What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sub Ohm DOVPO OHMAGE TANK

Tazz

Legend
THE DOVPO OHMAGE TANK

Hi to all. I'd firstly like to thank the wonderfully kind Cortana from Health Cabin for sending me this Tank for review. The following as always are my own personal thoughts and experiences whilst using it and hopefully will aid in helping others to make an informed decision in regards to their vaping needs. These thoughts and experiences may well differ from that of others.
BOX.jpg

THE OHMAGE.
Admittedly when I first saw this tank I was a little perplexed in regards to its overall design and concept. A DTL Sub ohm tank with dual stacked mesh coils with what looks like a MTL air flow! The claims were, or are, that this is designed as a cross over tank, to sit somewhere in between DTL and MTL vaping, and designed for flavour over vapour production. Hence the dual stacked mesh coil design and apparent reduction in air flow which is seen in the adjustment ring which sports just a series of increasing/decreasing sized holes rather than the usual slot style air porting people are used to seeing on dedicated DTL tanks. The Ohmage comes packed with a little more than the usual Inclusion's, the usual being an instruction manual, spare bubble glass, pre installed coil, spare coil and replacement seals you typically get when purchasing a tank. Along with these you also get a Tank disassembly tool for those times when things are a bit tight to undo as well as 3 more coils.
KIT.jpg

I think these inclusions are a thoughtful addition and was pleased to see them amongst the usual packaging. Especially the coils as typically one can cost between $3.50 to $4 plus dollars AUD so its like getting a Tank and a packet of coils as a bonus. Which it is!
The tank disassembly tool below.
TOOL.jpg

The Tank itself, which is 26.5 mm in diameter at the base, appears to be well made with no branding anywhere to be seen on it once fitted on a mod. Everything fits together well with the top which is twist fit, my personal preference, doing up nice and securely. It, the Tank, also comes apart without any great effort as a whole so I guess the Tank Tool is a just in case. One thing I did notice however was a little roughness in the threading when actually doing up and undoing the base. This is more pronounced doing it up with it feeling when you get halfway there that you may have crossed the threading. Here it got raspy and required extra effort to complete. In fact It has me reversing till I feel the thread click to convince me I actually have not cross threaded it just in case before proceeding to tighten it right up. Im pretty sure or hope though that this would ease up after multiple uses.
Filling is nice and easy and the seal when the top is put back on feels nice and firm as you close it. You really can feel it clamp down on that seal when you do so. In all my use there has been zero weeping or signs of leaking around the top seal but when it is removed I keep seeing the entire seal and fill section covered in juice. This of course needs wiping off each time you refill and before you refit the top. The reason for this is that there is no sealing around the actual feed ports, just the very outer and inner section of the contact area.
JUICE.jpg

COILS
The coils for the Ohmage are what Dovpo refers to as Plug and Pull and the type that seems to be gaining much popularity these days. You get two different ohm version coils with the Tank, .2 ohm and .16 ohm. They seem large for the type of vaping the Ohmage delivers but to accommodate the dual stacked mesh I guess this large cylindrical shape was needed to do so. They fit, or seat, into the coil section nice and firmly giving the impression that they seal very well which I believe they do. Saturating them using my usual method of dripping juice into each port until I see the cotton fully saturated took a little longer than usual due to the smallish ports and large amount of cotton contained in them.
There was no wierd break in taste allthough they did take a good tank of juice to get up to speed flavour wise. Flavour itself is ok but not what I was expecting and I'd personally put it around the 5 mark on my personal scale. Cloud production is not huge but Dovpo do state that big cloud production is not what this tank is designed for so one cannot make any complaints in regards to how much vapour is or isn't produced. The difference between the two coils I found to be not hugely different to be honest with the .2 being perhaps just a tiny bit warmer!? But both were overall similar in my opinion just with different ratings. Perhaps others can pick a difference.

