What's new

The Raptor Tank from Vapour World

Digicig

Postman
Digicig’s Disclaimer:
I purchased this with my own dollars - the opinion represented here is solely mine, having had experience of many different types of 'Misers', and is in no way an opinion shared by this Forums Owners, Administrators or Moderators - unless they have also tried the product and coincidentally and independently come to the same conclusions - which is quite frankly unlikely. I present my Opinion Here as Honestly as i am able, but do accept that a degree of 'Poetic Licence' may have accidentally snuck in ;)

th_RaptorBoxback.jpg

Name: Raptor Tank
Type: 6ml ‘Clearomiser’ type tank with Replaceable Atomiser Cores
Vendor: Vapour World
Where: UK
Cost: 16.95 GBP + P+P
Capacity: 6ml Real: 7+ ml – but may flood if too much over 6ml.
Drip Tip/Mouthpiece: Stardust/Vision eGo type + Spare whistle tip (flat)
PG/VG: The Raptor has different ‘Cores’ for SR/LR and PG/VG
Fill Method: ‘Spikey Thing’ or similar – same as the Stardust/Vision eGo
Breaking In: Recommended at 3.2-3.4v – at least for 1st 2ml
Tank: A very Solid Polycarbonate – so be aware that some juice won’t be ‘good’
Relative Size: Looks Big on a 650 eGo Twist – Good on me GLV-XL Mini
Colour: Clear
Potential Longevity: With the right Juice – should be good
Recoilable: Should be possible – sure a how to will appear Dreckly!

What's In the Box?
The site says:
1 – Raptor Tank
1 – eGo Battery Integrator / Adapter
1 – Extra Raptor 6ml Atomizer Core
1 – Extra Mouthpiece
1 - Spare Core Anchor O-Ring
All neatly boxed.

th_Raptor-WhatsintheBox.jpg

th_RaptorInstructions.jpg

The Vape

(having run at 3.2V for a ml on an eGo Twist + 18mg Joker French Pipe)
On me Kicked GLV-XL mini at 5W, using the PG SR ‘Core’
th_RaptorGLV-XLmini.jpg

Vapour Production: More than acceptable (especially for 1st fill) – would hope it improves with ‘Breaking in’ tho
Flavour: Better than a Carto Tank – should improve tho
Throat Hit: About the same as a Stardust/Vision eGo - medium
Texture: Slightly ‘thinner’ than using the same juice (18mg Joker French Pipe) in my GoTank
Wicking: Good
Gurgliness: Getting the odd Gurgle – few quick sucks and it goes tho.

Using the VG SR ‘Core’ and 80/20 VG/PG Digi’s Nutty Pipe
Vapour Production: Good and looking more impressive as it Breaks in.
Flavour: Less discerned than the PG ‘Core’ – partly Breaking In and Partly the VG
Throat Hit: OK – I always expect less TH with VG
Texture: ‘Thicker’ than the PG ‘Core’ – I’m liking this a lot.
Wicking: Surprisingly Good – no dry spots yet
Gurgliness: Bit – but again suck through it and it clears – less than on PG

Shape of the Vape: Pretty good so far – prefer the VP and Texture from VG juice, the Flavour and TH from PG – both have their advantages and will become more evident once Broken In

The Waffle
When speaking of the Raptor Tank, I can’t help but immediately think of a 6ml Stardust/Vision v2 Clearomiser. The looks have a similarity, they share a mouthpiece (literally I checked), and the ml markings on the body.

It performs similarly to a Stardust, delivering a reliably Good Vape – tho had a couple of minor issue with the VG Tank – I’ll expand more in me upcoming vid

Having tried the Apollo Tank – which is also a 6ml Replaceable Head Clearomiser type – I’ve got to say that while the more ‘Space Age’ styling of the Apollo is nice – the Gurgliness (me pet peeve) was too annoying to me.

Apollo Tank, VW Raptor and Vision V2
th_ApolloTankRaptorVisionv2.jpg

Summary
Cons:
The Raptor threads onto the outside of an eGo threads – so requires a 510-eGo adapter for use (or an eGo battery)

Looks HUGE on a 650mAh eGo battery
th_Raptoron650Twist.jpg

Large 6ml Capacity – so for heavy Vapers or those that stick to one juice or can afford more than one –

Polycarbonate can be ‘damaged’ (i.e. crack or leak) with certain juices (ECF’s List of ‘Bad’ Juices or ‘types’)

Pros:
6ml Capacity – ideal for Heavy Vapers or those that tend to stick to one juice

The Raptor Tank is made from a rigidly rugged seeming Polycarbonate – that’s clear, making it easy to see thy juice level.

The Raptor Base has a long screw type thread, so is very secure (though still make sure that thee aren’t unscrewing the base rather than the Tank – it also seems to be well ‘sealed’ with many O-rings: on the mouthpiece hole as well as the base.

It comes with a Spare Core, an extra Mouthpiece and O-rings – just in case

It arrived in a very nice Presentation Box – I got an extra Tank – thanks Paula – see photos

Value for Money:
The Raptor, if the ‘cores’ last as long as the Stardust’s (10 days +), should be good value – as long as thee avoid the Juices listed on ECF (UKV had a list but unfortunately now inaccessible). I’ve already dropped me XL-mini with it on a couple of times with no damage, which has scrapped a few misers. With the packaging, spare ‘Core’, Mouthpiece and O-rings, it certainly seems Good Value.

It’s too early to tell yet – the PG Tank is certain performing very well do far and the replacement ‘Cores’ are certainly reasonably priced at 2.45 GBP – in fact, Vapour World have spares so that, like Trigger’s Broom it could last a Long Time.

Do like the look of their alternative mouthpieces on the VW site too.

For me the Core's need to last a couple of weeks, the performance will hopefully improve, would prefer a cleaner flavour and the Gurgliness needs to stay occasional or disappear - but that's just me being pedantic

Addendum:
Thought about the Gurgliness and thought i'd try Lord Davon's mod from the Phoenix/CE3 Xl's - and try shortening the Wicks = less juice to the coil.
Seems to be working and Wicking Fine and definitely less Gurgles
View attachment 26

Last edited:
Thank thee OS - must say tis barely possible to do a complete review with only 4 images, linkies or smileys - no room to really show stuff or add a video too :blue:

Back
Top Bottom