What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sub Ohm Geek Vape Zeus Tank

Tazz

Legend
Hi all. Firstly I would like to thank Cortana from HealthCabin for sending me this Zeus tank for review. The following are my thoughts and experiences whilst using it and may differ from other's.

The Zeus Tank.
ON SOLO.jpg

Ok, the Zeus is a 5ml, top air flow, leak proof sub ohm tank which incorporates the now ever popular mesh style coils. It stands, screwed onto a mod, from the base to the top of its tip, 51 mm according to my measurement, with the base being 25mm wide. It comes packaged with the usual security "scratch & check" sticker on the outer sleeve of the box and with 2 security seals on either side of the actual box itself. Inside when opened you will find a fold out user manual in various languages and a small envelope containing a warranty card, warning card and another card sporting a picture of the tank and the new Aegis X mod. Also included is a spare coil, a Z1 .4ohm rated 60 to 70 watt, a spare standard size glass (3.5ml), a variety of replacement seals as well as a spanner type coil romoval tool.
Below. Plenty of seals here and that nifty little coil spanner.
SEALS.jpg

Pre installed with the Zeus is a .2 ohm Z2 coil rated 70 to 80 watt.
Air flow is supplied via two air chanels which are incorporated into the coil housing. Air is drawn in through the twin air ports just below the filler cap section, down the chanels into the base and then naturally up through the coil. The coil housing itself is one peice with two ample sized juice ports, or openings, on either side of it allowing for free flow of the juice to the coils. You can easily see the coil wicking ports through these two openings.
Below the air flow intake of the housing.
AIR PORT.jpg

Filling is done by a twist off top, roughly a 1/3 turn, with two kidney shaped fill ports sitting in a recessed moat type area which helps to eliminate the possibilities of spills whilst filling. I have had no issues filling this tank and personally am a fan of the screw of and on fill type systems over the sliders.
FILL PORT.jpg

The Z coils.
The coils that are used here are what has become commonly termed the "plug & play" variety, though myself I prefer the term "plug & use", but that's just me. Anyway, being so they simply are pushed into place and sealed from leaking via 2 seals, one near the top and the other near the base section of the coil itself.
Z2.jpg

The actual sealing is completed upon fitting when you screw the housing fitted with the coil to the tanks base where it is pushed into its final seating. To remove one you simply get a hold of the coils base via the rim using your finger nails or, for those who bite their nails down to nothing or others with dexterity issues, the small coil spanner which will perform the same job. They are easy to remove but do seal well. After using the supplied .2 ohm coil for a good week, it was still going ok too by the way, there was no sign of leaking. All that was there in the base was some typical juice residue that one would expect to see when removing a well used coil. Now in regards to fitting a new coil, dont be worried if when fitting one it seems to not fully go up into the housing, looking like it can be pushed in just a tiny little smidgen more! It will be when you screw the housing onto the base. Just make sure you line up the notching in the housings base with the matching, I'll call them fins, on the base of the actual coil.
COIL SEATED.jpg

So how does this Zeus vape?
Firstly one will notice the small size of these Geek Vape Z coils. They really are small compared to many others out there, and, for this reason to me are not a chain vapers coil. Trying to see how they could handle it saw flavour drop to me on the second immediate draw and almost gone on the third. But allowing 10 or so seconds to wick and it was fine. I'd imagine chain vaping these coils would see them have a significantly reduced lifespan in doing so. I have heard of some saying they dont last long and I suspect in some cases this may be the reason. When I first started vaping I did actually chain vape a fair bit at times but these days dont do that very often unless using something that is capable of handling it. Even when I do I don't chain vape anything like I did back then. Like I said, my coil lasted a good week and was removed simply to try another, not because it was dead. I guess I had put 60 ish ml through it when it was removed. Flavour wise I find this Zeus tank to be well acceptable in that area. If I had to rate it from weak to saturated in flavour I guess I'd rate it a 7 to 8, so lets say 7.5 on my personal taste scale. Using my DIY Raspberry Bilberry Donut it had a good inhale taste with a better nice berry exhale aftertaste. Thumbs up to me. Cloud wise its pretty good too. Not a steam train but not a slouch either. Good decent clouds. Juice consumption wise I'd say it's middle of the road, though the small size of the coils would have you thinking it would be a sipper, its not. But is about average for a mesh type coil. A bit more on percieved consumption warrants a mention a bit further on. Air flow is a little restricted and about the same as the Advken Owl tank in that regard.
Now, what's the difference between the Z1 and Z2 coil?
Well, there isn't a huge difference but there is a small noticeable one. To me I preferred the Z1 .4 ohm coil, it just seemed to taste that little bit better for some reason to me. But again, the difference I found to be very small overall. Some may possibly struggle to see one and that I get as its not a great difference.
Now, stated capacity vs real usable capacity.
Ok, the Zeus is said to have with its larger glass tube, 5ml liquid/juice capacity. Measured using a medical syringe and full to the fill port tops the actual amount (with a pre saturated coil) is 4ml. Filling and allowing a slight gap which most do, see's it at around 3.5ml. Now I mention this as in actual use it can seem the Zeus goes through the juice easily. But when you take into account that you've probably just filled it with 3.5 ml and dont vape to the bottom before filling, leaving around 1 ml when you do decide to refill it, you really have only used 2.5 ml of liquid. This is what I was alluding to when I mentioned above "perceived" usage.
Below the Zeus taken apart.
THE LOT.jpg

To sum it up I'm personally quite happy with this tank and can't really find anything to complain about with it. It is true I am a great fan of wide open air flows but will happily accept a semi restricted one like this as a trade off for a good leak proof, top air flow tank that I can use during outdoors activities. The Zeus fits that description and requirement for me perfectly. So much so that I readily purchased a few packets of coils for it to be used as my new outdoors tank.
COILS.jpg

I guess if there were any negatives it would be for those who like to chain vape using large volumes of liquid and perhaps for those who like a more compact shorter profile tank.
All up I really do like the Zeus. Build qaulity is very good, it vapes well and the coils are well priced. Good one Geek Vape!
Many thanks again to Cortana from HealthCabin for letting me review this great Zeus sub ohm tank.
https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-zeus-tank-5ml-p/22070.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom