What's new

Sub Ohm Another advken manta mesh tank review

red5

Achiever
Advken Manta mesh tank

You_Doodle_2019-03-06T21_26_44Z.jpg

@Healthcabin kindly sent over the advken manta mesh tank for review, so let's take a look at what's in the box.

There’s your tank obviously with one coil preinstalled, this breaks down into four parts for cleaning or replacing the coil. (Five if you include the aft ring which is also removable. There are two supplied “glass” sections, one plastic and one glass and a spare coil (more on both of those later).

IMG_0482.JPG

You also receive a Doctor coil spares baggy with o-rings, an advken branded micro fibre cleaning cloth and an advken info card.

You_Doodle_2019-03-06T21_30_39Z.jpg

Design and features

The advken manta mesh tank is a baby beast compatible sub ohm tank with a 24mm diameter and 35mm tall (not including the drip tip of 510 pin). You can clearly see where design cues from the manta rta have been used on the top cap and the airflow control, however it all goes a bit pear shaped in the middle, quite literally! The design is certainly bold, presumably to differentiate it from all the other sub ohm tanks available on the market, but it's definitely going to be one of those marmite moments where you either love it or hate it.

IMG_0484.JPG

The supplied resin drip tip comes in the same colour as the plastic tank section with a cobra style design. It's a true 810 drip tip with no o-rings so if it's not to your taste there should be no problems using your own, I quite like it though and found it comfortable to use.

Up top there's an easy top fill, simply push the top at the clearly marked arrow to expose a generous sized filling port and once you're done push the cap back into place and your ready to go . I've had absolutely no issues filling the tank unlike several similar systems I've used previously, no air locks whilst filling or juice seeping from under the cap. Once disappointment is that there isn't a spare gasket supplied in the box.

The airflow ring is easily adjustable with the 3 holes copied from the rta version so you can get things to your liking and hard stops at the open and closed positions. The afc ring is also removable for cleaning or if you get a build up of juice under it.

There are 2 included tank sections, a plastic a glass one, I found it difficult to find info online but I believe they are both 4.5ml tanks. The plastic tank has the cobra design matching the drip tip in the colour of your tank but it has one fatal flaw, especially in the black version sent out for review… there's absolutely no way you can see how much liquid you have in the tank short of shining a torch from the back! Needless to say I quickly changed to the glass section which has a pearlescent coating on it and found this much more practical in use.

Coils

The tank comes with 2 included mesh coils, one 0.2ohm rated 50-70 watts and one 0.16 rated 60-80 watts. They're both single mesh coil designs with fairly open bores. The coils are baby beast compatible so there's a wide variety of coils available if you can't find advken ones or you prefer another coil type.

IMG_0483.JPG
IMG_0478.JPG

With the 0.2 ohm coil I felt it started to struggle wicking at 60 watts with borderline dry hits but flavour production was good in the mid 50’s range. The coil has the now familiar mesh coil sound, which is to say it's loud but no more so than other mesh sub ohm coils.

With the 0.16 ohm coil I found the quoted wattage range more accurate with good flavour production around the 70 watt mark. The sound though, the coil emits a high pitched whine which is awful and just doesn't go away at any airflow setting so I really couldn't recommend the 0.16 coil unless your deaf!

I experienced no leaking from either coil head.

Conclusion

The advken manta mesh is a competent baby beast compatible sub ohm tank if you can get over the slightly bizarre aesthetics. Out of the two supplied coils the 0.2 ohm version worked well but there's no way I could recommend the 0.16 ohm version. Of course given that this is baby beast style tank you can always pop in your favorite coil from another manufacturer and it also means your unlikely to struggle finding replacement coils in future.

Many thanks to healthcabin for sending the item in for review. You can find the advken manta mesh tank here: https://www.healthcabin.net/advken-manta-mesh-tank-p/20071.html

Review by Red5 for POTV.

Advken Manta mesh tank

View attachment 187983

@Healthcabin kindly sent over the advken manta mesh tank for review, so let's take a look at what's in the box.

There’s your tank obviously with one coil preinstalled, this breaks down into four parts for cleaning or replacing the coil. (Five if you include the aft ring which is also removable. There are two supplied “glass” sections, one plastic and one glass and a spare coil (more on both of those later).

View attachment 187984

You also receive a Doctor coil spares baggy with o-rings, an advken branded micro fibre cleaning cloth and an advken info card.

View attachment 187985

Design and features

The advken manta mesh tank is a baby beast compatible sub ohm tank with a 24mm diameter and 35mm tall (not including the drip tip of 510 pin). You can clearly see where design cues from the manta rta have been used on the top cap and the airflow control, however it all goes a bit pear shaped in the middle, quite literally! The design is certainly bold, presumably to differentiate it from all the other sub ohm tanks available on the market, but it's definitely going to be one of those marmite moments where you either love it or hate it.

