What's new

Wismec sinuous v80

eyeball kid

Legend
Review in progress.
WP_20190116_21_14_44_Pro.jpg

Here, ladies and gentlemen for your viewing pleasure we have the Wismec Sinuous v80 kit. This was supplied to me free of charge by the fantastic people at @Sourcemore for your consideration
The thoughts below are mine and do not represent the might of the POTV collective in anyway......word.
WP_20190116_21_11_42_Pro.jpg

Ok we've a single 18650 mod with a realistic 80watts of power and has the new avatar board inside (yes you can actually see it).
Oh yes and it's plastic.
Included here is the full size (not available in the uk) 5ml armour ns tank.... yep plastic too.
You get your guarantee, instruction book, usb charge lead and two coils. One is a 0.27 mesh coil and one a 1.3 ohm mtl coil.

WP_20190116_21_11_02_Pro.jpg

The tank is the same tank as you get across the sinuous range, the armour. It has slide top fill and the choice of a large Cyclops style adjustable airflow or two holes that can be shut down tight to achieve the perfect mouth to lung vape for you.
Thankfully the mesh coils I've used on this one have been consistently good. Rich saturated flavours even at a very reasonable 30w.
Again I've said this before on the v200 review. It may be worth you buying the steel version of this tank if you use an eliquid that's known to crack plastic tanks.
The mouth to lung coil is actually very good and lasts well. Rather than make the mistakes of the past in using the same size coil with a higher ohm, Wismec have made the coils very thick so the inner diameter of the coil is exactly the size it should be.

WP_20190116_21_14_58_Pro.jpg

You'll already have your own thoughts about a plastic mod but I can highlight the positives I found.
It's light. I mean probably the lightest single 18650 mod I've used. The buttons are responsive and solid. The menu is a breeze to use and has all the features you'd ever need. It comes in some bold colours and due to the colour running through the plastic your never going to get paint chips. Safety wise, due to being plastic, shorts from unseen battery wrap tear is unlikely.
It's actually very easy to live with.
If it's for you. You can grab one bellow.
Big thanks to soucemore for allowing me to try this.

https://www.sourcemore.com/wismec-sinuous-v80-kit-with-amor-nse-atomizer-green.html

Last edited:
Good one mate. Eek, another see through. Is it a growing trend?
Think you mentioned it before about being able to see any juice entry, so I get that. Then again they could simply make them liquid tight and be done with, which all mods really should be.
Yeah that tank wouldnt survive my juice rotations.

Nice review mate [emoji4] thinking of getting one for the better half as she's looking for something light weight that will take a 18650

Nice review mate [emoji4] thinking of getting one for the better half as she's looking for something light weight that will take a 18650
It is ridiculously lightweight and once set up and locked it's almost impossible to change the settings while.carrying it around.
Also I should have added that it has the same kanthal coil detection in the board so if your vaping a tank in tc and switch back to a standard coil in the tank it automatically switches you back to wattage which is handy for those who change tanks often.

nice review @eyeball kid not a fan of these see through plastic mods though if you drop it do you think it would take the impact or crack?

Last edited:
nice review @eyeball kid not a fan of these see through plastic mods though if you drop it do you think it would take the impact or crack?
I think the mod would take a drop better than many "metal" mods. The underlying metal is often pretty poor alloy as you know.
My worry would be the battery door. Definitely the week link as you'd expect of any hinged plastic. Sods law means it would fall directly onto the corner of the door. Lol.
Strange how so many climber with bundles of cash in teeth trying to buy a home printed plastic frankie with a circuit we all learn to make in the first year of school science, yet a plastic regulated mod set's us a shiver, lol.
I was the same when I opened the box.

that was my main worry thinking it may crack might be worth a shot would have to be the black one though ,,still looks fugly cheers @eyeball kid

that was my main worry thinking it may crack might be worth a shot would have to be the black one though ,,still looks fugly cheers @eyeball kid
I'd let it settle as Wismec seem to be pricing very high on release. The actual value seems to settle after a week or so.
I imagine sourcemore will have a heavy discount on this soon.
I hated the v200 out of the box but I've used it to test all the tanks and juices of late as it's just so bloody easy to live with. I also like that I can see the cells inside for reassurance.

yeah i checked on the price in the link you put up 70 bucks seemed a bit steep but like you say the price will come down shortly so its in my to grab list,, like that the buttons are responsive its lightweight and obviously i can swap the tanks out cos i dont think the plastic one would last with me would be a keep in the motor bit of kit @eyeball kid

Back
Top Bottom