What's new

Review BENECIG KILLER 260w mech mod.

eyeball kid

Legend
Ok this little beastie was sent to me by accident by the gang at soucemore so I figured I'd review this big boy and then do an old fashioned pita giveaway.
It's being advertised as a 260w mech mod and yes it's technically mech enough to wonder which category it fits in but it also has multiple protection circuits, a variable voltage potentiometer and a regulated mod style design.
The mod comes smart but simply boxed with clear instructions and no extras.
There is no usb charge point on the mod so an external charger is required.
WP_20180923_20_31_57_Pro.jpg

The chip inside uses two led lights that run up the side of the mod to indicate various issues
The battery level is indicated via the colour of the light when the power bar is pressed.
Blue = Full battery
Purple = 50%
Red = 30%
Various numbers of white blinks mean No load, Short circuit, over heating, overtime vaping and low voltage.
There's no indication if there's a reverse battery polarity protection but the battery tabs on the bottom are clearly marked

WP_20180923_20_57_47_Pro.jpg

One of the selling points of the mod is that it hits fast, 0.02 seconds apparently. I've got plenty of regulated mods that hit faster and I can't say I honestly noticed a difference between this and something like the pico squeeze if I'm honest.
The other big selling point and the reason behind the big bad "killer" name is it's advertised 260w output from two 18650 cells.
Well erm it doesn't work that way really.
The output wattage on the mod obviously is dependent on the ohms of your build.
The wattage/voltage dial is rated from 1 to 5 so technically if you put a 0.1 ohm build in your rda or tank No 1 will deliver you around 50w and you will go up by 50w for each number you then go up to. Ending in a theoretical 260w as the dial just goes past 5 (very spinal tap)
Photo
WP_20180923_20_41_54_Pro.jpg

That means a 0.5 build is going to start around 10w on number 1 and end up just over 100w on number 5.
And for a full house a 1ohm build will start around 5w (ish) and end up around 65-70w on no 5. Not quite so "Killer".

Right, I gave this a run with a Kennedy 24 loaded with a 0.2 ohm flapton coil,
A soul rda with a 0.5 ohm brochrome coil,
And finaly a le magister with a 1ohm coil.

NOTE: you will need an ohm meter or a decent regulated mod to test the resistance of your coils before use (hence the yihi loaded ipv in my pics) or you won't be able to estimate what wattage you are putting into your coils.

Vaping wise, once you've got to grips with the dial it's pretty easy to dial in a decent vape. All three rda's hit hard enough but it definitely looked right with a bigger rda on it with no overhang. I'd say 25mm is probably aesthetically the biggest you'd want to use to prevent overhangs.

On the plus side, this review made me dig out some old aerovapez sweetie pie which was a treat.

Batteries are loaded into the bottom which has a plastic slide and open door for the two 18650 batteries which seems solid but is plastic so I'm not sure how it will hold long term. Seems tough enough though.
The mod itself is a zinc alloy and although it's light it's actually pretty thick and well built so should take a little rough and tumble.
The fire button is basically the whole front panel which is internally hinged at the bottom and contains the potentiometer.
It makes it very comfortable to fire but although it's sprung it's still a tad clunky.
WP_20180923_20_59_55_Pro.jpg
WP_20180923_20_58_06_Pro.jpg

Ok it's not a top end hand made masterpiece but it's pretty compact and comfy in hand. Well built and If you tend to stick to one tank or rda it's going to be a good solid beater.

As I said this was supplied by the good folks at sourcemore and comes in all your favourite colours including copper.
https://www.sourcemore.com/benecig-killer-260w-mech-mod-powered-by-dual-18650-cells-silver.html
Remember we have a POTV discount code available.

Attachments

• WP_20180923_20_31_57_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180923_20_31_57_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • WP_20180923_20_59_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180923_20_59_55_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
nice review mate, I'm a bit of a fan of these style of mods, the pwm/ vv ones. not sure about this one tbh

nice review mate, I'm a bit of a fan of these style of mods, the pwm/ vv ones. not sure about this one tbh
It's difficult really bud as it's not my thing but I can imagine it to be a handy everyday mod as I said. It's something a bit different from the current mods that look like old casio hand held tv's.

Good review @eyeball kid . I like the look of the mod but i recently purchased a Dovpo mvv . Out of interest do you know the date they sent it out. I am waiting on The luxotic MF from sourcemore which was sent out early September and it hasn't even got to Yodel yet. Cheers

It's difficult really bud as it's not my thing but I can imagine it to be a handy everyday mod as I said. It's something a bit different from the current mods that look like old casio hand held tv's.
yeah lol, got a couple of these style of mods the best imo being the dovpo vee cracking little mod, I quite like the look of teslas new invader as well, but just got the the steamcrave pwm in so that should be fun ;)

Good review @eyeball kid . I like the look of the mod but i recently purchased a Dovpo mvv . Out of interest do you know the date they sent it out. I am waiting on The luxotic MF from sourcemore which was sent out early September and it hasn't even got to Yodel yet. Cheers
Sounds about right crusty.
I'm still awaiting a mod your taking on. Slow but they get their in the end.

Good stuff. It’s nice to see/ read about unusual gear like this even if it’s not something I’d use myself.

Back
Top Bottom