What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Vaporesso LUXE & SKRR tank

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Alright ladies and gents, not forgetting those non binary and gender neutral apes out there

So, Ella over @Sourcemore kindly sent over the the @Vaporesso Luxe and the oddly named SKRR tank kit, these can be purchased separately should either tickle your fancy
https://www.sourcemore.com/vaporesso-luxe-220w-kit-with-skrr-tank-8ml-iris.html
luxe.jpg

Only truthful opinions, that are my own, as usual…. Shock horror some companies don’t seem to like that lol, Oh and I do use the device for a week at least, not just look at it and chuck a review up

In ze box you will find….. (if you buy the non tpd kit)
Luxe mod
SKRR tank
2 coils, 1 preinstalled
A 8ml bubble glass preinstalled
Spare 5ml straight glass
Oringys
Silicone bubble tank condom #safevaping

I’ll start with the tank, oh its just a sub tank?, well yes and no , but more yes really. vaporesso seem to of actually put a little thought into their tank, do you hear that smok?

Vaporesso have implemented a “child lock system” on this tank, this works by having a screw in drip and the top fill will only open if the tip is unscrewed, not groundbreaking but a nice touch, you won’t be able to use your own tips though unfortunately, unless you have some short stemmed, oringed 810s handy, then the lock wont work

The other aspect of this tank where there is something a little different is within the coilheads. There is a little, for want of a better word, bullet shaped piece in the middle of the coil, this serves to direct the air at the coil rather than just straight up through the middle and does seem to work well, no dry hits of leaking either

The included coils are 2 of the new “QF” coils, the “QF meshed” and “QF stripped” to me these are just 2 different variations of a mesh coil, with the shape of the holes in the mesh being different. These 2 coils also use a flax cotton mix in their wicking ,(the third coil in the range is the ”gt ccell” traditional cotton but a ceramic heating element, not included and I personally wouldn’t want to use that tbh)

The tank has performed really well, great flavour from the “stripped” coil, coil life has also been impressive as I’m still using the same coil head with over 120ml of juice through it in a week, with no drop off in flavour, mesh coils certainly seem to be the way with sub tanks

The Luxe mod

The Luxe is a dual 18650 220w with a centred 510, which will comfortably house you up to about 26mm atties, 28s suck as the triple will slightly over hang. The device comes in 7 different colourway options, there should be one for everyone’s tastes.

It is really well made, feels sturdy, no rattles etc and good in the hand with no sharp corners or bad machining, the black frame has what feels like an anodised finish, and is a bit of a weighty bugger

This mod houses the new updated omni 4.0 board with a large 2 inch tft colour screen and capacitive touch buttons, the 2 white dots being your navigation and the “V” being your select button, it is not a full touch screen mod.

(Also this mod has a vibrate function for you pleasure, which provides feeback from button presses and menu selections this can be turned off)

3 clicks of the fire button will lock/unlock your adjustment buttons, and 3 taps of the ”v” will get you in the menu or you can hold it , that works to.The screen is auto locked when the fire button is pressed to prevent you messing with your settings

I have been a fan of the omni series of boards for a while, they just perform really well, power delivery and their features just seem to work and the 4.0 is no different. There’s a few different power modes to choose from

VW mode, this mode is your standard wattage with power intensity based on your resistance
SP - super player mode, this ones for the pimps out there, allows the resistance range to be lowered to 0.03
VT - variable temperature
VV - variable voltage, I do like the addition of this mode, used to be a staple on most mods a while back
CCW - custom curve wattage, #playwithyourvape , can also do that in voltage mode
BP bypass
SMART - this function according to the specs “can change the intensity according to the resistance” basically a little more punch for the lower builds
AUTO - automatically switches to either hard or standard and a recommended start watts pre selected based on coil resistance

And breathe after that list , jeez

The board performs awesome, it’s the quickest firing mod I’ve used and it’s consistent to, the plethora of modes could seem a little daunting I suppose, but it shouldn’t be there’s no real faff involved it’s either on or off tbh.

A lot these modes seem to offer round about the same things, and I haven’t noticed a huge difference as I vape around the same resistance in whatever I use, this could definitely change when a wider range of attys and resistances are used.

For example in standard wattage with the smart and auto turned off, the seems a little more immediate, but in reality I doubt it’s even noticeable

Within the specs of the mod it states 2.5 amp capable on board charging, I did charge the mod once via the onboard however it seems to be 2.5 combined charging which means that’ll be split between the 2 cells so, no super fast charging and it does get quite warm

My only slight niggle with this mod is the big screen, or should I say use of the screen, the space is somewhat wasted the relevant info could do with being bigger, sticking with the screen it seems to have zero impact on battery life if the brightness is turned all the way down or not, smart features on or off, I still averaged 250 ish puffs at 75w, and despite the somewhat reflective covering is still readable in bright conditions

All in all I would highly recommend the mod and or tank, If you like the look of them, you won’t be disappointed

Cheers for reading

And thanks again to @Sourcemore

Last edited:
great review mate.
ive had one on order for around 3 weeks but still not dispatched from FT yet. the coils turned up yesterday though but no tank to put them in.

great review mate.
ive had one on order for around 3 weeks but still not dispatched from FT yet. the coils turned up yesterday though but no tank to put them in.

cheers mate, warn your juice reserves for when the tank turns up ;) hope you like it

Good review, does the back cover come off for the batteries, is it held on with magnets, or they inserted into the base?

Good review, does the back cover come off for the batteries, is it held on with magnets, or they inserted into the base?

yeah the back cover comes off , held with 3 sturdy magnets, forgot to add that lol

nice, vaporesso seem to make really good gear
Yeah got the armour pro too great mods liking them both armour pro for out and about and polar at home but they both seem to be coming with me where ever I go lol, armour pro slightly less firing time but polar is instant loving both

Back
Top Bottom