What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mods Geekvape - Aegis Squonk Kit - Black

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Legends are born…to last

So Geekvape has been pretty consistent lately with their ongoing approach at bringing out various hardware products and keeping to the area they know best…the Aegis range! This range has the biggest sales in the vaping world it's consistent and everyone loves the overall durability of the range…

resize_DSC_0060.JPG
resize_DSC_0061.JPG

Out the Box

GeekVape has released the kit in 6 different colours, the looks are very sleek and the way it sits in the hand is perfect. The size is 87.7x53.5x30.9mm.

The colour options are all Black with Black, Red, Gold, Green, Silver and Chameleon (basically rainbow). The kit retails at USD 80 and GBP 59.

The battery requirements are single 18650, we shall see If it’s what it needs to be (21700). The mod can reach up from 5-100w and has two different function control modes: VW and TC which for me nothing more is needed.

The Tengu RDA comes in with this kit and it sure is a great 24mm RDA. This includes the coils, cotton and all the spare parts which would usually come with the kit.

The kit includes a USB charger which is standard throughout the vaping world however, it does recommend charging through a battery charger as you get a better performance rating and it’s safer. Along with a spare 10ml bottle and the adapter which converts the mod into a single battery mod. (NOTE - This is not a standard configuration this is only supplied with the sample edition.

Always at the bottom of the box is the user manuals along with a warranty card.

resize_DSC_0062.JPG

The Build

Geek Vape has released the Kit in 6 different colours, all the mods have the same IP67 rating for waterproofing as well as being dustproof and shockproof! The device will fire up to 100w with the fast AS-100 chipset and runs on a single 18650, but I would recommend this needed to be 21700, just to give more life.

The unit comes with a 10ml soft silicone bottle pre-installed; and features a handy top fill that couldn’t be simpler to use, a quick slide action and then fill. You do need to remove the RDA as it is in the way this cannot be helped by any means.

You can change the squonk panel to a standard mod panel which is 1 battery, however, as noted this isn’t included in the original sale these are extra and cost £10 in the UK. A 510pin located offset but central to the mod, which would only carry a 25mm tank nothing is really needed any bigger.

Working down the sides we have a very nice size firing, which is clicky but not too clicky and seems a good build. A 24mm screen which is bright in all weather conditions, however only black and white. Which displays the battery life, wattage, volts and puff. The up and down button for increasing or decreasing the power, these are solid. The mini USB connector is at the side under a discrete flap, it works well but again advised to use a battery charge, so you get better performances.

The battery is housed as the Solo and seals with a thumb turn or coin tighten.

While checking the atomizer readings from different tanks they worked a treat, changed instantaneity. I always check the TC mode on mods because it is usually a good favourite for many vapours out there. It works and works very work smooth and always a good hit. Again, this is only dependant on the premium quality of the e-liquid you are using, using poor liquids may differ.

Geekvape have the following safety features;

Resistance of an atomizer that is lower than 0.08Ω,

Over-temperature Protection

Low-voltage Protection

Overcharge and discharge protection

Surge protection

IP67 Waterproof

Dustproof

Shockproof

resize_DSC_0065.JPG
resize_DSC_0066.JPG
resize_DSC_0072.JPG
resize_DSC_0073.JPG
resize_DSC_0075.JPG
resize_DSC_0076.JPG
resize_DSC_0078.JPG

Pros

· Top fill slip action

· Quality workmanship and finish

· lightweight for strength

· Great in hand

· Easy squeeze

· 10ml capacity

· Stylish

Cons

· Single battery

· Temp control isn’t the best

· Overfilling can cause leakages

resize_DSC_0071.JPG

Conclude

I’m starting with the question would I buy this mod? Of course, its super-duper awesome and works a treat in all instances. The Tengu RDA pairs well with the Aegis and all the big fuss over the IP67 it's awesome it's more waterproof than my phone fact! I’m a big fan of squonks where they have been my go-to choice but I do change from time to time in relation to what I’m doing and the laziness…it’s my honest go-to choice and I believe the line will be forever growing in terms of innovation and products.

It is comparable with other single mod squonkers and I dare say its one of the best which for people who like to build and have a squonk mod handy this is the one. I’ve used it while being in the garden working and on my travels. It’s awesome.

Overall, Geekvape you have done it again and you have managed to keep the Aegis in motion and showed what you can do with fine-tuning its awesome!

resize_DSC_0063.JPG

Equipment/Products Used
Mod – Geekvape - Legend Squonker - Black
Tank – Geekvape – Tengu RDA - Black
E-liquid – Nasty Juice - Stargazing - 70/30 - 3mg
Coil – Dual - O.10ohm fused Clapton's tri-core
Batteries – Golisi 30r 3000mAh & Sony VTC5a

Thanks to Clay from Geekvape for providing this bit of kit

https://www.geekvape.com/project/aegis-squonk-kit/

Back
Top Bottom