What's new

Review Mi-pod

bellyman

Veteran
Bought and paid for with my own money, so this is my opinion, not POTVs.

A bit of background - Started vaping around 4 years ago on a CE4, MTL vape style, 24mg juice.
Fastforward a bit - Done the sub ohm, stupid power, low builds thing at 3mg.
Got sick of the crazy juice consumption, carrying tissues everywhere, spare batteries, juice etc etc.
Upped my nic to 18mg, restricted lung hits on a +0.5ohm coil. Juice consumption went from 60ml a day to 10ml, phew!
But there must be an easier way to get my nic hit than this?

Now another bugbear with me is the size of mods with RTA's. They just dont fit in your pocket and if you do manage to wedge it in your jeans, within 2 minutes your walking around 'gansta stylie' because of the weight of the thing. I tried the mech tube route but they were always more of a at home thing for me.
Squonking improved the situation, reducing the size of the whole package, but I dunno, maybe I have vape fatigue, but Im bored off the faff.
I probably would have continued squonking my 18mg juice indefinatly if I hadnt been turned onto nicotine salts, this has opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me! I wont get into the where's or how's (TPD folks, so 20mg only in the EU) but I got hold of some 50mg nic salts, then realised that all of my vape gear would blow my head off!
Yes, I could have built something suitable with the gear I have but I wanted something small, light and portable. You know, something as easy as, dare I say.......a cigarette!!!
Time to search for something else to deliver this nicotine bomb!

The first candidate to arrive in my letterbox was this rather fine looking fellow, the Mi-pod...
mi-pod-smoking-vapor-8-800x800.jpg

A funky little device that fits nicely in my shirt pocket, with colours to keep both the girls and boys happy.
mipod.jpg

Spend a couple of quid extra and you can go all disco or snakeskin or whatever they will think of next...
mi-pod_cat_bannerUPDATED4_1_aab05230-6830-4b40-8347-6248969e7eb3_1024x1024.jpg

The stats dont look too bad for a pod system either.

Mi-Pod_info_breakdown.jpg

In the box there are two pods with a 1.2ohm coil and a lanyard to hang around your neck, if thats your thing.

Pod primed with 50mg salts and left to stand for a minute or 5 (I dont want to burn out that wick, pods arent cheap!).
thff.jpg

The battery is full straight out of the box, so lets see what this little puppy will do...Im not expecting much...

Bear in mind im a lung hitter so I just took a toot as I normally would and it was restricted, but I could lung hit with it.
A few seconds later........WOW :11: I had a nic rush just like I'd smoked my first cigarette, and not in the bad way either. One more toot and I was done, my nicotine cravings satisfied.

Not much of a review so far, Ive only had two toots and I dont want to vape anymore...........wait, what? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Maybe I shouldnt be lung hitting this 50mg salty stuff...?
I know........lets try something daft and smoke it like a cigarette :27:
Nope, too airy.
Didnt I read somewhere in the box that it was a DL and MTL pod?
Time to investigate the pod..
mi pod pod.jpg
mi pod pods.jpg

Nope nothing obvious there. I guess I had better read the manual properly, bugger! :read:
Ah, found it. A teeny tiny, almost invisible in the package, little plastic 'horse shoe' device that you put in the side air hole to restrict it.
Popped the pod back in and tooted a mtl toot. Then another, then 3 or 4 more and I was done. Just like the old days but I didnt smell like an ashtray :woot: I used it all day and the battery lasted.
Im now on day 4 with this thing and I havent picked up a mod and vaped (as I used to) since I got it o_O
The real test is, how long do the pods last? I will let you know when this first one dies.

Pros
Small
Lightweight
fast charging
Battery life seems good
Discreet
Decent quality
You can restricted lung hit it
Its got the dual fuelling wife off the fags!

Cons
Its a very loose MTL hit, die hards will complain
Pods cost £3.50 each
The tip gets too hot

Would I buy another?
Yes.........I did, the wife wants one now :D
Would I buy another if I wasnt vaping nic salts?
No.

I dont know if I just reviewed the device or the nic salts or both :thumbsup:
If your interested in the device, I got mine from Vape Club for £36.99. 2 Extra pods cost £7.
Nic salts up to 20mg can be bought in the EU or up to 50mg from the USA (at your own risk).
My juice consumption has gone from 10ml to 1-2ml a day...
When the next pod system arrives, I'll give my thoughts about it, but I suck at this :swearing:

Great review sir.

The only pod system I have is the Breeze 2, which is a great kit. But I have been wanting to get my hands on one of these (I like the colours and I am a magpie for anything pink)

Great review. It sounds tempting this one, a bit pricey for a pod but maybe worth it if the quality is good.

No.

Thanks for the review, I'm interested in the bit above, can you elaborate? ..... that that because with an 18mg liquid you'd be vaping it more and the battery wouldn't last or just because it wouldn't be producing enough vapor for a satisfactory vape for you at 18mg ?

Interesting actually, because I prefer 12 or 18mg freebase nic in the sourin air. I’ve not really been using salt nic so much in it. I’m going to try it at 72mg soon.

Great review. It sounds tempting this one, a bit pricey for a pod but maybe worth it if the quality is good.

This was the most expensive pod system Ive bought, but its given me a benchmark for reviewing purposes.

No.

Thanks for the review, I'm interested in the bit above, can you elaborate? ..... that that because with an 18mg liquid you'd be vaping it more and the battery wouldn't last or just because it wouldn't be producing enough vapor for a satisfactory vape for you at 18mg ?

It'll produce the vapour if 18mg scratches your itch. I would kill the battery tooting it to death, or melt my lips.
These things shine with nic salts though. I will even stick my neck out and say I would rather toot 20mg salts than freebase nic.

Great review sir.

The only pod system I have is the Breeze 2, which is a great kit. But I have been wanting to get my hands on one of these (I like the colours and I am a magpie for anything pink)

You wont want to see this then :D
exclusive_pink.jpg

A Breeze 2 will be with me next week.
I think for reviewing purposes I will reduce the nic to 20mg salts, thats more of a real world test.

Back
Top Bottom