What's new

Review Pugsley's inspired by Pugsley review of the Stentorian AT-7 Mod

Steampugs

Vendor
'Inspired by' .......

You could go into a car garage and the salesman could walk up to you and try and sell you a red 4 door family saloon by saying it's 'inspired by' Ferrari ....

"How is it inspired by Ferrari?"

"Well sir.....it's red......"

CicYSDN.gif

"So you're trying to sell me a car with the promise that it's inspired by Ferrari......because it's red....??"

"And......it's got wheels......and erm......you can drive it......on the road.....like a Ferrari....a red one..... sir....."

X8DMTE2.gif

".................and does it have a V12 race tuned engine?"

".......no sir.........2 litre diesel.....but it does have an engine....and so does a Ferrari"

RO4dbqp.gif

Literally.....most manufacturers presume that the vast majority of consumers are this guy......stupid...(I totally am by the way let's just put that out there....I am a salesman's wet dream....and not in a sexy way)

And it would appear.....that this way of thinking is starting to leak into our precious vape market, Is it immoral?....maybe.....deceitful?....perhaps.....but you could also call it thinking outside the box, something I am very much a fan of by the way.....whatever it is, and whatever you think about it......the item I am reviewing today is positively dripping with it.....
........................................................................................................................

Hello once again my sweet steam sucking space cadets, Today I have yet another collaboration for your worthy attention, only this time between 2 different vape companies, (because that always goes so well) Stentorian.....bit of an enigma, I had heard originally that they designed the mod we are looking at today out in California....yet the only information I can unearth is that Shenzhen Stentorian Technology Co Ltd are actually a trademark of Wotofo....the other company in this collaboration....and it's Wotofo that apparently were responsible for the manufacturing and distribution...so as ever...when researching companies in China...I have come away utterly confused. My guess....Wotofo create another company (Stentorian) Trademark it, then feed it with Wotofo's vast resources, people under the Stentorian umbrella then go to silicone valley, find a design team that build custom gaming computers....and voilà ....What you get is a Wotofo mod....that is 'Inspired by' a custom water cooled PC....somewhere in California.....maybe...

Courtesy of my long standing gluttons for punishment Heavengifts ..The Stentorian (All Tech) AT-7

m0Zllii.jpg

Firstly, I'll tell you what it is......The Stentorian AT-7 is a 3500mah lipo powered device capable of giving out 100 watts.....It has an auto detect function that reads whatever you put on it and gives you the optimal setting that it thinks gives you the best vape, It's also choc full of safety features to insure that everything goes swimmingly, It charges in 2 hours and is powered by an American made AT Chipset....simples.

The design of the AT-7 is 'inspired by' the world of top end custom gaming computers with a clear perspex window on both sides making an apparent 'water cooling' system visible on the front accompanied by a few nice looking LED lights and a plethora of microchips, processors and general circuit wizardry on the rear.....and...as far as being modelled on a custom PC goes...it pulls it off rather well...

hskx9lX.jpg

Now....when this device first did the rounds on social media and various other forums I for one was completely taken in by the 'First water cooled vape mod' sales pitch that was being flaunted around the place, I was actually gobsmacked truth be told...."What a completely fucking mental idea!.....having liquid inside a high powered vaping device?!?...what could possibly go wrong...???".....I thought to myself....

TpxSQJU.gif

All the while schmoozing with my suppliers to get hold of one....I just had to have it....I have an inner geek that collapses on the floor inconsolable at the mere thought of owning a device such as this....unfortunately...this inner geek also happens to be a gullible idiot that could be sold literally anything with a catchy sales pitch....because...unfortunately...the whole thing....was a load of big fat swinging ....

6mwpeZr.gif

Using the term 'Inspired by' in the pre-sales pitch you see....is exactly that.....inspired by.

PU5tqIo.jpg

We've seen this approach before of course with the Smoant RAbox, And I had a similar reaction when I first clapped eyes on that too...."An open chassis??.....with exposed electronics???...what could possibly go wrong???...I want's it...." ....but at least on the RAbox it did serve a purpose....kind of...

All the pipework you can see...the apparent 'cooling system'...is I'm afraid.. all just for show....you can take this thing apart and the water cooling pipes are just some plastic chrome plated pipes glued to another piece of plastic...it's totally fake and serves no purpose...other than aesthetics.

iGckt3b.gif

As is the circuitry in the rear window....just like it was on the RAbox, except with the RAbox the idea was that it was kinda dangerous lookin...risky...open to the elements....shouldn't be done, and I guess you could argue that having a liquid cooling system in a high powered electrical device is equally as 'dangerous' .....but it just....doesn't feel like it....I'm not saying dangerous is good...far from it...but the 'feeling' of dangerous, even though you know it's safe(ish) can hold a certain appeal to some people...

FaD6vfo.jpg

But this...doesn't...it just looks kinda cool.

So now that that's out of the way....the fact that it's all just a load of bollocks...let's take a look at what is actually real on the AT-7 in terms of being a 100w lipo powered vaping device that looks unique.....and it really does look unique regardless....you can't take that away from it.

For starters this thing is big, pretty much exactly the same size and dimensions as a RAbox...

KKaEPCt.jpg

1baCJ5X.jpg

Pocket friendly this thing certainly isn't, As a desktop mod though...different matter...

30opxnl.jpg

It's clearly marketed towards the kind of people that like to spend their spare time throwing vast amounts of cash at their over powered absolutely bang up to date technologically supreme to anyone else's gaming computer...

bmiP0TU.gif

And that also happen to.....vape.....

You see it's a fan mod, Your main interest will be computers and not actually vaping, sure you vape...but you don't vape-vape....because if you did....you'd probably hate this mod....computers however.....make you want to wobble your joystick....

kkZx38I.gif

No Control!.....none....whatsoever, not even a screen to tell you what it's doing, in fact the only information it gives you is whether the battery is charged....needs charging...or there's a fault, with lights. White good...whitey bluey colour (??) needs charging ...and red...

f1btGi4.gif

It's unhappy.

Like I mentioned earlier it has an auto detect system, meaning...whatever top you screw into it's head it will decipher the settings and adjust accordingly giving you what it thinks you want....you have zero input other than your coil choice.

This alone will totally fuck with seasoned vaper's, How can anything choose the right settings for something as subjective as vaping...I mean I'm the first to admit....I have been known to struggle making the correct wise decision from time to time...

ZtPSPmO.gif

But as far as how I like to vape well....

CrQvilT.gif

And the AT-7 is...well.....wrong....a lot....I'm sure it's intentions are true and it means well but for the best part..

3l5Xwkb.gif

And I am afraid this review runs out of room here on POTV...I do apologise...kinda got carried away with myself, If you would like to carry on reading then please feel free to hop on over to my house.....Just follow this link...

http://www.steampugs.co.uk/pugsleys-steampugs-inspired-review-of-the-stentorian-st-7-mod/

See you there!

Back
Top Bottom