What's new

Review Aleader Killer 80w Squonk Mod

Now THATS what you call a review.. nice one shawn, think its about time you joined the youtube reviewers mate as some are shite and your well good enough....just one thing though, ...clean your nails, disgusting
:D

Just finished doing the front garden :)

I have only recently got a pulse and with a parallel built it’s ok. Would love to try this and wonder if the softer bottle from the pulse would fit

Good review, too good, in fact your an evil begger, makes me want all this stuff more after reading your reviews [emoji31]

Nice review. I'm in exactly the same place with squonking. Even bought an SQ to give it a decent try, but I like a regulated vape. About to cut a hole in a Hammond box due to the lack of affordable regulated squonkers...

You should keep 'the shed of dreams[emoji768]' to yourself

Now I will be the first to admit that squonking really isn’t my thing...the pulse was a massive and I mean a MASSIVE let down for me personally....the voltage drop was insane, and even with a parallel 0.12 build the vape quality was poor. So I thought that my foray into squonking was all but over. I liked the look of the regulated squonk mods, but really didn’t want to commit to £100 plus for something half decent.......all I wanted was something half decent that had a decent amount of power :D

So when @Healthcabin contacted me and asked if I’d like to review the Aleader killer 80w, I was immediately interested. I’d seen a few people on here talk about them, plus the fact that it was a regulated squonk swung it for me.

As with anything I get free for review, this will feature in a giveaway, which will be open to everyone who “likes” this review....

The Aleader is a small compact single 18650 regulated squonk mod, that has the now normal power and temp control features that we come to expect from all of our devices. I’m not sure what chip is in this, but it’s done everything that I’ve wanted to do, it’s not to thirsty on the battery life and it reads the correct ohms (as checked on my ohms checker and a DNA Device)

It operates from 1w right upto 80w in increments of 0.1 ohms unless you keep your finger on the button and it will go up in 1 ohm increments. It will fire down to 0.08ohms, which although is handy, it’s utterly useless in a mod that only goes to 80w :)

Press the power button 3 times in quick succession, and you will have 3 options....

POWER
TEMP
BYPASS

And to select whatever mode you wish, you use the - or + buttons, and hit the fire button to confirm.

To lock the device, whilst in whatever mode you are in, you need to press the - and + together for one second, and the device is locked to the settings you have. It will still fire, it’s just the settings that are locked. To lock the device so that the fire button will not fire, it’s five times in quick succession on the fire button, and 5 times again to unlock. Pretty standard stuff really, but reassuring that the menu system isn’t to complicated and is easy to navigate.

As you know, I’m not really one for temp control, However, I did coil up my dripper using SS and set the temp at 360f and worked my way upto to 460f which seemed be the sweet spot. (There is also Celsius if you wish)

In Fahrenheit, it goes up from 200f right up to 600f in 10f increments. In Celsius, it goes from 93c to 315c in 5c increments....

Build quality is actually pretty much what I have come to expect from the Chinese these days.....it’s pretty well made with good materials and excellent fit and finish. The magnet on the door has just the right amount of....Er....magnetism :D and the door sits flush with the mod. No slippage or sliding off of the door whilst your handling and using it. The door actually fits snuggly into the frame seamlessly, with no unsightly gaps.

As you’ll see from the pics, the 510 is slightly off Center, which is to allow a straight line from your squonk tube into your atty. Again, as you’ll see from the pics, your 24mm atty is going to sit perfectly with absolutely no overhang....your 24mm atty is gonna look like it was made for this mod ;)

Now the only negative I can find with this was the bottle. It’s a little stiff....although it has slightly improved over the last few days of using it, a softer bottle would have been nice. Also the lack of a spare bottle is another little niggle, but they are cheap enough to buy and the one I got from stealthvape sits nice and snuggly in there with no problems at all.

The mod does come supplied with a USB cable, and the mod can be charged using this. Now, I’m not a fan of doing this, but whilst I’m writing this sat in my shed (the shed of dreams®) I have it charging whilst I vape, so pass through charging is an option. I wouldn’t recommend charging this overnight or unattended using the USB cable, but the risk is your own if you wish to choose this option.

Now my usage of this may differ from yours, and as such the performance and battery longevity may be different as well, so please bear this in mind but I used this with a pandora RDA coiled at 0.12ohms using a nichrome parallel build. And the wattage? Well, I started at 70w and pretty quickly went to 80w :D

So i recoiled at 0.16ohms and settled on 76watts, which works quite well. I won’t go into the ins and outs of what the vape experience was like as it was just like using a normal dripper. It was good :)

Now, we have to address the issue of battery life with a single 18650, especially if your operating at the top end of the wattage range.......it’s not great....but to be fair, no single battery mod I use is ever going to give me enough power to last longer then 3-4 hours. Luckily changing the battery over is easy...pop it out and pop a fresh one in....

A gentle squeeze with your 3rd finger will deliver enough juice to keep your wicks wet, and no accidents with over juicing either. The juice is delivered with just the right amount of residence so that the juice doesn’t wee wee into your atty.

This device has almost restored my faith in squonking....ideally, a dual battery or lipo that could last a day would be my ideal, although to have a device this small and pretty is only ever going to be a single battery....and the Aleader is a pretty looking mod that is well built and functional.....and the price? Well, I would have expected it to be nearing 3 figures for something like this, although I’m no expert with squonk mods....but at $59.99 it’s a bit of a bargain.....

https://www.healthcabin.net/aleader-killer-80w-squonk-box-mod-p/17083.htmlView attachment 152820 View attachment 152821 View attachment 152822 View attachment 152823 View attachment 152824 View attachment 152825
Excellent job mate. I've been running two of these for a while now with no issues. Unbelievable build quality considering most Chinese sellers are offering this for under thirty quid. Paid twenty for my first.

Nice review @MrTeaTime have you had any leaking issues from the underside of the 510 as some others have reported with earlier runs of the mod or does this seem to have been fixed?

Back
Top Bottom