AIR FLOW
The first thing you will notice with the Ohmage is the complete absence of large air slots or air flow ports that are typically seen on Sub Ohm DTL tanks. Instead, here you will see just two sections, one each side, consisting of 6 holes each ranging from small to larger. This gives a restricted air flow similar to other tanks closed down by a good 2/3 to 1/4 of their capacity. It is in my opinion quite restricted. But again, Dovpo designed it this way purposely and it should not come as a surprise when using it. Closing it right down gives the ability to use it MTL though it doesn't fully replicate that experience compared to fully designed MTL tanks I have used in the past. It works however doing so nice and smoothly which surprised me when I tried it. Like I stated earlier, it's a Cross Over tank and fits that description perfectly.
JUICE CAPACITY
Juice capacity is stated as being 5.5 ml with the bubble glass but I had trouble at the time finding my straight glass rating. My packaging states it at just 2ml which it clearly isnt. When tested using a syringe with the standard glass fitted the actual capacity was exactly 4ml, with the larger bubble glass the capacity was spot on at 5.5ml.
AN EXPERIMENT
WITHOUT RING.jpg

Now here is something interesting. After looking at the coils size and shape I got to wondering how they would perform with a bit more air flow so I decided to remove the air flow control ring to see what would happen. It is held in place very securely being kind of slotted over a firm rubber seal but after not too much prising I had it off. Looking at the Ohmage now I was greeted with 2 typical sized air flow slots like you would see on just about any dedicated sub ohm DTL tank. Vaping through them now saw a 30% to 40% perhaps increase in air flow, still not like a fully open DTL vape but more akin to your typical tank with the air flow closed half way or thereabouts. But what did or does stand out was the flavour profile increase due to the increased air flow. To me it increased this by a good 40% easy. It was noticeable, no ifs or buts. Now I'm not advising people to do what I did and remove the air flow ring as those buying this will be doing so knowing that it is a fairly restricted draw before hand. My reason was to see if the coils had anything else to offer. And they did.
The Ohmage below minus the air flow ring on the Naboo Mod.
RINGLESS.jpg

So my personal final thoughts on the Dovpo Ohmage Tank.
Ok, this really is a well made Tank. All the seals from the top fill section to the coils themselves seal very firmly and efficiently. You can feel that as you take things apart or remove them then put them back together. The threading on the base or deck though does need to be a bit smoother as online searches have shown it not to be a one of. I highly doubt the top will ever accidentally come undone but it would have been nice to see sealing around the fill ports so as to have a more cleaner fill each time.
The design itself is subdued yet nicely done giving the impression of it being a good solid workhorse of a tank.
TANK.jpg

I really like the inclusion of the key type tool for when you take the tank apart and when it may get a bit hard to do so.
I think the 3 extra coils is a real bonus giving a first time user the chance to really try them and see which they prefer. Also its just great value full stop with so many packets of coils these days just coming in three's. 5 coils with a new Tank is excellent value.
Juice consumption was a little lower than average which would be expected giving the Ohmage produces less vapour or clouds. The coils saw me put about 50ml through them before flavour drop had me change them out. So vaping time was around average too.
The Tank itself overall as presented by Dovpo, being a cross over type tank between DTL and MTL, does hit the nail on the head as far as their description of it goes. But, those who like big air flow DTL type vaping will find it's style very restrictive.
It is obvious though that the full flavour profile of the twin stack mesh coils is definitely not fully exploited or realised with the current air flow rings restriction. The coils obviously have a bit more to offer in my opinion than it allows them to deliver and why they chose to restrict their full potential I find a little baffling to be honest. Perhaps the V2 of this tank will address that.
Anyway, as a gap filler between DTL and MTL vaping, especially for those wanting a little more than perhaps their current MTL has to offer but not wanting a "breath right in fog machine", as far as quality and value wise go, I'd have to say the Dovpo Ohmage just may be what your looking for.
Again, many, many thanks to the ever wonderful Cortana and Health Cabin for allowing me to review this tank.
Cheers all and many thanks for taking the time to read this.
https://www.healthcabin.net/dovpo-the-ohmage-sub-ohm-tank-atomizer-p/23000.html

Last edited:
Nice review but..........needs more detail :D

Seriously though. No stone left unturned. Great review.

Nice review but..........needs more detail :D

Seriously though. No stone left unturned. Great review.
Thanks for that mate. I suppose I could have added some more detail, :hmm: ... I'll keep that in mind if there is a next time. :thumbup:

Nice review mate. Looks like a decent tank, I do like a restricted draw so might be worth a punt for me.

Nice review mate. Looks like a decent tank, I do like a restricted draw so might be worth a punt for me.
Thanks mate. Just so long as you know its very restricted compared to any other DTL tank I've used. I guess one could always get the Black & Decker out if needed.

Nice review. I was tempted to get one of these as I am a big fan of the Profile RDA. But in the end I couldn’t be tempted back to sub-ohm tanks.

Back
Top Bottom