What's new

Review Wismec Active Kit

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Welcome ladies, gents, gender fluid and non binary readers, back again with another review.

The wismec active (https://www.sourcemore.com/wismec-active-80w-kit-with-amor-ns-plus-tank-orange.html) kit kindly sent over for the purpose of opinion/review by Ella @Sourcemore , thanks
(code ACTIVE will get you 15% off the mod or kit)

Ah wismec, as soon as pictures and a few details were released of this it certainly divided opinion didn’t it………

active kit2.jpg

The Active kit consists of …..

The Amor ns plus tank(24mm ish at the base, but it does widen out quite a bit) , bubble tank pre installed and no spare straight glass, get that up you bubble tank haters,with a capacity of 4.5ml, and a nice slide top fill, supplied with 2 coil heads a 0.2 dtl recommended wattage of 40 - 80 and to my surprise 1.3 mtl coil.

Where to start with supplied tank, best do the positive first, to have some sweetness before it gets a little salty. The flavour from these coil heads is pretty decent for a stock coil tank, both the dtl and mtl options being adequate for what you would expect. Now then, the tank itself is of a very basic design and I don’t think the look goes well with the mod at all, it overhangs on the mod supplied with, and the worst part, the airflow (which is adjustable, there’s to oval slots of equal size, then a smaller circular hole) its noisy. slightly whistley and turbulent all at once, just detracts from what is good flavour, seems to me like they just bundled it with a random tank

The Active mod it self
(usb & manual)
I like look of this, a rugged mixed with retro look to it

95mm tall(to top of the protruding 510), 55mm wide and 27mm deep so by no means a small mod especially taking into account that this is an internal battery device with a 2100 mah capacity (i have a suspicion that its a sony vtc4 inside) The board used gives off that dna200 vibe by the looks anyway identical in appearance. Battery level, ohm, volts and amps listed then on the far right your wattage. There’s is no fanciness going on with the board no wattage curves etc but you do get your usual tamp modes though

Those aren’t really the selling points for the mod, its marketed as shockproof, water resistant and shatterproof, apparently. This primarily being to the thick silicone shell/casing which is interchangeable with a few other colours available for those that like to get a bit matchy matchy, under that silicone all the buttons do look to be well sealed, well you’d hope so if you’re taking it to bath with you

There’s no doubt the mod can take a bump or to, may have deliberately dropped it a few times and not been quite as careful with it as I would usually be with a mod, now I haven’t gone quite as far as taking it in the shower with me but I have used out in the rain and no faults there either

Now this is where this mods party piece comes in, there’s a built in bluetooth speaker, yeah I can hear the “but why” what do we need that for” “think of the children” thoughts now, admittedly I was skeptical of this inclusion myself, until I used it that is, I really like it and have to admit it did bring a grin to face when I first fired it up.

The speaker itself pairs with you phone via bluetooth really easily and the sound quality is actually really good for such a small speaker, speaker controls are on the opposite side to your vape controls, play/pause, skip forward/volume up, skip back/volume down and the bluetooth power/pairing button. I do agree its a gimmick but I enjoyed it, and it doesn’t drain your battery as much as vaping the dtl coil
(speaker sample https://www.instagram.com/waitfor1t88/?hl=en)

So all in all a mixed bag from me on this one a tank with decent enough coil heads but the overall tank design lets it down, the mod on the other hand I enjoyed using a lot does the job well, sturdy and robust, but the battery life lets it down for my style of vaping, but I would recommend the mod, its not the smallest but if you vape mtl and you need something a little more substantial that can take a bump

Ative kit can be purchased https://www.sourcemore.com/wismec-active-80w-kit-with-amor-ns-plus-tank-orange.html
and sourcemore have code for it ACTIVE will get you 15% off
mod or kit

Cheers for reading

Now if @Wismec are reading this I’d like to offer up a couple suggestions, do away with the in built 2100 mah 18650 really, it would of been hardly any bigger of a mod with an built in 21700, and the battery life would be great

And for those that like their bigger mods a dual cell variation, more power for those that like that cloudier vape added cell life along with the rugged toughness of this would be awesome imo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom