What's new

Sub Ohm aspire ODAN -Sub ohm tank.

eyeball kid

Legend
For your pleasure today is the ODAN from the mighty Aspire.
This review represents my own thoughts and not necessarily those of POTV.
Huge thanks to Tina @aspire for sending me the ODAN to play with.
WP_20190922_16_42_17_Pro.jpg

What you get.
The ODAN is a 29mm stock coil sub ohm tank and came pre fitted with the Crystal style glass tank which I understand will hold 5mls of juice. You get a spare glass which is shaped top and bottom to give you a straight sided tank with the maximum capacity (7mls... yes that's correct, I've checked), a bag of spare o rings and two coils, both mesh with one rated at 0.2 ohms and the other 0.3 ohms. The usual instruction manual and guarantee are included and very well written.
WP_20190922_16_43_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20190929_19_37_38_Pro.jpg

The tank is top fill which is achieved by lifting the top of the tank, then sliding it in the direction of the little arrow design atop.
This smoothly reveals a huge kidney shaped rubber fill point.
Airflow is handled by a very nicely ridged smooth airflow ring with four large apertures.
WP_20190929_19_37_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20190929_19_37_16_Pro.jpg

The coils in the ODAN are new to me and Huge. I don't mean baby beast style huge, I mean Huge and they are designed with the maximum amount of chimney size within the coil, so for once the 810 drip tip is not stifled anywhere along the airflow route.
WP_20190922_22_12_03_Pro.jpg

Now if you don't like overhang you'll need a solid mod for this to sit atop but surprisingly you don't need crazy amounts of wattage to get this tank working very well indeed.
The 0.3 ohm coil is rated 30-60w and the 0.2 50-80w.
Huge airflow is what this big boy is all about and the flavour really doesn't disappoint. I've been running the 0.3 ohm coil at 35w for around ten day's now (evening's) and it's barely broken in. The wicking is very impressive as I've been using an old favourite juice which is 75%vg and and no matter how quickly I vape, it keeps up with no issue's even running at 60w for a warm dense vape. That isn't surprising with the size of the wicking window and simplicity of the coil design.
Beautifully built (as you'd expect from aspire) and as I wasn't keen on the Crystal glass I replaced it with the straight one which leaves it looking very smart indeed if a little large.

This took me back to the excitement I felt when I picked up the aspire nautilus and atlantis on release. There was nothing like them before and I think this is really the next level for aspire.
This could be the tank that hands the flavour and cloud prize firmly back to Aspire.

Grab one from your local vape shop, or directly from aspire.
https://www.aspirecig.com
Again thanks to @aspire for sharing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom