable too. As said, I find lipos to be disappointing, you need a pretty massive device to get a decent amount of runtime. This uses good old 18650s and once again the board brings out the best with a very economical power. I've been playing about since getting it and I changed the battery yesterday afternoon and I've still got just under half a battery left (lg he2). Also in the settings, you can check battery level, under load and it will even tell you if your battery cap needs cleaning to get better contact. It is amazing!

So there must be a downside, right? Well the only negative would be the price, new it ain't cheap. Creme de vape sell them for £206. Now it is a lot of money but is comparable with provaris price wise. But when you look at the two brands side by side and check out the features, suddenly the dicodes devices are almost a bargain. I understand there are some stab wood versions coming out sometime too if that's your thing. There is also no way to update the software, which is something we've all got used to, but to be honest I can't see any way this would need to be perfected any more than it already is.

Really there is not much more to add. But if you are in the market for a quality high end regulated device, you should definitely put this high on your list for consideration. It looks gorgeous, feels like quality and does everything you could need and more and will fit in your pocket. Absolutely superb!

@Purplefowler thank you so much, great review!

The Dani no6 is in my future plans, sooner or later I will buy one ...
Just a question: what is the biggest tank in diameter you can put on the no6 fitting well? 25mm? 30mm?

Currently I want to collect few authentic Vapor Giant mech. mods and atomizers and in my dream is a 26650 Congestus telescoping mechanical mod by SaRuMod.

The No 6 is probably the next mod I'll buy. Nice review! German made and two year warranty on electronics. Good looks too.

Usual gubbins, this was bought with my own money for personal use. This review is purely my own opinion and does not represent Potv.

I've been craving a new mod for a while, but nothing seemed to tick all the boxes for me. It needs to be tough for use in all weathers, needs to have great battery run time, needs to look sexy and needs to have features that actually work! I have lipo powered mods but numbers they claim don't seem to relate to actual use, I have dna 200 mods but you need a PC (I'm a Mac user) to get them running for various wires and they are a pain to set up. Then I came across the most recent mods from dicodes, the no. 6 and the Dani box. Both looked great but the Dani box has the added bonus of being compact which was the other big requirement as I have tiny hands! So when I spotted on the SV classies, I just had to have it!

First impressions were great. It comes in a lovely metal presentation box, which instantly screams out quality. Opening it up, I found a sample of their own temp control wire and the most detailed instruction book that I've come across. Mind you, it needs it, but more on that later! The mod itself sits in a foam insert, very well protected.

The quality doesn't stop at the presentation. The device is rock solid, and has a good weight to it. The top and bottom are stainless steel and the mid section is anodised aluminium, beautifully finished. It comes in 4 colours, mine being titan grey, and the finish is deep and lustrous. It has 3 buttons, all really nicely made, no rattles and just the right amount of clicks goodness. The screen is small but very clear and easy to read. The battery cap is a work of art in itself, some of the nicest threading I've come across. Whilst it sits flush, it is easy to undo without any tools needed. The 510 connection has a floating pin and again the threading is perfection.

Now this is where things get more complicated. This mod can do an unbelievable amount of different stuff, it is overwhelming! But once you work your way around the very comprehensive menu system, it can be as complicated or easy as you want it to be. Set it in standard, set your watts and off you go. But this thing shines in temp control mode. It has inbuilt settings for just about every wire you can get and also has the option to key in any requirements for wire that hasn't been found yet! It has more power boosts than the space shuttle and even has settings to sort of control the temperature in kanthal mode by pulsing the power going through it with 10 different levels to choose from! It is super easy to calibrate the base temperature to temperature control, and once set it is absolutely rock solid. I've never used a temp control device as consistent and reliable as this, it makes it completely no faff (once you've learnt how to set it up and found your way through the menu system!). Compared to the relatively easy to navigate Dna boards, this does require some reading and it is not for the faint hearted, but the rewards are huge. This dicodes board is without doubt the best board on the market today and I can totally see why mod makers are beginning to move away from evolve and yihi and adopting this amazing bit of tech. The only negative (which isn't really a negative but that depends on your vaping style!) is that it is "only" 60 watts.

Once you've worked it out and have set everything up, the quality carries one coming through. The thing I hate about Dna 200 devices is the slower power delivery but this blasts off as soon as you hit the button, no ramp up time. It also has several power boost settings so again is fully customisable too. As said, I find lipos to be disappointing, you need a pretty massive device to get a decent amount of runtime. This uses good old 18650s and once again the board brings out the best with a very economical power. I've been playing about since getting it and I changed the battery yesterday afternoon and I've still got just under half a battery left (lg he2). Also in the settings, you can check battery level, under load and it will even tell you if your battery cap needs cleaning to get better contact. It is amazing!

So there must be a downside, right? Well the only negative would be the price, new it ain't cheap. Creme de vape sell them for £206. Now it is a lot of money but is comparable with provaris price wise. But when you look at the two brands side by side and check out the features, suddenly the dicodes devices are almost a bargain. I understand there are some stab wood versions coming out sometime too if that's your thing. There is also no way to update the software, which is something we've all got used to, but to be honest I can't see any way this would need to be perfected any more than it already is.

Really there is not much more to add. But if you are in the market for a quality high end regulated device, you should definitely put this high on your list for consideration. It looks gorgeous, feels like quality and does everything you could need and more and will fit in your pocket. Absolutely superb!

I have just picked up a Dani Box. Can you tell me the process to temp cal. Obviously go to the temp cal page, but what then to do with 'init', 'confirm' & 'process'?

I have just picked up a Dani Box. Can you tell me the process to temp cal. Obviously go to the temp cal page, but what then to do with 'init', 'confirm' & 'process'?
Now you're asking, been a while since I bothered with temp control but if my memory serves me right you just go through each option and it does it all for you. The confusion comes because it doesn't actually say it's done anything but it has. I still use my dani box, day in day out. I've tried using other mods but they can't come close to the build and reliability of these dicodes devices so I'm sure you'll be very happy with it :)

Add me to the No 6 crew, very well made mods. I think I spied a stab Dani on the bay recently.

Now you're asking, been a while since I bothered with temp control but if my memory serves me right you just go through each option and it does it all for you. The confusion comes because it doesn't actually say it's done anything but it has. I still use my dani box, day in day out. I've tried using other mods but they can't come close to the build and reliability of these dicodes devices so I'm sure you'll be very happy with it :)

Yes I love it. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom