What's new

Review VIM by Jac Vapour

no it's not. If you were to dunk that it'd die, or flood the top of the device.
That is a bit of an issue with the port located on the top. Ideally, it should be able to withstand a bit of rainwater.
You could provide a rubber plug, but it shouldn't be too hard to seal the USB port so that it doesn't let water in the device.

I'm guessing not like any electrical usb socket. Also depends what you mean by waterproof or a splash or submerged in water.
I'm thinking if I used it while walking to the tub on a rainy day.

I'm thinking if I used it while walking to the tub on a rainy day.

I don't think it would be that much different from on the side, your hand will more than likely protect it, and if not using it would be in your pocket, but using any device with a button in a full on down pour you are risking issues with it coming in through the button edges. So if you're hands were soaking and all over the button you are running a risk I think. It would make a walk in a light shower to the pub though.

Having just been using the Jac Vapour S-22 units and really enjoying them I reckon I will be ordering one of these, especially after such a great review.

It's nice to support a great quality and home grown company.

Having just been using the Jac Vapour S-22 units and really enjoying them I reckon I will be ordering one of these, especially after such a great review.

It's nice to support a great quality and home grown company.
im laying my cards on the table now and will say i prefer the VIM and for those that dont know
i love the S22 and used it every day until the vim arrived.
dont get me wrong, the S22 is still a great bit of kit but the rounded features and the lighter weight of the vim are much easier on the pockets.

I don't think it would be that much different from on the side, your hand will more than likely protect it, and if not using it would be in your pocket, but using any device with a button in a full on down pour you are risking issues with it coming in through the button edges. So if you're hands were soaking and all over the button you are running a risk I think. It would make a walk in a light shower to the pub though.
If a user lets water enter through the button on the side it's on them. I'm only talking about the USB port as it sits on the top of the model I have and could collect water like a funnel.

Back
Top Bottom