What's new

Ijoy captain elite rta + no atomizer fix!

red5

Achiever
I recently got the ijoy captain elite rta system and thought I'd try my hand at a mini review after using it for a few weeks.
It comes nicely packaged in a plastic/crystal case with a cardboard outer sleeve.
IMG_0408.JPG

A list of the contents is on the back as you would expect.
IMG_0407.JPG

Before we move onwards though I should point out one flaw with this tank. Yep get ready to see this image A LOT!
IMG_0395.JPG

The tank steadfastly refused to work on most of my mods, and One mod I did get it to work on now has a dose of atty rash because I had to crank the sucker down so hard to get it to register. The culprit appears to be an extremely short, almost recessed 510 pin.
IMG_0396.JPG

A little poking around showed the pin to be removable...
IMG_0388.JPG

further investigation revealed that the deck was also simply screwed into the base, here it is broken down into its parts.
IMG_0390.JPG

My thoughts at this point were "this looks more like a sub-tank with a rebuildable head rather than a true rta" (3fvape have in fact listed a new kit with the elite today which includes a pre-built coil) and "can I fix this bloody 510 pin".
Off to the vape cupboard to look for a suitable victim, I mean donor...
IMG_0398.JPG

I found that the pin from an old uwell Rafaele looked like it might fit the bill, its roughly the same size and a fraction longer, don't forget to make sure you put the plastic insulator from the ijoy on the pin though as shown below.
IMG_0393.JPG

This seemed to fix the problem, at least for most mods.. it still refuses to register on some, but it's certainly more reliable like this. I think it goes without saying you absolutely should NOT be using this tank on any sort of mech mod though!
What attracted me to the tank was the side airflow shown here in mr blurry cam mode (sorry!)
IMG_0391.JPG

A quick "bow tie and tuck" wicking method seems to work a treat for this tank and I've had no leaks or dry hits...
IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

Filling is done by sliding the top cap, however due to the recessed gasket needle nose bottles are pretty much required, and I'd advise patience to as filling too quickly often ends in disaster.
IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

Even on successful fills you'll almost always end up with a dribble of eliquid on the cap when you slide it shut so I'd advise you have some paper towel handy.

And here she is ready to vape:
IMG_0400.JPG

So what are my final thoughts...

It's a great tank with really good flavor let down by a couple of design flaws (the crap 510 pin, and the poor filling mechanism), but if you can live with those you won't be disappointed.

Hope everyone likes this and finds some of the info helpful, particularly the 510 pin solution.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom