What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

VAPTIO N1 PRO

Tazz

Legend
Hi all. I recently won this mod and tank here in a comp as was asked to do a bit of a review on it.
I'll admit I had never owned a mod like this with the features it has and so first up thank those who gave me battery advice here on POV and advice through the reading of their own experience with it, the N1, and others similar.
When this mod and tank arrived I admit I was immediately struck by the weight and size of it. This thing is a beast. Its big with two battery's in it but a beast with 3. I opted to buy 3 LG 3000 mah batteries as the shop had just got new stock of them in. Others were being cleared out so getting newies that had just arrived made sense.
I charged via a 1 amp wall charger and it took around 5 to 6 hours to reach a full charge. First coil i used was the quad 1.5 ohm which came installed. I did notice upon filling the tank that it felt to be just a very small amount of ejuice filled it. I decided to check the volume using a syringe. From empty to full with a pre saturated coil I could only manage to get 1.3 mil of juice into the tank up to what appeared to be the full level. I emptied it completely and tried to fill it with 2 mil. This took the juice right up to the very top of the coil thread and over saturated the coil so as to be un usable, flooded. The tank, 2 mil, to me is really effectively a 1.3 to 1.4 mil tank. It empties a tank in no time. I found myself having to refill several times a session which soon became annoying. I have to say though that this Frogman tank is exceptionally well made and super easy to refill, its just a shame it is so small. I do have one major issue with it though other than the usable capacity and that is that the mouthpiece, the plastic it is made from has a taste and slight smell, which is noticeable when you inhale and does interfere with the overall flavour.
The tank too when filled past the lets say 1.4 mil mark pushing towards 1.6 ish actually leaked and did spill on to the mod causing me to have to remove the battery cover and clean some of it which made it way inside. Luckily not too far.
The coil though did give exceptional flavour edging past the Cleito coils I have become so used to. I at a later stage put the single .4 ohm coil in the tank and apart from an easier draw the flavour was virtually the same. Cloud wise these coils also rivalled the Cleito's, again just edging them out in the cloud stakes. They are great little coils but sadly let down by the tank.
But the Mod? Well that's a different story altogether.
I have nothing but praise for this thing, I love it.
At home this is the only mod I want to use. Its size though and weight would prohibit its use out and about and for that reason it will never replace my stealth mod. But that is really its only negative I can personally think of.
Navigating the menu is pretty easy as is making adjustments but there is a lack of instructions in the manual, for want of a better word, for those not accustomed to this type of device. I must admit too that I had to do a search on how to use the Curve function and set my own curve to suit my personal vaping style.
I do like the Curve feature, which at first I thought was just a gimmick. But when I tried a juice I had that doesn't like being fired too long without muting the flavour it got me thinking. Usually I like longish drags, around 2 to 3 seconds, but this flavour really only handles around 1.5 max before it gets messed up.
It vapes nice at 49 watts but not for any length of time. I set the Curve to pulse, or ripple that 49 watts for 3 seconds. The lows being 42 watts and the peaks 49. It actually worked. By not sustaining the peak but instead pulsing or rippling it I could now vape it at the time length I wanted without ruining the flavour. That impressed me!
I must say too that the mod is super solid with zero rattling noises if shaken about. It is extremely well made.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this to anyone for those wanting a seriously good mod that has the capacity to pack a ton of battery power.
The tank though was disappointing.
Cheers.
vap2.jpg
vap.jpg
022.JPG

Above pic the Curve with the ripple effect setting.
You will see too 2 red zeros and an s, I thought these were the second counters but they never changed and seem inoperative, as others I did a search on commented on as well.
Below the ejuice which had leaked from the tank when overfilled. Bummer. Thankfully no damage.
leaker.jpg
leak 2.jpg

Hell, that is a beast and a half, you could beat a kangaroo to death with that.

It's scary big compared to my Wismec 80!
But I only need to charge it every third day. Even then its not flat, about 50%. Takes about 4 hours from there.
I do like it.
And yeah, its a weapon too. Probably could jump start a car with it :18:
Bummer the tank though.

Looks like serious military grade hardware. Very thorough and informative review there. I like how you tested the tank with a syringe.

Hey all. Thought I'd revisit this post/review with some thoughts of using it after a bit of time.
Still loving this thing, battery life with 3 X 3000mah batteries is fantastic, only need to recharge once every three days. And, as the batteries have conditioned a bit the recharge time seems to have diminished slightly and time between recharging extended a little. All good in that department but really that's just the batteries, not the mod itself.
So what do I think now? Well, I ain't no reviewer or expert, in fact I'm just a mr average, but here it is.
I have found one of the coloured side plates on mine has become "clicky" when I pick the unit up and hold it. Or, when any pressure, normal holding pressure, is placed upon it. A big deal, affects performance? Of course not, but it's there. And, it bugs me!
The other is the Voltage. Look at it in passive mode, not in use, and it's all zero's. Vape then look and it's still zero's. The only way to see the voltage is to hold the fire button whilst looking at it. A big deal? No, but why all zero's unless you do that when all it need's to do is display it!? The other bug is the 2 red O0's that never change, why are they even there? Am I missing something? Do they actuate in Temp mode which I haven't tried? If not then why are they there? It's like a Tacho in a car that never moves if they don't work for anything.
Great mod, but needs a few tweaks to be honest, and the side plates either firmed up or done away with.
Still very cool, but not complete.
I call thing's as they are.

Back
Top Bottom