What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Aleander killer (alu frame squonk mod)

eyeball kid

Legend
Ok I purchased this with surprisingly little of my own cash so there's no monkey buisness going on here. It came from fastech, cost a shade under £30 and arrived in a breathtakingly fast five days from order.
Wow. How on earth have they made this for the price. What we have is an aluminium frame with resin panels. (So far the colours are random). It has an 80w board with all the tc controls we've come to expect. Operation has been flawless. More expensive mods probably have better cell efficiency but as I'm comparing it to the inbox with the DNA 75 board I can't say I've noticed any issue's. Other users have said it isn't the best battery life but I've noticed those same people are using it at 70w plus so what do they expect.
I've tried tc on the speed revolution with stainless and the tc seems to work perfectly, not as smooth as the DNA but that's to be expected and I'm no tc guru.
The fit and finish of this mod is actually head and shoulders above the inbox with a solid feel and not a rattle in sight. It's slightly smaller than the inbox too and more ergonomic.

The bottle seems about 8ml and is super soft and so easy to squonk it's ridiculous. Maybe too soft (very much like the pulse)
So should I order one immediately. Erm slight issue.

The bloody 510 leaks again. This first cropped up with the initial release of the resin version's. Aleander then fixed it. Why oh why did they deem fit to use the janky ones in these.
You can fix it, but it takes removing the 510 and fitting an oring into the 510 mechanism. Not difficult but it shouldn't need doing.
Also some may find the sleep setting on the board irritating. If you leave the mod for a minute it requires two presses of the fire button to vape. No biggie for me but I know from old mods like the koopor this drives some vapers nuts.
I've emailed aleander for an update on the leak and to find out if there will be a software update to adjust the sleep setting.
Would I buy another. Too right but be aware of these issues if your expecting perfection for under thirty notes.
WP_20171228_12_26_55_Pro.jpg
WP_20171228_12_27_06_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Geekay vapes reviewed this and liked it, the 510 on his was okay though.

Geekay vapes reviewed this and liked it, the 510 on his was okay though.
I love it bud but as with all "reviewers" I wonder how much real time he had spent with it. I've been using it as a daily driver and it took a couple of days before it became evident. As I say I'm not alone in the real world with this issue. It's by no means a deal breaker. We are talking minimal juice loss but enough to say it's not leak proof.
I actually had a ten dollar gift cert so it wad actually about twenty three quid. Unbelievable value and I rate it so far above the inbox. I will fix the issue later in the week and if it carries on I could see me owning a fleet of these.

No the 510 issue would not be a deal killer, i was considering one of these when i placed an order with 3Fvape last week but went for the SVA Kimtech as i really like the look and want a mosfet mod, i will have 3 squonk mods then and 2 DNA mods which will do for now but one of those is the original reuleaux which is getting old and has a crap 510.

I've been using one for a few weeks now. I've not had an issue with the 510, I must be lucky. The auto switch off is not really a problem, but it does catch me out every time. My main gripe is that my finger/thumb catches in the hole when I give the bottle a squeeze and the door comes off, it could really do with some stronger magnets, I am getting a feel for this now, so it's not happening so often.

I've received my second one and so far dry as a bone.
Had a reply from aleander "Eric" thanking me for my advices. So we can clearly expect improvements, lol.

I had the resin version and zero leaks, got the alu one and its like a sieve. Gonna take it apart later and look!

I had the resin version and zero leaks, got the alu one and its like a sieve. Gonna take it apart later and look!
There's a nice instructional pictorial on the fastech discussion thread. Not too difficult.
My theory is they used the left over 510's from when they pulled the first batch of resin ones. Hopefully they are all used now. The second one is fine. The first was fine after fitting an o ring. The tubing benefits from a little shrink tubing where it meets the 510 too. It's not the tightest fit is your a passionate squonker, lol.

There's a nice instructional pictorial on the fastech discussion thread. Not too difficult.
My theory is they used the left over 510's from when they pulled the first batch of resin ones. Hopefully they are all used now. The second one is fine. The first was fine after fitting an o ring. The tubing benefits from a little shrink tubing where it meets the 510 too. It's not the tightest fit is your a passionate squonker, lol.
ha, Mine now sports a bastardised MM510 as the old 510 fell to bits while removing it, i think it was just not together properly and tighening may have fixed it. Now have a very ugly scratched squonk due to it falling off the roof of the car too. Cant beat a beater!

ha, Mine now sports a bastardised MM510 as the old 510 fell to bits while removing it, i think it was just not together properly and tighening may have fixed it. Now have a very ugly scratched squonk due to it falling off the roof of the car too. Cant beat a beater!
I've already dropped my first one. Hence why I don't buy expensive mods. Once it's scratched it soon becomes your favourite mod.
I shall probably have to get another at those ridiculous prices.

Back
Top Bottom