What's new

Sub Ohm Advken Owl Tank Review

Enoch

Achiever
Today I have my own honest thoughts about the Owl tank, the latest from Advken. This was sent to me for the purpose of a fair and unbias review by @Healthcabin Massive thank you to them for giving me the chance to try this tank out.

So onto the tank, what do you get? The tank is a 4mil capacity tank that comes with top airflow design and with 2 coils in the box. One is rated at 0.15 and the other is rated 0.2. the .15 coil is rated up to 80w and the .2 is rated up to 70w recommended. The tank has a flat drip tip style on top which is replaceable with any standard drip tip and is a 24mm tank , 28 mm diameter at its widest in the middle with 510 pin as standard. It has a top slide fill design revealing fill hole underneath. In the box you get a lovely cleaning cloth, doctors bag of spare o rings etc and user manual.
So onto my thoughts of the tank. I will go through the pros and cons of it, hopefully to give you a good idea of My experience using the Owl, your experiences as always may differ.

Pros

The tank is an extremely high quality tank manufacture wise, probably one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of using. Construction of the tank is excellent and it even survived a couple of quite high falls without a scratch on it which was amazing compared to tanks like the Alpha that cracked by the slightest tip. Airflow despite being top designed was rather good and I felt it never really took anything away from the vape which is always a worry for me with this sort of design. There was plenty of airflow and closing it down a little bit did increase flavour I found. Moving onto the coils and the flavour is pretty good from them, using a range of liquids in there, the flavour was strong and consistent without any drop in performance. Coil life on the 0.15 was still going after around a week and a half but why I can’t talk about it any longer than that I will get to in just a moment. So overall by its standard merits, it was a pretty good tank. Now onto the cons of the Owl.

Cons

The first con for me was the first coil I tried using out the box, the .2 coil. It did nothing but dry hit for me, even with different liquids used in it at different ratios. It only lasted me a day before I finally give in and moved onto the next one in the box, which thankfully performed much better. The next con for me is the fill hole being an absolute pain, one of the worst, if not the worst I have ever experienced. You have to fill the tank up at a slight angle tilted towards you and very slowly otherwise you will flood the top of the tank. Half way through you have to tilt the liquid to the back to carry on and overall for a 4mil capacity it can take anywhere between 60-90 seconds to fill. The more you do it the easier it gets but it still takes a lot longer to fill than it should. The next con for me is the juice consumption being a little high unfortunately. It does drink the liquid and is prone to dry hit when the tank is quite low so you have to keep topping it up to ensure that doesn’t happen. I would argue the vapour production doesn’t tally up with the juice consumed at around 70w neither, much better coils give much better vapes at that range.

Overall

So overall, the tank is one of those strange ones to talk about. On one side you get a very well crafted tank that is solid and can perform really well. On the other you get a tank that has flaws that stop the tank being fun to use if you find them too much an issue as I did. Would I recommend the tank….Sort of. In the sense that you get this cheap enough and you like the design then it will perform well. However if the filling design, juice consumption and overall looks doesn’t sound like it would appeal then this probably won’t be for you.

If you want to pick one of these up you can do so on the link below

https://www.healthcabin.net/advken-owl-tank-p/20234.html

If you want to check out more reviews from Sacred then click the link in the signature below :)

sacred said:
Today I have my own honest thoughts about the Owl tank, the latest from Advken. This was sent to me for the purpose of a fair and unbias review by @Healthcabin Massive thank you to them for giving me the chance to try this tank out.

So onto the tank, what do you get? The tank is a 4mil capacity tank that comes with top airflow design and with 2 coils in the box. One is rated at 0.15 and the other is rated 0.2. the .15 coil is rated up to 80w and the .2 is rated up to 70w recommended. The tank has a flat drip tip style on top which is replaceable with any standard drip tip and is a 24mm tank , 28 mm diameter at its widest in the middle with 510 pin as standard. It has a top slide fill design revealing fill hole underneath. In the box you get a lovely cleaning cloth, doctors bag of spare o rings etc and user manual.
So onto my thoughts of the tank. I will go through the pros and cons of it, hopefully to give you a good idea of My experience using the Owl, your experiences as always may differ.

Pros

The tank is an extremely high quality tank manufacture wise, probably one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of using. Construction of the tank is excellent and it even survived a couple of quite high falls without a scratch on it which was amazing compared to tanks like the Alpha that cracked by the slightest tip. Airflow despite being top designed was rather good and I felt it never really took anything away from the vape which is always a worry for me with this sort of design. There was plenty of airflow and closing it down a little bit did increase flavour I found. Moving onto the coils and the flavour is pretty good from them, using a range of liquids in there, the flavour was strong and consistent without any drop in performance. Coil life on the 0.15 was still going after around a week and a half but why I can’t talk about it any longer than that I will get to in just a moment. So overall by its standard merits, it was a pretty good tank. Now onto the cons of the Owl.

Cons

The first con for me was the first coil I tried using out the box, the .2 coil. It did nothing but dry hit for me, even with different liquids used in it at different ratios. It only lasted me a day before I finally give in and moved onto the next one in the box, which thankfully performed much better. The next con for me is the fill hole being an absolute pain, one of the worst, if not the worst I have ever experienced. You have to fill the tank up at a slight angle tilted towards you and very slowly otherwise you will flood the top of the tank. Half way through you have to tilt the liquid to the back to carry on and overall for a 4mil capacity it can take anywhere between 60-90 seconds to fill. The more you do it the easier it gets but it still takes a lot longer to fill than it should. The next con for me is the juice consumption being a little high unfortunately. It does drink the liquid and is prone to dry hit when the tank is quite low so you have to keep topping it up to ensure that doesn’t happen. I would argue the vapour production doesn’t tally up with the juice consumed at around 70w neither, much better coils give much better vapes at that range.

Overall

So overall, the tank is one of those strange ones to talk about. On one side you get a very well crafted tank that is solid and can perform really well. On the other you get a tank that has flaws that stop the tank being fun to use if you find them too much an issue as I did. Would I recommend the tank….Sort of. In the sense that you get this cheap enough and you like the design then it will perform well. However if the filling design, juice consumption and overall looks doesn’t sound like it would appeal then this probably won’t be for you.

If you want to pick one of these up you can do so on the link below

https://www.healthcabin.net/advken-owl-tank-p/20234.html

If you want to check out more reviews from Sacred then click the link in the signature below :)
Hi mate. I have no dry hit issues with mine at all. In fact I even accidentally put it on another mod forgetting the power was ramped up to 78 w, run the Owl .2 at 50 to 55, and took three long 3 second hits. Thought gee that tastes wierd then noticed I'd overpowered the coil. Turned it down and kept using it for a couple to few more days all ok. Juice useage, less than my plex, same as my T2. Were you running it too higher wattage, too high VG maybe as it reads like a completely different tank altogether. Not knocking you but its kind of polar opposite to how mine worked for me. I love it and bought more coils and spare glasses for mine. Cheers mate.
Edit... You're fill time would be double to tripple that of mine too, 60 to 90 seconds, mine would only be about 30 seconds, which makes me think it may be high VG. What wattage did you run the .2 at?
The other coil is .16 ohm. :57:

Last edited:
was chatting to you this afternoon about this and like i said to you you can only review what you have in front of you,,ive seen plenty of others who say its a good tank im gonna have to get one and check it out for myself

Back
Top Bottom