So what's in the box.

1 - Cuboid Tap

2- USB chatting cable

3- User manual

4- warranty {usual limited device warranty}

Specs

1- Output wattage - 1-228W

2- Output Modes - RTC / VT (Ni/Ti/SS316) / VW / TCR / Bypass

3- Resistance Ranges - 0.05-1.5ohm (VT/TCR mode) / 0.1-3.5ohm (VW/BYPASS mode)

4- Temperature Range - 100-315°C / 200-600°F

5- Battery - 2 x 18650 {not included}

6- Dimensions - 28.00mm x 41.00mm x 134.00mm

7- Weight 120 grams without batteries

8- Colours -

Black - Carbon effect.

Silver - has wood effect panels.

Red/Yellow - both have flame effect.

Blue - galaxy type effect.

9- Dual 18650 batteries {not supplied}

I bought the Blue one, I like its looks, but that's me. Everyone's different.

Like the old Cuboid 150w, it fits nicely in the hand, though The Tap is some 50 grams lighter and slightly smaller.

The button was a problem for me, while it is clicky sometimes it didn't pop back out, but it was not in and firing, it was sort of half out. I found doing the 5 click thing it would stick on the release and it bugged me a lot.

Then there's the TAP button on the front, you can use this as a fire button or to access the various menu items as you would with the fire button. This also caused problems as a slight movement on the pad and it stops firing.

There's also a squeeze function on the sides that with 3/4/5 squeezes will operate various functions.

It has quick charge technology

And also reverse charging technology, although this involves buying further parts.

Nice big OLED screen.

So how does it perform.

Well I tried it with my Pharaoh RDTA and randomly an Atlantis Mega tank.

With the Atlantis and a .5 coil I only used it in power mode up to 30 watts as this is what the coil is rated to. Its easy to use on this set up and works well but so would any device.

On with a Pharaoh RDTA

1st up Single fused stapled clapton at .46 Ohms, I tried these up to 90 watts, higher than I like cos I like my throat, back down to the 50 watt area where I'm happier.

I then tried dual SS coils .2 Ohms in power and TC modes. Excellent performance.

So over 5 days I tried all the above, I used the various power modes and I was happy with its performance. Except the Tap for firing !

So how is it different ?

Ok the TAP button. You can use this instead of the Fire button to to access the various menu functions, and it vibrates to give you feedback that you have operated it.

Erm why ? I like the fact that they are adding new tech but personally I don't see the need, and I will disable this function. Also I think it's very possible that you could fire it and operate functions in your pocket, yes it's easy to disable but how many people are going to remember to do this every time they put in their pocket. So for me it's not a plus.

The up/down buttons are also TAP buttons and work fine.

The Squeeze function, squeezing the sides 3/4/5 times will operate various menu functions, ok possibly after prolonged use you may get to remember exactly how many squeezes do what, but sometimes it Miss counts your squeezes so again I'm not a fan.

But these are the functions.

With power off

3- Activates TAP lock/unlock

4- Activates menu

5- Activates stealth mode On/Off

With power on

3- Activates TCR setting

4- Turns screen upside down

5- Check battery voltage

It has a great clock :-)

The Tap is an ok device and I liked the feel of it, but if all my devices suddenly evaporated this would Not be high up on my list of replacements, in fact the old 150 would be higher on the list

Pros

Good looks

Good performance.

Cons

TBH if I was picky I'd say the Tap function is not needed but that's my view, some people will like and use it. Also I found that it was very easy to relax pressure when using the Tap button and suddenly no vapour.

Fire button is shocking compared to the old Cuboid 150

Back
Top Bottom