What's new

Sub Ohm Advken - Owl Tank - Stainless Steel

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Wise men say? Owl take that

Advken have been on the top of my list for tanks for a while with the Mesh Manta and the RTA Manta and both are my go-to choice for tanks and I must say they are great. Now having this as a decent top airflow was pretty much exceptional and claims there is no leakage at all. I’m impressed to see how this is going to be…

resize_DSC_0714.JPG
resize_DSC_0715.JPG

Out the Box

The Owl comes in 8 different colour options for the 25mm overall tank. The colour options are Black, Blue, Green, Purple, Copper/Bronze (Coffee), Rainbow, Gold and Stainless Steel, with the nipple top delrin tip. The price is $30USD, which is about £23GBP. A really good price with all the included kit and the build of this beauty.

The tank has a 3ml bubble glass and then a TPD 2ml glass which is the usual flat glass... There are loads of spare O-Rings and a spare coil which is the preferred 0.16ohm. I used the 0.2ohm coil in the Manta Mesh and I didn’t find it is great so I swung on by for this one, included within the Doctor Coil bags.

Along with the warranty card and all the other instructions to cover. Not a lot in this packet this time as it a sample test piece but I’m pretty sure there will be either a rubber spacer for the TPD when it goes on general sale.

Dimensions - WxDxH - 25x30x45mm

resize_DSC_0716.JPG

The Build

The build quality Advken have on point and these are sure to be amazing but the coils need to be checked over and redesigned…maybe. They seem to be bringing tanks out all the time. This top airflow system is great with the top filling hole also. Now I’m a big believer in that top is best and they have certainly got this right. But it’s so bulky why simple It needed to be with the design feature. The top filling annoyed me every time…it’s too small of a tank and literally you use so much liquid in this tank… anyway, the filling is so slow meaning you have to tilt the tank slightly to get the best filling options.

So, I’ve tried the tank in numerous stages see below;

30w – a nice starting vape here and it did work but took some time to come through with flavour, once primed it started to bring flavour

40w – OMG the flavour was amazing and it worked a treat the cloud was decent and there was a nice hit on the throat I would have like it may be to go up a few more wattages just to give a warmer vape experience.

50w - nice clean flavour very noticeable on the first draw, second pull beautiful…and then it started to change flavours become lessened…no chain vaping here…

60w - too hot for the coils it doesn’t draw the liquid up quick enough something needs to be looked at here I’m sure…

When priming the cotton it took about 10-15 minutes before the flavour was correct to the bottle name, however, you might say what is correct. Something which I have found on previous Mesh coils is that it doesn’t take too long to start vaping however, this one slightly did maybe because it was so compact, but it still works nice. Avoid chain vaping like the plague it will only hammer your coils.

The airflow is really is great and I’m really happy with how it mixes well with the flavour. The airflow when fully open is far too much, I would advise having it slightly closed. Now as I’ve previously said it’s a good top airflow function and the way there is no leaks is bang on.

resize_DSC_0717.JPG
resize_DSC_0718.JPG
resize_DSC_0720.JPG
resize_DSC_0722.JPG
resize_DSC_0724.JPG
resize_DSC_0725.JPG

Pros

· High grade build

· Flavour is amazing

· Slide action top fill

· Great airflow

· Easy coil replacement

· Love the design

Cons

· Small liquid capacity tank, but a big tank

· Small filling kidney

· You have to slow fill due to the airlock

· Very heavy

resize_DSC_0719.JPG

Conclude

Now let’s hear this one out now…I love Advken tanks. My favourite RTA to date is the Manta, never missed a beat and it’s still hit hard…beats anything hands down RTA wise…but this is about their sub ohming tanks and they are good and I do like them a lot but the coils are not the best.

Now would I buy it? Yes, I would but only because its build quality is overall flavour and the way it clouds. Now I’m a big believer In the Squonker and RDA but who knows… Don’t get me wrong it’s a good set up and the performance of the lower wattage and yes it would keep the batteries lasting an age. Now I’m not one for making assumptions but this will be the start of something…maybe the new one could be called the Bat-tank…

resize_DSC_0721.JPG

Equipment/Products Used
Mod – GeekVape - Aegis Mini - Teal & asMODus - Minikin V2 - Purple
Tank – Advken - Owl Tank – Stainless Steel
E-liquid – Riot Squad! – Ghetto Penguin - Bubblegum Chiller & Empire Brew - Mango Blackcurrant – 70/30 3mg
Coils – Advken – 0.16ohm Single Mesh Coil – 45-80w
Batteries – Built in 2200mAh & Samsung 25r 18650s

Thank you Pearl at CigaBUY…I appreciate your continued support and most of all the shopping experience I have with you…

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-advken-owl-4ml-sub-ohm-tank-atomizer-silver-p-13949.html

Hi mate. Good review. My experience with using the .2 ohm coil is very different from yours with the .16 ohm.
The .2 ohm at 40 watts its very weak flavour wise. It bangs it out though at 55 watts.
I have no wicking issues at all or dry hits. Maybe 70 vg is too high for the coils, they are not very big. At the moment mine has 65 vg but our weather is pretty hot here at the moment so its pretty runny. In winter I drop down to 60vg. Whats the weather like where you are? I adjust my mixes, or make them according to the seasons these days. I could see these little coil perhaps struggle in cold temps to keep up with the wicking with higher vg mixes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom