What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Cigstar Greek Temple Review

Enoch

Achiever
Thank you to @heaven gifts for this prize first and foremost. Really enjoying using it over the past week. So I have decided to throw up a review of the Cigstar Greek Temple mod. It is a 230w dual 18650 mod, on sale at heavens gifts now. As usual this review is entirely from your average vaper, so let’s begin.

Cigstar-Greek-Temple-230W-TC-Box-MOD_0043367727b7_l.jpg

I like the look of this mod; I like the colour and the lights around the screen. The mod itself fits in your hand nicely, rectangle shape with a fire button on the right in the form of a little square. It comes with a full colour screen, lights around the screen and a bottom hinge battery door. So first thoughts are on the feel of the device, and it is good. The device is light, even with batteries and as mentioned the size is a positive for me. Made of metal and plastic, it feels firm in your hand, so off to a good start!

The device itself uses all the usual functions with Watt, TC and the like. The menu system can be activated with three clicks and there are 3 simple menus, with coil type/ mode, Light colour and power. There is a set of around 8? Different colours for the lights including rainbow changing colours. Using the device, it doesn’t seem that the lights or screen are a big battery drain to be honest, Vaping at around 67 watts compared to the S Priv for example so another positive for the device. Start up from batteries to Vape is very fast, no loading menus like other mods. So another positive for me that, changing batteries and you can start Vaping straight away. The screen displays power and battery levels, no useless information cluttering up the screen. So there are a fair few positives for the device. I have had no misfires from the device either, and although not put through serious wear and tear, the paint on the device is fine and no scuffs at all so far including atty rash which again is a positive.

Cigstar-Greek-Temple-230W-TC-Box-MOD_0043368d0c38_l.jpg

Onto the negatives for me. First of all the battery door seems loose to me, not a tight fit compared to other mods similar in design. The one time I dropped the mod, the door opened straight away with little impact, so basically don’t drop the mod! The next negative for me is the screen itself; in short I don’t trust its strength. I have had no issues with the screen but on touch it feels like a blow could damage the display, obviously I had no intention of investigating that area! It does need a protective layer over the screen to prevent any accidents happening; there is a gap to allow for that. So not too many negatives for me, nothing I would write the mod off over to be honest.

Cigstar-Greek-Temple-230W-TC-Box-MOD_004336b104a3_l.jpg

Now for the weird…. Never had to do this section before! There are two very odd features with this mod I have found. The first is that there is no lock screen. The device powers straight on when you insert the batteries, however the 5 click lock screen actually turns the device off! So although not a huge issue, I found it strange that it just shuts off instead. This leads onto the second issue, when the device is turned off, when you try to fire it, or even not click the button enough you get met with a delayed Battery low message. Again I have no idea why the mod tells you that when it is shut off, it does lock you out from turning the device on for a few seconds when it does that.

So overall, it is a nice mod. I am enjoying using it, looks nice and works perfectly well. I have had no issues that prevent it from working or anything go wrong, so all in all it is a nice mod. I wouldn’t compare it to high end mods but I suppose that is where the sticking point for me comes in. As a mod it is great, does its job and to me looks nice. However at 99 dollars on Heavengifts…..it is in the wrong price range. I don’t think it is worth that value, it seems like a good budget mod, at around 50 dollars I would say it was worth a purchase but not at 99. That isn’t a knock on the device itself, I just don’t feel it is worth that much, for that price I would want something more meaty and upgraded inside.

So marks out of 10.

Looks 8/10

Performance 7/10

Value- 1/10

Overall- 7/10 (at a much cheaper price)

Back
Top Bottom