What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Xtar PB2 portable charger

Jackymax

Achiever
As some of you may know I recently won the XTAR PB2 power bank and charger here on the forum. I'd like to share my thoughts.

When it arrived it came with no power cable or instructions, but I have plenty of charger cables that came with other mods. There are 2 connector ports on the charger. One is a standard USB port, and the other is the standard port we all use for our mods, especially integrated battery mods.

There is a small button on the side that so far I haven't found a use for.

From the website: Apply to 3.6v/3.7v unprotected Li-ion/IMR/INR/ICR 18650 batteries.

My first impression was how incredibly light the PB2 is! It is comfortable in the hand with what seems like a rubberised paint finish. The magnetic cover is easy to remove and replace with no broken nails and once on there's almost no chance of it coming off by accident. Inserting and removing the 18650 batteries was really easy with no sharp elements to catch the wraps on.

When plugged in to charge, there is a small LCD display that goes from 1 to 100, indicating the life of the battery. The 2nd number flashes until it reaches 100. I haven't timed it but compared to my other chargers it was a very fast charge for 2 batteries at around 15% power upon starting the charge.

You can charge batteries in the PB2 and use it as a power bank to charge something else at the same time. Once charged, the batteries themselves made the PB2 a very light, secure and comfortable power bank.

Thank you @XTAR for giving me the chance to test the PB2, it was and is a pleasure to use.

Nice one.
It looks like a really useful charger with the powerbank feature.

Nice one.
It looks like a really useful charger with the powerbank feature.
It really is small and light to hold in the hand, not much heavier than the 2 batteries it's holding. :)

Is anyone able to tell me if you can have just one battery in the unit to charge a mobile phone? Or do you need to have two batteries for this to work?

Back
Top Bottom