What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Capt'n kit by Vaptio

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Alright guys. We are back with a hardware review.

This kit was sent out for the purpose of this review. So a big thanks to Bear over @Vaptio All of the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So we are taking a look at the Capt'n mod and tank.

So in the box you get the capt'n mod and tank, the frogman W8 coil pre installed and a W2 coils. Bag of spare parts including spare glass and the usual user manuals.

1533571648789670016244.jpg

So let's start with the tank. Of course being in the EU we have the TPD compliant tank which is in the form of a silicone reducer. Should you wish to be a rebel this can be removed easily. I am quite impressed with the machining on the tank. All the threads are silky smooth. The tank has dual airflow controlled with a turnable ring at the base of the tank. It's a topfill tank. Just unscrew the top of the tank and you have 2 filling ports.

The W8 coil is 0.15ohm
The W2 coil is 0.4ohm
There is also mesh coils available for this tank.

The tank and coils themselves give good flavour and can chuck a cloud if you're into that.

Now moving on to the mod.

15335715752021219292973.jpg

The Capt'n mod is a dual 18650 device.
The mod it's self is quite small in my opinion but feels nice in the hand. It has a range of 10w-220w.
The mods firing range is 0.10ohm-5.0ohm Wattage increases by 1w at a time but if you hold The button it will increase quicker.
The 510 is offset but can take a 25mm tank with out over hang. You have a large round fire button and your + and - buttons below the screen.
There is also a micro usb port for firmware upgrades and charging. But I would recommend always charging batteries in an external charger.
Base of the mod you have the battery door which is hinged. Also the battery tubes are lined so I would say it's gonna be pretty hard to tear a battery wrap by taking them in or out.

It's the normal 5 clicks on and off
3 clicks to get into the menu.

Once in the menu you can change modes. You have smart mode, VW mode, TC mode CCW mode, CCT mode and finally bypass mode.

If you select smart mode you can also choose the soft, normal, hard and auto mode as well.

In the settings you can adjust system settings mode settings vape time and sleep time.

You can change the theme of the screen and there is 2 themes already on the mod.

On the screen you have all your usual stuff. Battery level, coil ohm, bolts and wattage.

I've mainly used the smart and VW modes but also tried the bypass mode aswell.

Smart mode will set the mod to a recommended wattage but you can change it if you wish. And VW mode is what it says it is. The bypass mode technically turns it into an unregulated device so power will depend on coil used and battery level.

This mod also has an auto sleep function which will power down the mod after a set time which is adjustable.

This mod has been in daily use since I got it. And I'm really liking it. It's got no rattles at all which is a big plus for me. Mainly been vaping between 50-80 watts and it performs well. Battery usage is also quite good. But obviously will reduce the higher wattage you go. I was feeling rebellious so I removed the silicone reducer to increase tank size to 4ml. The coil life seems pretty good also. There is also other coils that will fit this tank as well. I think this mod could well be a game changer for Vaptio. So let's move on to my pros and cons with final thought.

Pros.
Quite small for a dual 18650 mod.
Good sized easy to read screen
Pretty simple to use and navigate the menus.

Cons.
Unfortunately there is a con. Which I will illustrate with a picture.

20180806_170045.jpg

If I press the mod anywhere within the badly drawn box the mod will fire.

Final thoughts

All round it's a great kit. Should the issue with the fire button be sorted I would have no issues with it at all. It's got good features so it can suit many styles of vaping.

15335718170311663968144.jpg

www.vaptio.com

Last edited:
Great review there again Sam........:2thumbsup:.......... Its a shame about the fire button as it looks a nice mod..........

Yea. It's still a cracking mod to be fair. It's not put me off it but would be better if it was sorted out

Nice review Sam.

Actually really like the look of this mod. Vaptio really do seem to be getting better as they go on.

Alright guys. We are back with a hardware review.

This kit was sent out for the purpose of this review. So a big thanks to Bear over @Vaptio All of the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So we are taking a look at the Capt'n mod and tank.

So in the box you get the capt'n mod and tank, the frogman W8 coil pre installed and a W2 coils. Bag of spare parts including spare glass and the usual user manuals.

View attachment 168430

So let's start with the tank. Of course being in the EU we have the TPD compliant tank which is in the form of a silicone reducer. Should you wish to be a rebel this can be removed easily. I am quite impressed with the machining on the tank. All the threads are silky smooth. The tank has dual airflow controlled with a turnable ring at the base of the tank. It's a topfill tank. Just unscrew the top of the tank and you have 2 filling ports.

The W8 coil is 0.15ohm
The W2 coil is 0.4ohm
There is also mesh coils available for this tank.

The tank and coils themselves give good flavour and can chuck a cloud if you're into that.

Now moving on to the mod.

View attachment 168429

The Capt'n mod is a dual 18650 device.
The mod it's self is quite small in my opinion but feels nice in the hand. It has a range of 10w-220w.
The mods firing range is 0.10ohm-5.0ohm Wattage increases by 1w at a time but if you hold The button it will increase quicker.
The 510 is offset but can take a 25mm tank with out over hang. You have a large round fire button and your + and - buttons below the screen.
There is also a micro usb port for firmware upgrades and charging. But I would recommend always charging batteries in an external charger.
Base of the mod you have the battery door which is hinged. Also the battery tubes are lined so I would say it's gonna be pretty hard to tear a battery wrap by taking them in or out.

It's the normal 5 clicks on and off
3 clicks to get into the menu.

Once in the menu you can change modes. You have smart mode, VW mode, TC mode CCW mode, CCT mode and finally bypass mode.

If you select smart mode you can also choose the soft, normal, hard and auto mode as well.

In the settings you can adjust system settings mode settings vape time and sleep time.

You can change the theme of the screen and there is 2 themes already on the mod.

On the screen you have all your usual stuff. Battery level, coil ohm, bolts and wattage.

I've mainly used the smart and VW modes but also tried the bypass mode aswell.

Smart mode will set the mod to a recommended wattage but you can change it if you wish. And VW mode is what it says it is. The bypass mode technically turns it into an unregulated device so power will depend on coil used and battery level.

This mod also has an auto sleep function which will power down the mod after a set time which is adjustable.

This mod has been in daily use since I got it. And I'm really liking it. It's got no rattles at all which is a big plus for me. Mainly been vaping between 50-80 watts and it performs well. Battery usage is also quite good. But obviously will reduce the higher wattage you go. I was feeling rebellious so I removed the silicone reducer to increase tank size to 4ml. The coil life seems pretty good also. There is also other coils that will fit this tank as well. I think this mod could well be a game changer for Vaptio. So let's move on to my pros and cons with final thought.

Pros.
Quite small for a dual 18650 mod.
Good sized easy to read screen
Pretty simple to use and navigate the menus.

Cons.
Unfortunately there is a con. Which I will illustrate with a picture.

View attachment 168428
If I press the mod anywhere within the badly drawn box the mod will fire.

Final thoughts

All round it's a great kit. Should the issue with the fire button be sorted I would have no issues with it at all. It's got good features so it can suit many styles of vaping.

View attachment 168431

www.vaptio.com
Great review mate. I hadn't found that firing fault actually !

Back
Top Bottom