View attachment 187986

The supplied resin drip tip comes in the same colour as the plastic tank section with a cobra style design. It's a true 810 drip tip with no o-rings so if it's not to your taste there should be no problems using your own, I quite like it though and found it comfortable to use.

Up top there's an easy top fill, simply push the top at the clearly marked arrow to expose a generous sized filling port and once you're done push the cap back into place and your ready to go . I've had absolutely no issues filling the tank unlike several similar systems I've used previously, no air locks whilst filling or juice seeping from under the cap. Once disappointment is that there isn't a spare gasket supplied in the box.

The airflow ring is easily adjustable with the 3 holes copied from the rta version so you can get things to your liking and hard stops at the open and closed positions. The afc ring is also removable for cleaning or if you get a build up of juice under it.

There are 2 included tank sections, a plastic a glass one, I found it difficult to find info online but I believe they are both 4.5ml tanks. The plastic tank has the cobra design matching the drip tip in the colour of your tank but it has one fatal flaw, especially in the black version sent out for review… there's absolutely no way you can see how much liquid you have in the tank short of shining a torch from the back! Needless to say I quickly changed to the glass section which has a pearlescent coating on it and found this much more practical in use.

Coils

The tank comes with 2 included mesh coils, one 0.2ohm rated 50-70 watts and one 0.16 rated 60-80 watts. They're both single mesh coil designs with fairly open bores. The coils are baby beast compatible so there's a wide variety of coils available if you can't find advken ones or you prefer another coil type.

View attachment 187987 View attachment 187988

With the 0.2 ohm coil I felt it started to struggle wicking at 60 watts with borderline dry hits but flavour production was good in the mid 50’s range. The coil has the now familiar mesh coil sound, which is to say it's loud but no more so than other mesh sub ohm coils.

With the 0.16 ohm coil I found the quoted wattage range more accurate with good flavour production around the 70 watt mark. The sound though, the coil emits a high pitched whine which is awful and just doesn't go away at any airflow setting so I really couldn't recommend the 0.16 coil unless your deaf!

I experienced no leaking from either coil head.

Conclusion

The advken manta mesh is a competent baby beast compatible sub ohm tank if you can get over the slightly bizarre aesthetics. Out of the two supplied coils the 0.2 ohm version worked well but there's no way I could recommend the 0.16 ohm version. Of course given that this is baby beast style tank you can always pop in your favorite coil from another manufacturer and it also means your unlikely to struggle finding replacement coils in future.

Many thanks to healthcabin for sending the item in for review. You can find the advken manta mesh tank here: https://www.healthcabin.net/advken-manta-mesh-tank-p/20071.html

Review by Red5 for POTV.
Good one mate. Im using the Owl tank for my out and about in the bush tank. Same coils as the Manta. I much prefer the .2 ohm too.
Your right, it's good in the 50 to 55 watt range. 60 nah.

Good review @red5 and well done for pointing out the flaws, at least people can make an informed choice now. How does it compare to the Freemax Mesh Pro and SkyNet Pro mesh tanks?

Don't have either of those tanks so I couldn't say. Tried the mesh coil in the mage sub-ohm tanks and I would say the coil art mesh coil was better, given that the manta is baby beast compatible there's nothing stopping you from using the coil art (or any other baby beast) coils in the manta.

Edit: actually I tell fibs... forgot I won a free max mesh pro a while back... only tried the double mesh 0.2 ohm coil so far and that was awesome! Haven't got around to the included single coil yet because I've had other stuff to try/review and the tank I got is bright pink so it's slightly embarrassing to be seen with in public, I wouldn't want to put it on a stick mod because I just know I'd get the "nice sex toy" comment from some of the nobs at work :P

Last edited:
Don't have either of those tanks so I couldn't say. Tried the mesh coil in the mage sub-ohm tanks and I would say the coil art mesh coil was better, given that the manta is baby beast compatible there's nothing stopping you from using the coil art (or any other baby beast) coils in the manta.

Edit: actually I tell fibs... forgot I won a free max mesh pro a while back... only tried the double mesh 0.2 ohm coil so far and that was awesome! Haven't got around to the included single coil yet because I've had other stuff to try/review and the tank I got is bright pink so it's slightly embarrassing to be seen with in public, I wouldn't want to put it on a stick mod because I just know I'd get the "nice sex toy" comment from some of the nobs at work :P

Personally I would throw the single coil away. The 2,3,and 4 coils are all far far better and bright pink sounds a bit much I can understand why you won't use it in public. lol

Back
Top Bottom