What's new

Aspire SkyStar Revvo kit

icepie

Postman
SkyStar Mod
Bought it for the elegant design, I like mods where the tank goes in the centre rather than sitting drunkenly to one side. First touchscreen mod I've owned, seems easy enough to operate, swipe up to reveal the + - 'buttons' to adjust the mode you're in, swipe down to enter menus/change modes.
Pros: Clear, simple display with adjustable brightness. Choice of digital or analogue clock. Very lightweight. Impossible to accidentally jack up the power because the touchscreen disables when the display times out and you have to tap the firing button to bring it back online.
Cons: The firing button is too small and in the wrong place. The user manual is a waste of time... for example, what the hell is "Watch" function? It tells me how to access it but doesn't tell me what it does. There don't appear to be any custom power curves, which doesn't matter to me but I know a lot of people expect them these days.

Revvo Tank
Didn't particularly want it but it came with the mod so what the hell. This tank has top airflow and takes those new-fangled radial coils.
Pros: Nice topfill mechanism - a spring loaded valve that opens when pressed, you just stick your juice bottle nozzle down through the drip tip, press on the valve and away you go. Adjustable air intakes are less noisy than most of my other tanks.
Cons: Coil resistances are very inconsistent, suggesting poor manufacturing method and lack of quality control. Cloud volume/density is poor - at 80W it's about half what I get from a Cleito. The fixed drip tip is a joke. Extreme juice consumption. Metallic taste persists even after several tankfuls.

Summary: I like the mod, but unless they improve the coils or release an RTA I won't be using the tank very much.
Mod, 8/10. Tank, 8/10. Coils, 3/10

[Ed: Forgot to mention, the coil sits entirely at the top of the tank, so if you leave it standing upright the juice will drain from the coil. Not really an issue as the underside of the ARC is all wick so a quick tip is all it takes, and if you lay it on its side when you're not using it, it won't leak (or at least I can't make it leak) and it'll keep the wicking wet. I've tested three coils on max VG and they've all soaked up quickly enough]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom