What's new

Vaporesso Nexus - First impressions

CarbonBoy

Achiever
So, first review type-thing from me. Not sure if I need a disclaimer but, here goes...

This produce was purchased by me, for my personal usage. The opinions below are mine and based purely on my personal usage.

IMG_7197.JPG IMG_7198.JPG

First impressions. Thought the packaging was well designed. Everything you need (excluding juice) to get up and running is included. The unit is snug and well protected by two strong cardboard sleeves.

IMG_7206.JPG

The warranty card to the left and the 'Temperature Mode' instruction card to the right. For most users, this will be the most important part of the instructions.

IMG_7205.JPG IMG_7199.JPG IMG_7207.JPG

The Nexus unit itself is, in my opinion, very stylish. It's the perfect size for my child size hands and as I remember saying when I originally saw it online, there is a comparison to be made with a highlighter pen, both in terms of scale and overall appearance.

It feels weights and I don't doubt that a large part of that is down to the 650mAh battery. The mouthpiece looks to be made from plastic but the rest of the unit looks to be made from metal. The overall finish is one of quality and something that'll survive life in your pocket.

I also like the choice of colours. Why not have something that stands out a little?

Straight out of the box, I gave the Nexus a 30 minute charge and it was ready to go. I've been using this on and off for two days now and I still haven't had to recharge the battery. I have even chain vaped it for 2 minute periods and it just keeps going.

IMG_7204.JPG IMG_7201.JPG IMG_7202.JPG

Filling the Nexus, removing/replacing the coil and adjusting the airflow couldn't be easier. Just remove the black mouthpiece and everything you need is in one place.

The coil is to the left/top in my pictures and the knurled ring running around the outside controls the airflow. I currently have my airflow set to halfway and I did notice a difference between full open and half open. Whilst I don't profess to be a MTL expert, I wouldn't say that this unit will give you a very tight MTL experience. It is quite lose and I like that.

The fill port to the right (black plug) in my pictures is very secure whilst being big enough for me to easily pinch and remove it. No worries about the juice leaking out. Once that plug is in, it's in. The fill port is nice and wide, easily allowing you to completely stick the nip tip of your juice bottle fully into the hole.

I'm told that the Nexus holds 2ml of juice and there is a 'Max Fill' line to observe. I can't see/find that line and I'll be honest, I'm not certain about that 2ml capacity. Whilst I'm not constantly having to refill the unit, I can't swear that I'm using 2ml of juice per refill.

IMG_7203.JPG IMG_7200.JPG

With it juiced and charged, I was ready to go! Now, my only real gripe so far. The Temperature Mode control button. Even with my man-child hands/fingers, this button is fiddly. You need to give it three firm presses within two seconds to change the temperature. This has proved really tricky. If the button were only a fraction bigger, it would be so much easier to access the three modes. The modes themselves are distinguished by a change in LED light colour. These are explained on the Temperature Mode card.

OVERALL
So far, so good.

I haven't been using this as true MTL device. In my typical vape style, I just loaded up with Dinner Lady Black Orange (3mg nic), gave it 10 minutes and then took a draw. I was pleasantly surprised. Whilst there was no throat hit (3mg nic), the flavour of the juice was most certainly there. The more pulls I took, the more the coil broke in and it got better and better. We're not talking RDA/dripper flavour but we are talking 'Yeah, that's my juice' flavour.

One thing I did really like is the fact that you don't have to draw like you're trying to breath through a pinhole to get the unit to activate. Just a gentle, steady pull and you're away. I didn't notice any activation delay either.

Whilst this isn't the smallest unit on the market, I do think it's worth pointing out that it's probably not going to serve as your 'stealth' vape. 12.5 watts isn't crazy but it can produce a sizeable cloud that'll get noticed at your desk! If on the other hand you're out and about and don't fancy impersonating a steam engine, the Nexus will, in my opinion, see you through.

Going to load this up with Nic Salt over the weekend. As I mostly vape 0 nic, sometimes 3 and 6 when I feel like tripping out, I'm not sure how well this experiment will go... pray for me.

Not my cup of tea but am sure it will be for others as seems decent enough. How is the mouthpiece on it?

Not my cup of tea but am sure it will be for others as seems decent enough. How is the mouthpiece on it?

I like it. Fits my mouth/lips perfectly. I just place the very top portion into my mouth and that allows me to create enough of a draw.

thanks for your thoughts .... I quite like the design and love the colour. :)

thanks for your thoughts .... I quite like the design and love the colour. :)

As I mentioned, my only issue is with the Temperature button. Aesthetically I can't fault it. Feels really good in the hand too.

Back
Top Bottom