What's new

Sub Ohm Freemax Mesh Pro 2

Thank you mate appreciate that!
Yeah 100% got to like what you're vaping mate otherwise it's a waste! They make some cracking products though!

Roll up, roll up...
Hello my fellow vape apes.
Today I'll be reviewing the @Freemaxtech mesh pro 2 tank.

This is my first review and although this is a tank that's been reviewed a 100 times, its my favourite tank of 2020 and one I use every single day. So even if I can help one person make there mind up on what tank they should buy I'll be a happy man.

Having used the freemax mesh Pro and knowing the 1 major fault in it I am hoping they've managed to fix it in this one but time will tell, so let's crack on with the review.

I brought this as part of the maxus 200W kit but will solely concentrate on the tank so included in the box you will receive:

1x mesh pro 2 tank (0.2ohm mesh coil installed)
1 glass tank
1 0.15ohm mesh coil
1 baggy of o rings
1 user manual

Its packaged neatly with all the pieces in there compartments and the first thing that struck me was the the resin detail on the tank, from the drip tip to the indented edges on the airflow ring it all matched perfectly.
When you get it out the packaging it doesn't take long before you remember just how big and hefty this tank is and if I have one word of advice this whole review it would be to purchase a bigger tank for it as the 2ml wont last very long in this beast.

Tank:
Now the most important question FREEMAX have you fixed the dreaded filling mechanism from the original and I am SO happy to say yes they have and what a difference it makes! They've fitted 3 ball bearings to the underside of the push top which makes it so much more secure and your never have to worry about going for a quick vape and ending up with liquid all in your pocket again!
View attachment 232413

The tank itself comes in 6 different colours I got mine in the blue and the detail in the resin is a great standout factor of this tank some of the colours could be abit bold and may not be to everyone's liking but if it vapes the way I hope it will, who cares about colour clashing!
View attachment 232411
The size of the tank is fairly large so wont suit most smaller mods out there but if you're looking for a tank to sit on a dual battery mod this could be perfect for you:
Size: 25×59.8mm (2ml glass) / 30×59.8mm (with bubble glass)
And weights around 60g

Coils:
The first thing I remember thinking is wow these are massive and the wicking ports are huge!!
But then I realised they were different to the original coils so i done some more research and found out that there is,
Another new update to this tank which is the release of a new range of coils which have a SS (Stainless steel) 904L (military grade) mesh heating element and tea fibre cotton, FM Coiltech 4.0 to give a a more stable vaping experience and refreshing flavours, the coils from the original freemax mesh pro are also compatible in the this tank ,so if you've got a long term favourite theres no need to panic!
I got 2 coils in the new range to give my thoughts on but there are 4 new coil which are:
View attachment 232412

I normally vape between 60 and 80W so got myself some M1 and M2 coils as always with these big coils and large wicking holes, i reccomend filling your tank up and letting it sit for at least 15/20 minutes and then starting at a lower wattage and ramping it up in small jumps to make sure of no dry hits and a burnt out coil!!
I used my go to testing juice which is Zeus Juice Black and waited for it to soak in.
I started the M1 at 40W and slowly made my way up to about 62W which is where I found my sweet spot the flavour on this coil is superb and every aspect of the juice is there and it made for a very different experience to any tank I had used before, the flavour is never particularly muted but just gets better and better.

After finishing that tank off and loading up the M2 I quickly got roped in to food shopping and hoovering the house up so this tank had alot longer to sit and soak into the coils
I started this one at 62w my sweet spot on the last and it took about 5 toots before that flavour came through I started making my way up until I hit 77W and bang there it was the sweet taste of dark berry's and a cool exhale it was like I was on a beach in a sunny country until I looked out the window to see pouring rain and even the sheep looking miserable.
On average I'm getting around 2 weeks out of coil vaping all day and the coils not completely gone just the flavour starts to.mute a little but that is always different in each vape.

I've been using this tank for a while now and havent had any bad coils or leaking issues at all.

Now for the important question is it as good or better than the original, for me it's an improvement on brilliance, with the addition to the new sliding top mechanism and a new coil range it's a perfect tank for somebody who wants great flavour and a stock coil sub ohm tank.
For me it's the best stock coil sub ohm tank of 2020 but remember that's only my opinion, if I had one niggle on the whole tank it would be that you have to remove the drip tip when refilling using a larger short fill bottle as its awkward to fit the nozzle in the fill port with the drip tip there , but that doesnt take away anything from this tank.

Thanks for reading and hopefully this can help somebody decide that this tank is for them or not.

Sam
Nice review and thank you. I’ve read it and just gone out to buy one of these as I wanted a new tank. I’ve just filled it up for the first time and so I’m letting it stand. I can’t wait to give it a toot soon!!

You have sold it to me. I love my mesh pro tank, apart from top sliding when in my pocket. I'm going to buy this upgraded version very soon. Thanks for the review.

Back
Top Bottom