What's new

MTL Nautilus Mesh Coil

Quick Update:
Tested the coil with an 85/Max VG liquid. To put it’s through it’s paces, I opened it up and used it in DTL mode. I have to say the results were impressive, it seemed the coil came into its stride at this point. The vapour product was by the best of any stock coil hybrid of this type that I have tried or seen. Probably akin to the Atlantis and not a million miles behind the Original Crown.

In terms of wicking, it was keeping up. I have it 5x big DTL hits with a 5 second gap between. It showed no sign of drying, this isn’t surprising as the amount of cotton in this coil compared to other Nautilus coils is substantially less, so the liquid has less distance to travel and less density to penetrate.

However, it changes the conclusion slightly - if you like to use the Nautilus 2s in DTL mode, then this may well be the coil for you and certainly beats the 0.4 coil included in the original kit.

As a further comparison, my order of a Zlide with the 3D mesh turned up. Now unless the break-in period is tragic, there is no comparison. All I get from it is a flavourless cloud.

I've just got the Nautilus mesh coils and put one in a Kabuki, my usual 9mg juice and it nearly blew my head off, have you found you need to drop the nic strength with these coils. I put in some 3mg juice and it's good will have to buy some more lower nic juice now.

I've just got the Nautilus mesh coils and put one in a Kabuki, my usual 9mg juice and it nearly blew my head off, have you found you need to drop the nic strength with these coils. I put in some 3mg juice and it's good will have to buy some more lower nic juice now.

Is the flavour any better than other Nautilus coils Quincy?

Is the flavour any better than other Nautilus coils Quincy?
Yes I think it is although it's early days yet I was just surprised how much of a throat hit I got from my usual juice. I will try one in my Billet Box and see how that goes although not sure now what strength juice to use, I have only a small amount of 3mg and all my shortfills are made up to 9mg maybe I will order some more juice in 3mg would be nice to drop my nic level sometimes.

Yes I think it is although it's early days yet I was just surprised how much of a throat hit I got from my usual juice. I will try one in my Billet Box and see how that goes although not sure now what strength juice to use, I have only a small amount of 3mg and all my shortfills are made up to 9mg maybe I will order some more juice in 3mg would be nice to drop my nic level sometimes.

Keep us posted. Thanks

Just thought I would share an update:
Had the new coils going for another 2 weeks and have tried other juices as a result I’ve noticed a few other points worth sharing:

1) Longevity
The coils are lasting about a week for me, this may be good for some vapers, but it’s worth noting that I would typically get 2 weeks out of the 1.8 and .7 coils, so unfortunately it seems the coils don’t last as long. I tried cleaning the coil, but without success (no surprise there). I believe this is because there is comparatively little cotton in these coils and the cotton they have used is pretty dense. As a result, it doesn’t take too long for the cotton to become gunked and ineffective.

2) Break-In Period
Whilst other nautilus coils had about a 5ml break-in period to reach their peak, it isn’t particularly noticeable. With these mesh coils, it is very noticeable. The first few mls are noticeably underwhelming, but by the 3rd or 4th tank, the coil hits its’ stride. Again, I would suggest this is because of the density of the cotton, rather than the quantity of wicking

3) Flavour
Though I was initially impressed with the flavour, but felt it was lacking sweetness. I have come to realise it is bringing out a greater range of the flavour, with many liquids simply tasting ‘better’. This is of course subjective, but I found my Cream & Biscuit flavour very interesting; in all other tanks and RTAs the cream flavour tastes like it slightly on the turn, thus it lacks its moorish quality, with the mesh coil, it just doesn’t taste off at all. It’s moorish, the quality missing from all other tanks. In fact every liquid I have ran through has a strong, broad and deep flavour that is very addictive. I am finding I am vaping more - just to get that flavour again.

Just thought I would share an update:
Had the new coils going for another 2 weeks and have tried other juices as a result I’ve noticed a few other points worth sharing:

1) Longevity
The coils are lasting about a week for me, this may be good for some vapers, but it’s worth noting that I would typically get 2 weeks out of the 1.8 and .7 coils, so unfortunately it seems the coils don’t last as long. I tried cleaning the coil, but without success (no surprise there). I believe this is because there is comparatively little cotton in these coils and the cotton they have used is pretty dense. As a result, it doesn’t take too long for the cotton to become gunked and ineffective.

2) Break-In Period
Whilst other nautilus coils had about a 5ml break-in period to reach their peak, it isn’t particularly noticeable. With these mesh coils, it is very noticeable. The first few mls are noticeably underwhelming, but by the 3rd or 4th tank, the coil hits its’ stride. Again, I would suggest this is because of the density of the cotton, rather than the quantity of wicking

3) Flavour
Though I was initially impressed with the flavour, but felt it was lacking sweetness. I have come to realise it is bringing out a greater range of the flavour, with many liquids simply tasting ‘better’. This is of course subjective, but I found my Cream & Biscuit flavour very interesting; in all other tanks and RTAs the cream flavour tastes like it slightly on the turn, thus it lacks its moorish quality, with the mesh coil, it just doesn’t taste off at all. It’s moorish, the quality missing from all other tanks. In fact every liquid I have ran through has a strong, broad and deep flavour that is very addictive. I am finding I am vaping more - just to get that flavour again.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to receiving mine now

Just popped one in the Nautilus 2s on a mech 18350 pipe, new battery and Lancashire Steam Vape Gin Bramble juice at 6mg 50/50 pg vg
Airflow open 3 holes.
Very nice :):)
Thanks for the review Chris

@quincey43 have tried 12mg with these coils and..... Jeez it's unvapable. Have found some 6mg tucked away. Will give that a go

Back
Top Bottom