What's new

Innokin Plex Tank vs Scion

Tazz

Legend
Thought I'd put this up as I had done with the 2 Scions.
So got the Plex tank. Uses the same coils as the Scion 1 and 2, the Plexus mesh.
Tank itself looks wonderful. I got the Blue version and love the look.
There are some differences though other than the look so thought they would be worth a mention.
The air vents are a bit bigger than the Scion 2, which is good as I reckon the ones on the 2 were too small and restrictive for such beasty coils as the Plexus are. Not as big as the Scion 1 though which were perfect. The 1 vents were roughly 15mm, the 2 are 9mm and the Plex 11. These are rough not precise but give a good idea to the differences.
As much as my preference is for the Scion 1 size vents I do find the Plex acceptable. No problems.
The Plex Tank though is a bit shorter actual glass tank wise though and parts are not interchangeable like they were with the 1 and 2. Put the glass from a Scion 1 on it and they wont fit/do up fully. Bummer, I was hoping to create a Frankentank using the original Scion base with the Plex top, cant be done. :sleepy:
The top slide fill on the Plex is firmer, which is good as the Scion 2 was a little too easy to open. But being firmer it could be too much so for people with arthritis or similar dexterity issues. Also, the gap between the fill port and the coil top is now smaller. On the original Scion and the 2 you could squeeze the crap out of your plastic bottle of juice and quick fill it like a high flow diesel pump! The Plex wont allow for that now. I tried a Gorilla bottle and as the tip couldn't be inserted deep enough it overflowed badly unless I squeezed in slow mo. With a narrow needle type tip bottle you can insert it further in and it's better. At first with the narrow tiped bottle I filled it at a normal gentle rate, all ok. But as I later found out you cant do that high flow diesel style fill with that either as you'll still get overflow due to the reduced gap between the fill port and coil top. I found, and really you shouldn't need to do this, that pushing the tip in and holding it on an outward angle, the base of the bottle, allowed for an easier fill.
Im pretty ruthless on my personal appraisal of gear and wont sugar coat it. This fill system for that reason is flawed and should not be repeated by Innokin. I use 65vg 35 pg mixes. I imagine slower flowing 70 plus vg filling this tank could be a pain, especially in colder weather when juice viscosity is thicker and slower flowing not being able to drain down fast enough. I have worked out quickly enough personally the best way to fill it without mess but you shouldn't need to do that with a so called "easy fill" system should you!
Another point worth mentioning is that being smaller, glass tank wise, the capacity is reduced a bit. Kind of. The Scion 1 came with an extra 6 ml capacity glass, the 2 with a 5ml (thereabouts) this Plex is a 4 ml with its, as standard, semi bubble glass tank.
I still wish they had built on the Scion 1 tanks strengths, large capacity if required, option to open those monster vents right up and being able to fast fill it without worry or thought.
I do like this Plex though with its only real niggle being you have to watch how fast you fill it. Stupid design flaw really.
Everything else about it im happy with. It came with two coils, the Tripple .13 mesh and the single .15 mesh. I tried the Tripple first but found comparing it to the single .15 I much prefered the single so have changed it out for that. Not a fan of multiple core coils really, but that's just me. :hmm: mmm, I did say everything else I was happy with didn't I!
That's it, good tank but has a potentially not so easy, easy fill system. And those .15 coils :thumbup:
This is it anyway.
innokin_plex_tank_-_blue.jpg

My misses response was "what!? you got another tank!?"
IMG_20180131_154216_298.jpg

Mine was.....
tenor.gif

"It must have been delivered to me by accident!"

This was what happened to me after having told her that......
Misshapen-Mr-Potato-Head-685x513.jpg

:sleepy: seriously, she has no sense of humour!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom